Unlockables, acheivments, ideas thread.

i like the idea of having a kamikaze pyro with a flaming tank and all, also i like the idea of putting one of you own friends on fire, and having the heavy throwing him across the map to catch other people on fire, even if it is very unlikely.

Scout
1.)Spiked Bonker:baseball bat with spikes on it (not as many crits, but does more damage)
2.)Boom Stick: Does more damage than the scouts original shotgun, shoots slower and has a mini grappling hook that allows them to get across wide openings.
3.)Tac Track: Scout can place scanners ahead of time to show teammates which direction the enemy is coming from (very useful for engineers when defending the flag, does not work on invisible spies)

Engineer (this is editing/adding my earlier post)
1.) Pack it Up: engineer can rotate and move his equipment, but moves slowly.
2.) Texas Tough: Gives the engineer more hitpoints (150 like a medic) but he moves slower.

Demoman
1.) Irish Brew: Demoman can drink his beer, becomes intoxicated, makes demoman harder to hit by ranged weapons (when drunk, the demoman's controller's movements become over exaderated, Example: when strafing to the left you move like a meter over to the left)
2.) One Eyed Accuracy: Gernades launcher projectiles have a mini seeker inplanted so they can "move" closer to the enemy (they also explode faster when near enimies)

Soldier
1.) Last One Alive, Lock The Door!: All soldiers near the person with this ability activated, shoot, move and reload faster.
2.) Serated Shovel: The name gives it away, does much better damage than the original shovel but swings slower.
3.) You Are Not Welcome In My World!: Rockets move towards the enemy faster and do more damage (they can not crit).

I had a huge reply to your post but it wouldn't let me submit it and i lost all of it because of some security key thing and i cant be bothered to type it out again basically i was saying that you were wrong about a lot of stuff inc. the demoman being scottish not Irish i should know because i am Irish myself.

The Shattergun

Replaces: Scattergun

The Shattergun is an alternate scattergun that fires flechettes rather than standard slugs.
The projectiles fly out of the gun and travel on an arced trajectory, like the syringe gun's darts, resulting in a powerful bust that sends enemies flying at close range, even more so than the standard scattergun. With the 50% increase in knockback provided to help in keeping enemies off your back comes with a trade off. The arced trajectory of your rounds causes the spread of your weapon to increase as the distance they travel increases, making the gun less useful as distance increases.

Reverse the Curse- Get 3 revenge kills in one life as a scout.

Shipping up to Boston- Play one complete round on an east coast server

Home Run Derby- Kill 50 people with your bat

Red Sucks Nation- Win 25 rounds when on BLU team.

Grand Slam- Capture the intel 3 times in a single life.

Jumping Jack Flash- Kill an enemy scout while both of you are in mid-air.

I Love That Dirty Water- Kill 25 people while underwater.

Engineer:

Extended Warranty- Repair 100 Engie structures other players built.

Hoedown- Kill an enemy while doing the pistol taunt.

Power Surge- Knock off 100 electro-sappers.

I haven't read the thread, so apologies for accidental reposts.

Heavy achievements:

Like A Rock - Absorb 10,000 points of damage in one life.

Freight Train - Capture two or more points in a row to win the round, without dying.

Heavy Water - Kill 10 enemies while underwater.

Goliath - Kill 25 enemies in a row, without dying.

Wherefore Art Thou, Sacha? - Kill 10 enemies in one life, without using your Minigun.

Payback - Kill a Scout with an uppercut punch.

From Russia With Love - Give an enemy player a freezecam shot of you cuddling Sacha.

Slow Ride - Take the enemy intel from their base to yours, without dying.

Iron Curtain - Prevent 50 enemies from capturing a point by standing on it.

One Man Wrecking Crew - Destroy 100 buildings without assistance from teammates.

Hard-Headed - Survive 10 headshots from Snipers.

Whole Team Is Babies - Kill every enemy player at least once, in one round.

300 - Kill 10 enemies in one life, without being healed or picking up a medkit.

You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry - Kill an enemy via telefragging.

