Unlockables, acheivments, ideas thread.

Engineer unlock:

The bucket! (replaces pistol):

This is simply an extra load of 200 scrap metal. You have to equip the bucket to set it down and use it's supplies, but you can pick it up again. No-one else can touch your bucket, or steal from it. When you are near it, it will automatically make sure your at full scrap until it runs out. You can not collect a new bucket in anyway, until you die.

Spy-

[Zapper unlock] - takes 2 seconds longer to destroy sentries and dispensers but can also be used on the medic's healing gun preventing an uber charge. The medic is forced to find an engineer to knock the zapper off.

[Hallucination Grenade] - replaces revolver - This is designed for the spy who wants to play defensivly rather than offensively. A toss of this grenade lets out a clear hallucenegenic gas that causes the infected person to panick and see all of his teammates change to the color of the enemy team. Thus shooting at everybody not knowing who is really and enemy or a teammate. Effect only lasts for a few seconds, buying the spy some time to get out of the area.

the Wee Beasty

Replaces: Grenade Launcher

A Rabid Squirrel Covered With Explosives The Demoman Simply Chucks One Into The Battlefield And It Chases The Nearest Enemy It Sees And Detonates. The Demo Only Gets A Total Of Four Beasties.

Yes..

The Frisbee of Death

Replaces: Sticky launcher

The FOD is a Frisbee with a time bomb duct taped to it. Thrown by pressing the
primary fire button once the FOD will fly a short distance and stick to any solid surface.
If the primary fire is held down the trow will be charged up and a fully charged FOD will
travel 50% further than a charged sticky, making it ideal for long range rush stopping tactics. The snag is that you only can carry 16 FOD's at a time and the standard 8 bombs at a time rule still applies.

The Bolas

Replaces: SMG

The Bolas act as an alternative secondary weapon for the sniper. Pressing the primary fire
causes the sniper to spin and throw the Bolas at a target, upon hitting the target the Bolas
wrap around their legs restricting their movement to 50% of their top speed for 5 seconds
and causing damage comparable to a shotgun crit. The slowdown effect gives the sniper time to finish off his foe with his rifle or kukri. Secondary fire causes the sniper to just spin the bolas. The snag with the weapon is it cannot crit and the sniper only can carry four at a time.

ok, an idea for the engineer would be an alternative sentry gun with 2 flamethrowers (when fully upgraded). yes, it'd have a shorter range, but it'd be good for putting around corners. and maybe also have an alternative dispenser that heals players and restocks ammo at a slower rate, but also repairs sentry guns in its range

Get Smart: Get fifty intel captures on a CTF map

International Man of Mystery: Dominate a single player as a spy on each official map

The Man from V.A.L.V.E : Reach a total play time of 50 hours as Gabe's favorite class

Leeroy Jenkins! - As a spy, lead 5 enemy medics who are healing you to their deaths.

Some achievements...

N00b - Play a whole round without killing a single person and die at least 10 times
Uber Pwnage - Play a whole round without dying once and kill at least 20 people

Live and Let Fry: Kill 25 pyros with Backstabs.

The Spy Who Fragged Me Kill 50 people with the revolver.

Heavy Weapons Spy: Backstab 50 heavies.

Tinker, Tennor, Doctor, Spy: Steal a total of 10,000 HP from Medics, or Dispensers.

Double Agent: Backstab someone and then be autobalanced to their team.

The Holdout Pistol

Replaces: Revolver

A small single-shot pistol the holdout is deadly a close range and an is decent at
medium ranged attacks. The Holdout grants a 100% chance of a critical shot if the
spy is behind his target. The catch is that you only have one shot before you must reload,
forcing the spy to prioritize the greatest threat to use the weapon on.

The Tracer

Replaces: Butterfly knife

The Tracer has a small radar screen integrated into it's hilt, simply backstab your target
and they will appear on the radar. You can track only four people at once, if you enter a new person into the radar the oldest person is removed. The catch is if you die all of your Tracer people are removed.

Has anybody mentioned homing missle for soldier yet?

It would replace the rocket launcher, and the benefit would be obviously that it follows players and garantees a hit unless they hide behind an object.

The disadvantage would be that there is just one rocket as opposed to the normal 4 and takes a little longer to reload.

Live and Let Fry: Kill 25 pyros with Backstabs.

The Spy Who Fragged Me Kill 50 people with the revolver.

Heavy Weapons Spy: Backstab 50 heavies.

Tinker, Tennor, Doctor, Spy: Steal a total of 10,000 HP from Medics, or Dispensers.

Double Agent: Backstab someone and then be autobalanced to their team.

