The Whiteboard incident

Anyone thought of the possibility of the whiteboard being unused for a while and 6/3 actually does state 6th of March ? :p I mean isn't that the "standard" of writing dates?

Next person to say it starts with DIST is gonna make me shout Moooo! The alternate angle clearly shows when you place the 2 shots next to each other it says Start discretionary acting anims. There is no way a smudged 'c' can look like a 'T'.

American dates MM/DD/YY, everywhere else DD/MM/YY, so that would actually be the 3rd of June

Hmmm. Well good to see we extrapolated an answer.

Start discretionary acting animations? To me that sounds as if they're going to be fine tuning character animations. Having one last look at what's good and bad about facial expressions and/or running/shooting animations. All the little things! Hopefully...

Though what's clear is there's still a sizeable amount of work to be done.

You guys are reading WAY too much into scribbles on a whiteboard. Jesus.

It would seem I missed an entire 8 pages before posting here, dunno how that happened :eek:

vakuum said:
6\3 Start Distribution <---

ARGHH!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I said i would.

Also, a whiteboard is an insight into the workings of Valve, even if we dont understand its still something to talk about during the quite times. How many belgian schoolgirls do you know that went to valve and saw more than most Print articles have been allowed without an NDA.

every one knows the forth letter is a c(with a smugh on top). the fifth letter can only be an M, an N, an R or an e.
so that leaves:
discard
discredit
discreet
discrepancy
discrete
discretion
discriminate
discnumbering
discmastering
discmaster

I suggest this thread is closed. No one agrees in anything, everyone throws in useless predictions..

You should think about cleaning up those links...
uhm I can't get them to work anyway

Camajlen said:
You should think about cleaning out those links...
uhm I can't get them to work anyway

I fixed the links, I had copied and pasted from a quote a few pages back on the whiteboard thread, sorry :)

Don't know if anyone's done this yet, but I had some time so take a look!
;)

OK so that start distribution July 6, it takes a month and comes out August 6. That doesnt seem to crazy to me.

Edit: As I see the above picture, I dont think a July 6 distribution is likely, but wtf does that stuff say?

amneziac85 said:
OK so that start distribution July 6, it takes a month and comes out August 6. That doesnt seem to crazy to me.

Edit: As I see the above picture, I dont think a July 6 distribution is likely, but wtf does that stuff say?

Start discretionary acting anims, it says so on the earlier page, had you read it.. which you obviously did not.

DvS said:
Start discretionary acting anims, it says so on the earlier page, had you read it.. which you obviously did not.

Sorry ass flamer, I didnt go through the previous 12 pages, when you click the 'Last Page' button, it tends to skip a few pages, get a job and you might find yourself using it every once in a while.

"6/3 start discussing about how to tell the community that HL2 is delayed..retionary acting anims"

amneziac85 said:
Sorry ass flamer, I didnt go through the previous 12 pages, when you click the 'Last Page' button, it tends to skip a few pages, get a job and you might find yourself using it every once in a while.

Wow, lay off man. There's no need to be so rude. The guy was merely pointing out that this had been solved about 50 posts back and that's all people have been talking about ever since. And it's usually polite to read a few posts above your own to make sure you know what's going on. Then you would have noticed that four posts above yours is this:

TAKE NOTE, THE WHITEBOARD READS:

"start discretionary acting anim(ations)."

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/sho...99&postcount=92
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/sho...29&postcount=99

I wish people would actually read threads before posting stuff

Edit: Links have been fixed

uhm... Don't want to be rude but... uhm... the links are kind of... not working again :cheese: :LOL: :cheese:

Camajlen said:
uhm... Don't want to be rude but... uhm... the links are kind of... not working again :cheese: :LOL: :cheese:

blame neutrino, shuzer's links in his original post work fine.

Shuzer said:
TAKE NOTE, THE WHITEBOARD READS:

"start discretionary acting anim(ations)."

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=428699&postcount=92
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=428729&postcount=99

I wish people would actually read threads before posting stuff

Edit: Links have been fixed

d8cam said:
This kind of stuff is the reason I left these forums a few months back...always thinking that the smallest thing could be the biggest thing...
It may be the big things that get the most attention, but its the details that come up and bite you in the ass sometimes.

PS - You just have to fear my 6 posts since July '03.

For all we know, the next few lines could be

6/10 - Finish Discretionary animations
6/17 - Go Gold

Hey, give him a break. His name is amneziac85. Maybe he did read it, then forgot. :)

wait guys this is totally overanalising in sheer desperation,

ITS AS SIMPLE AS,

valve do E3,

we watch new video's/ video in the week after E3 :)

Valve release HL2 shortly after E3,

so you can only guess that it'll go gold, at the most 2 months after E3

it will most likely come out when they are finished with it...... :sleep:

E3 and beyond.............. :sleep:

Onions said:
Start Distribution? :eek:

hahahahha :rolling: Onions, earlier in this thread there's a picture of the other half of the whiteboard, and it says 'START DISCRETIONARY ACTING ANIMS'. I'm laughing because people keep posting different theories in this thread, and other people keep posting that it's already solved. It's too silly of a thing to post as a site announcement I'm sure, but it would be nice if there were a way to make clear to everyone who looks at this thread that the mystery has been solved.

poor onions :( ... probably didn't want to read through all these posts.. heh waaaay to many posts in this thread for this topic :p

So the whiteboard date has crashed and burned or what?

Poor HL community we get in such a muddle. :farmer:

Back