"Telefragging" means killing someone by teleporting inside of them. It's a luck-of-the-draw thing in TF2, you have to use a teleporter at the exact moment an enemy player is standing on the exit :p

"Telefragging" means killing someone by teleporting inside of them. It's a luck-of-the-draw thing in TF2, you have to use a teleporter at the exact moment an enemy player is standing on the exit :p

There should totally be an awesome animation where if you get telefragged by a Heavy the other player swells up an then explodes in a burst of skin and organs and the Heavy is standing there laughing maniacally.

What the Hell Did You Do?- Kill someone with a teleporter.

Kishka-

Replaces: Minigun

Kishka is an alternate minigun that sacrifices the spin-up ability of the standard weapon for an electromagnet that can attract enemy weapons and debris to fuel the weapon's hunger for ammo.
The weapon increases the Heavy's survivability by reducing the chances of running out of ammo.

The People's Fist -

Replaces: Fists

A pair of brass knuckles the People's Fist deals a punch that sends your foes flying away from you while dealing 25% more damage than the standard fists. The Fist can't crit unless you use it in two specific conditions: you get crits only if you use it on a nemesis or on a player you are dominating.

The Mad Molotov-

Replaces: Shotgun

A heavily modified .50 calibur pistol the Mad Molotov fires miniature flak gun rounds instead of standard bullets. Upon contact with a target the round explodes with the force of a shotgun shot, what you gain in increased range you lose in ammo. The MM holds 6 shots per clip with 24 spare rounds.

A weapon that does more damage to your nemesis is an interesting idea.

The Peacemaker

Replaces: Revolver

The Peacemaker, on the surface does the same amount of damage as the standard revolver.
However, when used against your nemesis or a player you are dominating it deals double the damage.
This handy function makes the Peacemaker a more satisfying tool for exacting your revenge or humiliation than the knife. Because of the added damage potential The Peacemaker can't crit.

The Doublecross

Replaces: Knife

The Doublecross is a dagger that deals an additional 4 HP of damage each time a non-back stab attack hits an enemy target. However, each time the knife's power increases a visible meter mounted on the blade fills up by 15%. If you exceed the meter's capacity the Doublecross will double cross you
and will explode with the force of a crit rocket. The meter will start to cool down if the knife has not been used for a non-back stab attack for 20 seconds.

The Doublecross

Replaces: Knife

The Doublecross is a dagger that deals an additional 4 HP of damage each time a non-back stab attack hits an enemy target. However, each time the knife's power increases a visible meter mounted on the blade fills up by 15%. If you exceed the meter's capacity the Doublecross will double cross you
and will explode with the force of a crit rocket. The meter will start to cool down if the knife has not been used for a non-back stab attack for 20 seconds.

I have never seen a better punishment for being a shitty Spy. :D

I have never seen a better punishment for being a shitty Spy. :D

My secondary is a spy... i usually die before i get the chance to stab anyway so i probably don't have to worry.

Pyro Achievment:
Say Goodbye To My Little Friend!
Use the air-compression blast ability to knock an enemy player off a high ledge and to their doom.

Spy Achievment:
Risk Taker
Backstab xxx Pyro's on the fuel tank on their back. (once again, not much thought put in...)

Unlockables:
Pick Pocketer
Replaces Bat. The pickpocketer is basically a pair of gloves on the Scout's hands, reducing his melee attack power greatly but whenever he pulls one off he takes a portion of an enemy's ammo to fuel his own guns, and if his own are full, the ammo he takes simply dissapears.

Rubber Rifle
Replaces Sniper Rifle. The Sniper's sniper is loaded with rubber ammunition, making headshots no longer a critical hit but shots to anywhere on the body (including head) do more damage then originally.

I think the nemesis crit thing might go well with the Scout's scattergun. Maybe no crits normally, a higher ammo capacity and 100% crits on your nemesis.

Doublecross is a good idea too.

The Doublecross forces you to switch to the revolver rather than rely solely on your knife which is something I see happen all too often online. It also solves the problem of people complaining about the knife not doing enough damage when you do non-back stab attacks. It also would be fun to see noobs blow themselves up

The Curse Reversed:

Replaces: Scattergun

An automatic shotgun the CR offers a higher rate of fire than the Scattergun but does less damage per shot than the standard weapon. Where the weapon shines is in the crit meter mounted onto the barrel the longer you are being dominated by a nemesis the more damage the CR will do against them. Every minute you are dominated the meter goes up by 5% when the meter is full any shots fired at your nemesis will be the maximum 20% added crit damage 100% of the time until revenge occurs. Because of the Nemesis crit ability the CR can't crit normally.