The Holdout Pistol

A small single-shot pistol the holdout is deadly a close range and an is decent at
medium ranged attacks. The Holdout grants a 100% chance of a critical shot if the
spy is behind his target. The catch is that you only have one shot before you must reload,

The Tracer

The Tracer has a small radar screen integrated into it's hilt, simply backstab your target
and they will appear on the radar. You can track only four people at once, if you enter a new person into the radar the oldest person is removed. The catch is if you die all of your Tracer people are removed.

What's the downside to the tracer? I do like the holdout though.

The Holdout sounds overpowered. The Revolver is already a great weapon for picking off enemies.

The holdout isn't overpowered, as you lose the ability to snipe with your gun like the revolver can, and you only have one shot per clip, and you must reload between shots. Should you miss, you need to either get out of there or die; the 100% chance of getting a crit works just like a backstab, something that already occurs in-game.

The Tracer's weakness is that minus the radar it's the exact same knife as the old one, that and from my in-game experience spies don't usually last too long in the field, the radar function would be limited as respawn removes all contacts form the screen

Also:

The Flak Gun

Replaces: Minigun

The Flak Gun fires exploding shells at a rate slightly slower than the minigun. Perfect for stopping rushes, and flying enemies the Flak gun however, consumes twice as much ammo as the minigun, and can damage the heavy at close range

The Hoagie

Replaces: Fists

A giant sandwich, the hoagie can be used to bludgeon enemies with. however, taunting with the weapon grants the heavy a one time only
healing of 100 hp

The Tracer's weakness is that minus the radar it's the exact same knife as the old one, that and from my in-game experience spies don't usually last too long in the field, the radar function would be limited as respawn removes all contacts form the screen

There is no weakness then?

Well the Tracer really doesn't have any difference in damage than the old knife, it only
adds the tracking functionality for up to four players, If you die the people you had on your radar go away so in a way the only weakness the weapon has is the plyer who uses it

Tracking is an interesting concept. It would be cool if the whole team could "see" tracked players (not sure how though, perhaps like Left4Dead?).

A spy could mark people, then his team could somehow see them to tell when a rush is coming and so forth.

or

What if a spy could mark a sentry gun so his team would know where they are to take them out?

I just thought of another interesting idea: what if the spy could somehow plant a mini-camera so you could keep track of what's going on in the other team's base, or for use as a security camera? Maybe the spy (or engie) could also set-up a monitor so members of the team could view the camera as well.

Perhaps the mini-camera could only be planted on sentry guns (enemy or friendly) to see what they "see" - and the only way to get rid of them is to destroy the sentry and build a new one.

This might be out of the scope of TF2, but it might work in some game down-the-line.

Well the Tracer really doesn't have any difference in damage than the old knife, it only
adds the tracking functionality for up to four players, If you die the people you had on your radar go away so in a way the only weakness the weapon has is the plyer who uses it

Then why should players use the original one? Listen, it has to be an alternative weapon, not an upgrade.

I suggest...

Syringe - A one-shot weapon that needs to be refilled after each step, yet provides an interesting alternative. Instead of a one-kill weapon, the syringe is a mass-distraction weapon. Applied from the backside, it doesn't kill instantly but rather introduces a fast acting poison into the system of the victim. Each subsequent person he touches is infected with a weaker version, halved. Up to four people can be infected, and the damage is halved with each one infected. The poison can only be removed by a medic (takes 50% longer than a fire).

Tracking is an interesting concept. It would be cool if the whole team could "see" tracked players (not sure how though, perhaps like Left4Dead?).

A spy could mark people, then his team could somehow see them to tell when a rush is coming and so forth.

or

What if a spy could mark a sentry gun so his team would know where they are to take them out?

I just thought of another interesting idea: what if the spy could somehow plant a mini-camera so you could keep track of what's going on in the other team's base, or for use as a security camera? Maybe the spy (or engie) could also set-up a monitor so members of the team could view the camera as well.

Perhaps the mini-camera could only be planted on sentry guns (enemy or friendly) to see what they "see" - and the only way to get rid of them is to destroy the sentry and build a new one.

This might be out of the scope of TF2, but it might work in some game down-the-line.

Yes.

It doesn't make sense that you can have a 'Scout' and a 'Spy' on your team when they don't live up to their name sake. You really need to know where sentries are or players are, at least if they are in the line of sight of your 'Scout' or 'Spy'.

In case anyone is wondering on the order in which valve will release their ach. for the classes this is a pretty good estimate on what the order will look like (credit to who ever i stole this from :p)

Support - Offensive - Defensive - Support - Offensive - Defensive etc.

