The official goodbye forums thread

me2you1

Reaction score
ok everyone say goodbye to the forums because of the leaked info. I'll see you again when I finish the game!

<3

Yep same here

Bye forums :D

I can't risk being spoiled with the ending for example, so I'll visit this forum again when I finished the game.

Im afraid to say, you both have a point, im outta here :D

So long... Whether... I'm going to stay loyal to these boards... Cuz, what will I do until the game comes OUT? ... I'll fight those mean people that try to spoil the game... I'll just stop reading if it happens to be spoilerness...

Good luck... Have fun...

ITS BEEN NICE FELLAS but i think its time to pack up and leave. as of this post im gone hopefully noone ruins the ending for anyone else still here. peace :thumbs:

*packs things and closes the door on the way out*

I'm staying. I haven't even seen any actual evidence of the storyline being leaked yet. It might have been, but I'm reserving my opinion.

IF I see even 1 bad evidence of a spoiler, I'm out of here. Probably forever, I don't need these anymore because there's nothing to say....

Hey in HL2 the guy... :p
Sounds like a very very wise move, I would like to but I feel I couldn't do it.

Mr-Fusion said:
Who are all you people?!?!

lol, I think they are the new wave of members we have been expecting near to HL2's release. Hell, by the sound of it we are gona have a whole bunch of regulars on our hands!

GOODY!!! :D

Anyway, yeah. I am too attached to this place to actually leave.... But I will be alot more cautious....

i would hazard a guess that this forums real fans that have followed it for years are not going to post threads containing spoilers without warning.

Most newbies perhaps won't have as much desire to know about hl2 as they've not followed it for as long and therefore won't post spoilers anyway.

This sounds like weird logic, however its good enough for me and I'm staying. How else would i get to know all the great new info that's inbound from cyber cafés and valve hq?

Anyway, yeah. I am too attached to this place to actually leave.... But I will be alot more cautious.... :)

Im still staying, this is an excellent site for HL2 news and info, people posting leaked build spoilers have never made me think of leaving the fourums so why should this?

sweet jesus!! new members are coming!! (and leaving) new members are coming!! (and leaving) :p

Yep me too, see ya somwhere around 20th of September!

An official thread made unofficially by a member who isn't officially staff

how's that work then?

lol, that's what I was thinking. This VALVe mess up better not screw up the release date..again..

i don't get it what is this all about?! huh? spoiler? and how this could be? what spoiler? how can you tell if that spoiler is true? probably it's fake.And again there are some people that have nothing to do with their time before release so they start a panic or something just for stupid fun :/ i know!!!! they've seen how the character models looks like in the bink movies wow that's a spoiler!!! now i understand! now i don't want to play Hl2 because character models are no surprise to me anymore, that's crap,I'll kill myself,One year of waiting and i even know how they move,i've seen the animations holy jesus i am done.I am cursed! :LOL: :devil:

see you! Less lag for me then...

Only kidding!

Nah, I think I'll hang around up until release, I'll probably dissapear for a while on release though (because I'll be playing too much HL2 and also to avoid spoilers posted by those people who've rushed ahead and completed the game in like two hours!)

*Direwolf missed something here...what spoilers?
Edit: Oh, its just the script leak thing? Thats stupid. Many of the .wav files were included in the first leak, and many people have had some of the plot spoiled for them that way. This isn't anything new.

Half-Life 2's been released!!! Check STEAM!

I LIE!

Apparently you can read the HL2 script in CS:S cache, and so people are afraid that morons will post them here and ruin the game for everybody.

While I can understand the concern, I honestly think that these precautions are a tad extreme. You aren't gonna be able to tell if the spoiler is real or fake until you actually play it. I personally don't think twice about most of the spoilers I read, cuz I know most of them are bull. And if that's the case, I'll still be surprised by the game even if those spoilers were true.

Plus, I doubt we're gonna see a wave of spoilers any time in the future. Maybe one or two, but I'm pretty sure it will all be kept under control.

dunno who u all are but BYE to you if your going? as for me im staying. Because it takes ONE to show the spoiler....AND THE OTHER TO LOOK. im not going to be looking at the spoiler ;)

The Dark Elf said:
An official thread made unofficially by a member who isn't officially staff

how's that work then?

lol I was just messin'

1) I aint heard of this leak so please bring me up to date.
2) Why are you leaving just because you might read a spoiler, that sucks, your not going to read anything by accident exactly so stop being such bad drama queens.
3) I for one am staying and not being so stupid.

nw909 said:
Yeah guys, I'm leaving too.

hahaha yeah right

:eek: :(

dude, The game is far away from release..............Long time to wait

nw909 said:
Yeah guys, I'm leaving too.

hahaha yeah right
Man, I was going to quote you and say YEAH RIGHT! but then I saw it....

Your so sneaky.....

A couple of weeks ago, some asshat decided it was fun to post a major major spoiler from the soundfiles of the leak. There is a very very big chance something like that WILL happen again, actually, that chance increases every second.

I'm not leaving, but I'm certainly gonna be more cautious. And on the first sign of trouble, I'm gone. :(

hahah this makes me laugh,

see ya ppl dumb enough to leave over this, and dont come back! ;)

EDIT

!!! i just read this 3000 word text file in css folder. pissed of now its wrecked hl2 for me, wont be buying it now

You'd have to be an idiot to think that the script release is going to bring floods of spoilers to this forum. It won't bring any more spoilers than the HL2 leak did, which are few. Alot of the plot can be found in the sound files that came with the HL2 leak, however you don't see spoilers everywhere do you?

Or maybe i'm wrong. o_O

Good riddance... we don’t need whiners around here.

mutt said:
hahah this makes me laugh,

see ya ppl dumb enough to leave over this, and dont come back! ;)

EDIT

!!! i just read this 3000 word text file in css folder. pissed of now its wrecked hl2 for me, wont be buying it now

Im sorry to say this but you sir are an idiot. Why the hell did you read it if you knew it was going to contain major spoilers for the game! and then you have the sillyness of complaining about it! Duh :rolling:

The storyline of Half-Life 2 has been pretty much public for months now. I don't see a huge increase of spoilers appearing on the forums and any that do appear the mods will jump on as soon as they pop up. Just be cautious and remember the report moderator button.

And, what'a hell are you talking 'bout?Story leak, c'mon people... that's all lies.
But, you sounds like HL2 already relased...
What that happen here?New apocalypse?

You people are freaking out, take a deep breath and chill. First off you are taking this game way too seriously, so what if you accidentally read a couple phrases from the game? The HL2 leak was a much bigger spoiler than this and I haven't seen it discussed here in months. The moderators are pretty much on top of things here, you can trust them to remove any thing that isn't supposed to be here quickly (usually before you even see it).

Back