The Rocketman

Kill an enemy with the soldier with the rocket launcher which results the player in performing a rocket jump

Walk This Way- Have 50 scouts walk straight into your sentry gun emplacements.

Someone Else's Song- Dominate someone with a sentry that wasn't built by you.

Beam Me Up Scottie - Teleport 100 times.

Need a Dispenser Here!- Actually build a dispenser for a scout.

BLU Screen Of Death- Kill 25 BLU Team players with a single sentry.

RED Ring Of Death- Same as above but with RED team players.

CTRL+ALT+DEL- Kill someone with an exploding building.

RTFM- Find the hidden Sentry manual on Steam.

FYI you Die- Kill 50 spies that have sapped your buildings.

Tech Support- Join a friend's game and help him construct a building.

Walk This Way- Have 50 scouts walk straight into your sentry gun emplacements.

Someone Else's Song- Dominate someone with a sentry that wasn't built by you.

Beam Me Up Scottie - Teleport 100 times.

Need a Dispenser Here!- Actually build a dispenser for a scout.

BLU Screen Of Death- Kill 25 BLU Team players with a single sentry.

RED Ring Of Death- Same as above but with RED team players.

CTRL+ALT+DEL- Kill someone with an exploding building.

RTFM- Find the hidden Sentry manual on Steam.

FYI you Die- Kill 50 spies that have sapped your buildings.

Tech Support- Join a friend's game and help him construct a building.

Briliant.

Except the ctrldelete which is not possible.

The Blighter:

Replaces: Sniper Rifle

The Blighter is an alt. sniper rifle that has the ability to slow a target down to 50% of their top speed for 10 seconds, making it a perfect weapon for slowing down rushes. With the slowdown shots however, comes a few trade offs: first, the slowdown effect requires 10 seconds to recharge in between uses and you lose all non-headshot related crits.

I thought the sniper rifle didn't have any non-headshot related crits.

It did in the beta, but it was ninja'd out of the game in a update a long time ago.

Legacy support shows that it still works during humiliation time.

Sorry about that I don't really play sniper that often.

The Magnet-Gun

Replaces: Shotgun

The Magnet-Gun is a modified shotgun that steals 1 unit of ammo from the ammo reserve of an enemy target and converts it into 5 units of metal per shot, making the weapon suited for offensive engineering or the tanking tactics usually employed when engineering on the defensive. Due to the ammo leeching ability the Magnet-Gun does not crit.

The Nail Gun

Replaces: Pistol

The Nail Gun fires spikes at a rate similar to the spy's revolver. While more powerful than the standard
issue pistol given to the engineer the Nail Gun's rounds travel along an arced trajectory, similar to the syringe gun's darts making the weapon more suited to close or medium-range combat. The NG holds 6 spikes per clip and has 18 backup clips.

FYI I Fried A Spy
Ignite a cloaked enemy spy while not in combat. (gotta watch the air carefully for this one...)

The spy who destroyed me - Kill the same person 15 times as Spy on a single map.

FYI That Guy Is A Spy- Kill an enemy spy disguised as you with a backstab.

Secret Agent Man- Go unnoticed for 5 minutes while disguised as a spy.

Counterintelligence- Backstab the person who has stolen your intel.

The Man Without the Golden Gun- Kill 50 enemies with your revolver.

Hey Kids Stick Me In Your Enemies!- Kill 25 enemies with your knife.

The Spy Who Fragged Me- Dominate 3 people in one life as a spy.

The Man From V.A.L.V.E- Play for 20 hours as Mr. Newell's favorite class.

International Man Of Mystery- Dominate someone as a spy on each official map.

Mission Improbable- Have an enemy medic ubercharge you.

Double Agent- As a spy kill an enemy and be autobalanced to their team.

Get Smart- Capture the intel once as a spy.

Shaken, Not Stirred- Get blown away by a pyro while cloaked..

Shoe Phone- Join a friend's game and stab them in the back.

From Russia Without Love- Backstab 50 heavies.