That not only seems like a good way to present the ach. but also its nice and organized that way. (I dont remember were i got that chart, but if someone sees it and they already posted it then the any credit that you think the person diserves goes to them.....or something)

The valve requirement of making the heavy more useful without a medic is hard to do,
I mean, you have a big slow moving guy coming across the field, that's a pretty big target.
The Medic/Heavy combo is really one of the core tactics of having a successful offense.

Was considering today, a rocket launcher which could be charged to produce a crit. Would only crit when full, but no crits normally.

Just a suggestion.

Was considering today, a rocket launcher which could be charged to produce a crit. Would only crit when full, but no crits normally.

I like it.

I wonder if it would work gameplay wise - Valve would have to carefully balance the weapon so it wouldn't be too powerful - mainly, the charge would have to be relatively long so it couldn't be spammed.

The Screaming Eagle

Replaces: Rocket launcher

The Screaming Eagle grants the user the ability to detonate their rockets in mid air.
Say for instance you fired a crit rocket at a pyro and it's reflected back at you. Instead of being blown to bits just press the alt fire button in the nick of time and problem solved.
the downside is that the chances of getting a crit are reduced 25%

The Entrencher

Replaces: Shovel

The Entrencher's special function is that it deals an amount of damage proportional to 50%
of the damage done by the solder's rocket launcher during the current round. If there has been no use of the rocket launcher in the round then the Entrencher does the half the amount of damage as the standard shovel.

The Splattergun

Replaces: Scattergun

the Splattergun is a heavily modified paintball gun that fires glue-filled projectiles. When
fired, the target's movement is limited to 50% of their top movement speed for five seconds. The weapon is perfect for preventing pursuers when stealing points or intel.
The snag is that, unlike the Scattergun the new weapon does very little damage per shot.

The Flechette Gun

this weapon works kind of like the hunter's darts from episode 2. Simply aim at the target
and fire. The Flechettes will either explode on contact with the enemy or go off within 2 seconds of hitting the ground or a wall. The catch is that each dart does much less explosive damage than the standard grenade launcher round.

The Laser Pointer

Replaces: Pistol

The laser pointer sticks the Engie's Sentry into manual aiming and firing mode.
The primary fire button handles firing the primary gun, alt fire launches the rocket pod.
Switching to a different weapon disengages manual fire mode. With the Laser Pointer the Engie sacrifices all long-range attack

BRAINWAVE!

I just thought of this while playing CoD4.

The Pain Director

Cannot get crits. Notifies whoever it is fired at that they are being shot at from the opposite direction the red marker would normally point. i.e You shoot someone from the left, it tells them they are under fire from the right. Would allow for some great strategies.

That's a very interesting idea. I'll pay attention to the attack indicator the next time I play, I can't recall how much I usually use it.

I like the The Splattergun idea, but it seams like you pulling a flare gun there, replacing the scouts main weapon with something that does little to almost no damge *cough* flare gun *cough* would be a bad idea. Instead it should replace the pistol, like you said it does little damage so its jest like the pistol.

For the scatter gun replacement i would think like maybe bebee gun that does better base damage than the scatter gun but it also has a better chance for a crit if the target is on a cp or with the intel. The downside is the speed at which you reload the weapon (like a real bebee gun).

Decoy Tag - Replaces the spies revolver.

This weapon is applied by hand to any opponent and while attached will cause all sentries to target him as though he were on the other team. They do not do damage, but will cause knock back (alot in the case of a level 3 sentry).

The decoy tag can be removed by crouching, if the target is crouching when the tag is put on him, he must stand up and then crouch again.

There is no limit to the number of opponents who maybe tagged and tagging does not break disguise.

This would give spies and extra way to deal with camping engi/s, who could be removed temporarily with the knockback so that a sapper could be applied. Particularly sneaky spies could tag opponents moving back into their territory, who would then draw sentry gun fire allowing the rest of the team to remove the sentry. Plus it would scare the crap the other team, running back to find health and suddenly being flung across the map by sentry fire, much to the amusement of everyone else ^^.

BRAINWAVE!

The Pain Director

Cannot get crits. Notifies whoever it is fired at that they are being shot at from the opposite direction the red marker would normally point. i.e You shoot someone from the left, it tells them they are under fire from the right. Would allow for some great strategies.

People still have ears you know.

And on some rare occurances, an actual brain.

The Dart Gun

The Dart Gun fires poison-laced darts that deal an initial 6 HP of damage and an additional 9
HP of damage every second for 10 seconds. The Gun holds a single non-reloadable clip of
24 darts. The first dart poisons the target, but any further hits merely deal the impact damage. The catch with the weapon is that it lacks the long-range attack ability of the revolver, and it can't crit.

