Tunnels, Traptown and Bugbait 56k downloads! (Triple Release)

Northwood83

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, The bandwith has been restored as of August 1st. Its 1:29AM here so dont be too harsh on me. Plus im on vacation at a friends in New York! Traptown is quite large for the 56k release but its because of all the motion and because its quite long. I expect to be getting mirrors up from Munro (thanks!) on this and future releases.

Download Traptown 26.1 Megs

Download Tunnels 14.4 Megs
:cheers:

On a side note: I reccommend downloading the actual bink files once you have seen these. If you even have to let it go overnight you should do it. The quality of the bink is really unmatched.

Added:

All of my future videos will be HL2.net exclusives so please do not ask to host them on your webspace/webpage.

This ones got a transparent watermark in the lower right hand corner just to ensure noone goes and claims it as their own (Something which has been happening as of late to my videos). Later today expect to see all the released videos up on HL2.net's main server so if you missed any this is your chance to get them.

Bugbait 56k version:

Download Half-Life 2 Bugbait - 23.3 Megs

I love people who care about others...

You ''pwn'' northwood!!!!

Thanks a lot Northwood! You are truly a great person :thumbs:

*heavenly light shines over Northwood*
Northwood can sin forever and still get in the pearly gates now :) thanks again man

Great work!....

But the link to these vids are dead :flame: :E

I'd just like to take the opportunity to give my thanks to you Northwood. Being a 56k'er I havent seen any HL2 action sequences 'til now but thanks once again.

Traptown is down and Tunnels will be done on Saturday. Any chance of Kleiners Lab?

I had all the other previous videos done, But they got deleted. I still have them on my hardrive and im working with Munro to get them up on HL2.net's server. Once he does that you can get all (as of right now) 5 videos from Hl2.net.

hmm i think the links are down, well they aren't workign for me (at least tunnels isn't) guess i'll wait till' munro gets em' :)

OMG!! Your the MAN!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:cheers: :cool: :eek:

BTW the links are working fine for me :D :D

ok links seem to be working fine now for me as well lol i only had like 2 minutes till tunnels was done and it crapped out on me last night :) re downloading now

Sorry, I cant host them anywhere else. Munro and I have an agreement for them to be HL2.net exclusives from now on. :cool:

Well, ok. I'm rendering out some Divx-High, Divx-Med, and Divx-low versions of all videos. For example "Tunnels" is 70Mb in high (better than the bink as it runs smoother and are a bit blurrier), "Tunnels" in med is 35Mb, still really good quality, and I also have the ultra-low versions where Tunnels is 8Mb.

All these will soon be released, when a new hl2 gamesite opens sometime next week...

Yes I really want you to host the files. They are being converted on some computers as we speak. Byt I want to wait till the day our new HL2 site opens, which hopefully will be in 3 days or something(we're having some problems with our host)...

TrapTown rules!
the .mov I had of it (Low quality etc) went all black right aftrer he jumped down, never knew there were zombies in that one! Cool!

Originally posted by A2597
TrapTown rules!
the .mov I had of it (Low quality etc) went all black right aftrer he jumped down, never knew there were zombies in that one! Cool!

Same here man, omg thats was freakin awesome how the zombies were getting cut in half then gordon shot and blew the car back and it all caught on fire!!! Hey northwood, my man, how bout' bugbait? :)

Could someone post a 56k version of the BugBait vid for us 56kers :D

I think Northwood should put it up, at least until Half-Life2.net is set up to make those vids available because it could be weeks before that happens :flame: :stare:

Ill have bugbait up soon, Munro went to work and wont be home for 2 more hours so Ill use my webspace.

Wait two days you fellows ;) Only thing left is DNS (me not talking bout hl2.net)

I feel sorry for 56k/dialuppers, downloading such huge movies with take ages.
Thank god I have broadband, its great to be able to download 300MB movies in less then 10 minutes :)

I've just merged your threads together to bring all three of the videos to one thread.

Thanks abom. Hopefully Munro can get online soon so I can give my server a break. It used 3.2 gigs yesterday alone on Tunnels and Traptown.

Oh. You don't mind if I make a newspost on this, do you? I don't want to break your bandwith for good...

Id prefer it if you held off, cause munro is coming back in 1 hour now so it will be up on HL2.nets server then along with all the old ones (with the new watermark). So please wait :cool:

Arrgh!!

Are you crazy?! VBR audio in a AVI FILE?!?! It won't sync on my system without decoding the audio to a seperate file and then re-muxing it with VDub(which complains about the audio being VBR as well). Please stick to CBR audio or use a modern container format like OGM or MKV.

Originally posted by Northwood83
Id prefer it if you held off, cause munro is coming back in 1 hour now so it will be up on HL2.nets server then along with all the old ones (with the new watermark). So please wait :cool:

Righto.

Re: Arrgh!!

Originally posted by Mr.Radar
Are you crazy?! VBR audio in a AVI FILE?!?! It won't sync on my system without decoding the audio to a seperate file and then re-muxing it with VDub(which complains about the audio being VBR as well). Please stick to CBR audio or use a modern container format like OGM or MKV.

Sorry your having issues with it, Noone else has reported a problem. What are your system specs? You should try upgrading your divx version to the most current version http://www.divx.com Have you even downloaded the file? Ive tested it on two systems and there is no sync issues with the audio/video.

Specs: WindowsXP Home Edition
AMD-Duron 1.2GHz
640Megs PC133 Ram
Rage128Pro 16 Meg GFx card
ALS4000 Sound Card
DirectX 8.1

Problem: AVI was designed with CBR audio in mind so there is *NO SUPPORT* for VBR audio in AVI files. The only reason that it even works is because of a hack to the AVI file format that allows some players(DirectShow/DirectX based) to playback the files properly. Now, while for most people this will work file for others it won't. Reasons: (1)They're using a Macintosh(which doesn't even support MP3 in AVI properly) or Linux which have NO DIRECTX SUPPORT. (2)They're using VfW(Video for Windows) to playback the files. VfW came before DirectShow and has no support for the hack mentioned above. (3) For some reason their computer doesn't like the VBR audio hack and refuses to use it. However, since the invention of AVI other formats have come along. These include OGM(tobias.everwicked.com) and Matroska(www.matroska.org). OGM has the main advantage of having Ogg Vorbis(www.vorbis.com) audio support(MKV has it too but you need the OGM filters to use Vorbis in it).

What is Ogg Vorbis?: Ogg Vorbis is an audio codec like MP3 only it is much better in quality and file-size(achives CD-Quality at ~160kbps). It is naitibly VBR and uses quality settings instead of bitrate settings for maximum audio quality. It is also free and open-source(no licensing; if an MP3 codec isn't properly licensed Fraunhofer could sue you for BIG BUX). Try it!

Have you tried loading it into the divx player that comes with current versions of Divx?

Hmm... seems to work fine in that, but I don't like the DivX player.

Neither do I but honestly, If it works then the problem is solved. Its only one video file. If you really want to watch it then you should use the Divx player. Im not going to change the way I do these because Ive been encoding movies and other videos like this for 2 years now and I havent encountered a problem yet.

As for Linux and Mac users, Im not catering to them. If they want to get the files to work then im sure there is a program or drivers to make it compadible.

Back