The Man With the Golden Run- Win Goldrush on BLU team as a spy.

Ernest Starvo Blowfeld Kill a Demoman while disguised as a Demoman
(Yes, I know it's spelled Blofeld)

Frickin' Laser Beams- Backstab 25 snipers while they are zoomed-in.

Dr. No- Steal a total of 10,000 health form medics and dispensers.

Thunderball- Sap 100 engineer structures.

Master Of Disguise- Survive for 30 minutes as a disguised spy.

Live and Let Fry- Kill 50 pyros.

You Only Respawn Twice- Break 4 of your records as a spy in two lives.

A View To A Grill Get lit on fire 75 times as a spy.

Our Man (Insert Name Here)- Earn 75 points in a game as a spy.

V-Branch- Unlock all of the new spy equipment.

Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy- Steal health from medics or dispensers and then kill them.

Film Geek- Work in a reference to old TV Shows and Spy movies into almost every one of your Achievement ideas

Scout Unlockables
Riot Gun. Replaces Scattergun. The Riot Gun has a larger clip capacity than the Scattergun. Under normal circumstances the Riot Gun cannot get critial shots, but whenever the Scout shoots a nemesis or someone who is dominating them there shots are guaranteed critical.

Caltrap. Replaces Pistol. The Scout can drop a number of caltraps on the ground. If an enemy steps on one his movement speed is halved for eight seconds and he takes a small amount of damage. If a Medic heals someone affected by caltraps their movement speed goes back up to full speed after only two seconds. Critical caltraps reduce movement speed for fifteen seconds. Stepping on more caltraps does not stack.

Corked Bat. Replaces Bat. The Corked Bat can reflect enemy explosives back at enemies with a well-timed strike. For this ability the Corked Bat cannot get critical strikes, but explosives that it reflects have a high chance of becoming critical.

I really like the nemesis variant.

Much better than NOCRIT BUT MOAR SPEED/HP suggestions

I must credit Doctorwho. He inspired the idea. Also, I made a mistake in the description. It should say "someone he is dominating" instead of "someone who is dominating them." And the caltraps just comes from TF1.

Caltrap is far too TFC along with many other ideas in this thread. The bat is a very good idea though

The Grapeshot Replacment for rocketlauncher the does alot less area of effect damage but passes through/ impales enemy units.

Repeating Rifle Replacment for sniper rifle sacrifices the charge up for sniper shots, for a clip and not unzooming after each shot.

Marker Replacment for revolver does less damage than revolver and does no crits but marks units so that all shots against them for a time is critical.

Please excuse the bad spelling

The Slow Ride

Replaces: Pistol

A sawed off grenade launcher the Slow Ride fires explosive projectiles filled with glue. Upon contact with an enemy the projectile explodes with the force of a standard shotgun round and sprays glue the color of the scout's team onto the target, restricting their movement to 50% of their top speed for 5 seconds. Should you land more than one shot on the target it resets the countdown. There are a few caveats to the weapon however, 1) The SR can't crit and 2) the glue is dissolved by water.

With the Slow Ride you get the speed reduction of the caltraps with the more balanced game play of TF2 .

The Grapeshot Replacment for rocketlauncher the does alot less area of effect damage but passes through/ impales enemy units.

Repeating Rifle Replacment for sniper rifle sacrifices the charge up for sniper shots, for a clip and not unzooming after each shot.

Marker Replacment for revolver does less damage than revolver and does no crits but marks units so that all shots against them for a time is critical.

Please excuse the bad spelling

Spelling is fine and there are some good ideas there. Unfortunately I fear the "Repeating Rifle" will only make sniping worse. Most Snipers are CSS bods and/or Pi. People who don't even bother charging up their shot. It's your head or nothing. So no unscoping is simply more aggravation.

some engie achievments I thought of, no clever names, sorry.

get a sentry to level three in thirty seconds
get your entire set of buildings up in thirty seconds

there'll have to be some you-scratch-my-back, I'll-scratch-yours stuff going on.

Gone In 60 Seconds- As a scout collect the enemy intel and get it back to your base in one minute.

Jumping Jack Flash- kill a fellow scout while both of you are in mid-air

shock.gif

_____

Back