The Recharger

Replaces: Knife

The Recharger grants the spy the ability to recharge his cloak by performing backstabs
1 backstab recharges 5% of the cloak. You lose 10% of all non backstab damage

The "Cannot crit" tradeoff is incredibly overused in suggestions, please be more original.

The poison damage should go faster than that, the main complaint people have with the Flaregun is that the fire damage doesn't damage fast enough to be effective. Also, every time you fire a dart, the ten-second poison "countdown" should restart, so if you timed it properly, you could have the first dart do forty or so damage and then fire a second to do another full round of damage on top of that.

The "Cannot crit" tradeoff is incredibly overused in suggestions, please be more original.

Put it this way, would you personally want to be hit with a dart that did not only crit damage
but also poisoned you? Crits can deal anywhere from 5-20% so at most the dart gun could deal 7.2 HP worth of damage with the additional 9 HP per second for 10 seconds. Barring any chance of negating the poison by use of a medkit, medic, or dispenser the total amount of damage would be 97.2 HP with one shot. The no crit trade off is acceptable as you gain the poisoning ability.

If you look at the topic concerning the backburner getting standard crits along with the 100% chance of crit if behind your target you have people complaining that it's overpowered. Losing the crit shot is acceptable as you gain something in return such as poisoning or getting health per shot as seen with the Bluntsauger. Also in most cases the revolver is used more as the spy's secondary weapon as the knife is the more frequently used weapon.

The Dart Gun
The Recharger

The Recharger grants the spy the ability to recharge his cloak by performing backstabs

5% is like 2 seconds of it charging anyway. And 10% is nothing. That would be so pointless a weapon change, I can't even describe it

Divide By Zero- Kill 6 people at once with your sticky bombs.

Remodeling - Destroy 50 Engineer buildings with explosives

Going Out With a Bang- Dominate someone while blowing yourself up.

The Big Bang- Ride the Goldrush cart to the last point and go up int the explosion.

The Wee Bugger

The Wee Bugger launches projectiles similar to the rollermines in HL2. Once fired they lock on to the closest enemy contact within 10 feet of their location, lock on and follow their target until A) They hit their target and explode or B) Their 3 second fuse runs out and they explode. The Bugger has a few caveats: One, the Bugger's projectiles lack the bouncing ability of the grenade launcher's rounds. Two, The Bugger holds only 4 rounds per clip with only eight rounds in the spare clip department

Spy:
Tranquilizer gun
Replaces Revolver. Gun stuns enemy for 3 seconds and messes up the screen of enemy for 10 seconds(Stacks) Great weapon for retreating from a flaming pyro or anyone. Also great for irritating camping units.
I'm not sure the stunning is nessisary when it fecks up your vision. Seems like rubbing salt in the would. I find losing control of your character to be really annoying. Also it shouldn't stack; too annoying. Medics and medkits should fix too.

I've said this before: Giving a long-range weapon (and the revolver is a long-range weapon. I've used it to out-shoot snipers) the ability to give guaranteed crits is a terrible idea. A crit revoler shot is, IIRC, 120 damage. That's 120 damage that could be gotten while any distance from the opponent.

If you then reduce the accuracy so that the gun will only work at short range then you've got something that is just too similar to the knife.

The Tracer

I had a similar idea except that everyone on your team could see who was tagged, tagging was removed by death and it was the sapper that was placed.

BRAINWAVE!

The Pain Director

I really like this idea. Lack of crits is a bit of an obvious downer :p

Decoy Tag - Replaces the spies revolver.

This weapon is applied by hand to any opponent and while attached will cause all sentries to target him as though he were on the other team. They do not do damage, but will cause knock back (alot in the case of a level 3 sentry).

The decoy tag can be removed by crouching, if the target is crouching when the tag is put on him, he must stand up and then crouch again.

There is no limit to the number of opponents who maybe tagged and tagging does not break disguise.

This would give spies and extra way to deal with camping engi/s, who could be removed temporarily with the knockback so that a sapper could be applied. Particularly sneaky spies could tag opponents moving back into their territory, who would then draw sentry gun fire allowing the rest of the team to remove the sentry. Plus it would scare the crap the other team, running back to find health and suddenly being flung across the map by sentry fire, much to the amusement of everyone else ^^.
I had a similar idea but replacing the sapper to make it a bit sillier I said that it should be a bucket of paint. Making it be destroyed by crouching is an interesting idea.

The Recharger

5% isn't very much, and the normal stab is used so little that nerfing it doesn't really make a difference either.

Riomhaire, you considered my previous idea for the recharger The Cloak n' Dagger to be overpowered because it recharged 25% of the cloak battery per backstab.

Back