When will they reveal Multiplayer?

iamaelephant said:
MaDMaXX I'm 99.99999% sure you are completely full of shit. How about some proof?

why would he lie? its not like hes some random guy who has no reputation, hes the sound engineer for natural selection

iamaelephant said:
MaDMaXX I'm 99.99999% sure you are completely full of shit.

Me and several other people are 99.99999% sick of your negativity to anything posted on this forum. :rolleyes:

Hmm, as you might already have guessed, they're not gonna let me take pictures of the game, but it really is gonna be worth the wait.

How can he be %99 full of BS if he has pics of there bloody offices.

So madmaxx ready for the onslaught of 1 million PM's asking about DOD :p

Kelly aka Waldo is older than I imagined. hehe, I thought he was about 20 or so.

Wow that's Waldo? He's a regular at the steam forums.

Heh, he's not that much older than 20, its a bad picture, likewise is mine :/ look really bad, my throat was really hurting in that picture.

Did you take any with VALVe people? Yes, I am an asshole, but I won't believe you until there's a picture of you and Gabe or something like that, but then again I don't believe in a lot of things.

So, basically, you're saying you *know* but can't tell, then mention in passing that the menu has no multiplayer tab?

Okay then I'll accept that you're not full of crap. Seriously, whats the worst that could happen if you tell us the truth about the MP? Just say it, screw Valve.

heh, like i said, i only got the camera the tuesday night, i was on the 10th floor on tues, and the 9th on thurs, and in a recording studio in seattle.
I do *know*, but it was told in confidence, i am under NDA, the fact that the hl2 menu screen doesn't have a link for multiplayer on it, doesn't actually mean a lot.

Anyway, the dod guys are valve people.

MaDMaXX said:
Heh, he's not that much older than 20, its a bad picture, likewise is mine :/ look really bad, my throat was really hurting in that picture.

I retract any statements I may have made that may have offended you.

It's just that you posted playing the game without saying anything for proof. Which as we know on the internet, leads to wild accusations by skeptical people such as myself (and the elephant guy, but I'm not a part of his negativy group).

Okay, bye now.

MaDMaXX said:
Anyway, the dod guys are valve people.

Yep. You work on NS eh? I would understand why you are under an NDA, I know you guys got something up your sleeves. :cheers:

Yeah i know you wanted the "big guns" but they were both very busy on the thursday, they had, uh, people, in, looking at the game...

MaDMaXX said:
Yeah i know you wanted the "big guns" but they were both very busy on the thursday, they had, uh, people, in, looking at the game...

You like living dangerously don't you? All your posts are little hints, I bet you're dying to tell us everything you know.

Is it possible that "Half-Life 2 Multiplayer" is a seperate option on the Steam menu?

Feath said:
You like living dangerously don't you? All your posts are little hints, I bet you're dying to tell us everything you know.

Is it possible that "Half-Life 2 Multiplayer" is a seperate option on the Steam menu?

It's been done before, games having separate shortcuts for sp/mp, although it puzzles me why this was done.

I bet the reason he went to valve is due to a contract with the NS team using source.

Well Feath after seeing what you said, maybe he was playing a sp only version? Maybe to confusor him?!?!

Hmm, i don't mean to keep dropping hints, well, ok, i might, but its all i can do.
Jedi knight and similar q3 engined games has separate loaders for multiplayer, but they were still linked in the sp menus.

I was playing the full version afaik, the latest build on the internal steam network.

MaDMaXX I was thinking that, I don't like seeing more than 3 or 4 options on the steam load up menu, otherwise its just clutter :p

MaDMaXX said:
, the fact that the hl2 menu screen doesn't have a link for multiplayer on it, doesn't actually mean a lot.

Which brings up the question... why brag about knowing this at all?

If there IS multiplayer, but in a separate place, why would you tell us about the lack of mp in the menu? If anything, it would support more the cause of those who say there isn't any mp. Unless you'd happened to enjoy seeings some of us anguish even more :sniper:

If there isn't... You're walking circles around the NDA. "Haha there is no mp in the menu, btw I didn't break the NDA by directly stating that there was no mp haha" :monkee:

???

Hmm, not quite, it was a comment in direct reply to someone saying about the lack of the option in the menu from several months ago, im just confirming its still not there now.
Also, the menu, its random each time you load HL2, when you get the game, just sit there for about 10 secs or so and keep your eye on the menu, its really very nice.

Llyranor said:
Which brings up the question... why brag about knowing this at all?

If there IS multiplayer, but in a separate place, why would you tell us about the lack of mp in the menu? If anything, it would support more the cause of those who say there isn't any mp. Unless you'd happened to enjoy seeings some of us anguish even more :sniper:

If there isn't... You're walking circles around the NDA. "Haha there is no mp in the menu, btw I didn't break the NDA by directly stating that there was no mp haha" :monkee:

???

Leave him alone, if I was in his position I'd have been hinting just as much.

Although it does seem strange that lack of Multiplayer would be something he had to keep secret. Wouldn't it be in Valve's interest just to come out and say "Hey dudes, no Half-Life 2 multiplayer but the single player game is going to be radical".

(Note: Valve probably wouldn't have made this annoucement in the style of the 1980s).

MaDMaXX said:
Hmm, not quite, it was a comment in direct reply to someone saying about the lack of the option in the menu from several months ago, im just confirming its still not there now.
Also, the menu, its random each time you load HL2, when you get the game, just sit there for about 10 secs or so and keep your eye on the menu, its really very nice.

I think when I get the game I'll be too busy licking the screen to do anything like that.

I'll also be hugging my monitor.

Well if we could find out, what EXACTLY they sent off to VUG to get shipped, then we might know a bit more.

heh, it was kinda sureal sitting there watching the hl2 menu.

I'm not hitting on the multiplayer aspect specificly, but back a few posts, thats what this thread was about. *shrug* :)

its not that i have to keep it secret, its that i know what it is, and although it *should* be public knowledge, ie, the info is out there, because i've not seen it offically announced, as in, i didn't know it till i was at valve, i'm deeming it under the NDA stuff.

MaDMaXX said:
its not that i have to keep it secret, its that i know what it is, and although it *should* be public knowledge, ie, the info is out there, because i've not seen it offically announced, as in, i didn't know it till i was at valve, i'm deeming it under the NDA stuff.

Valve works in funny ways sometimes, they just let it sit out there, but they won't say "yes thats the hl2 mp" because they like people to speculate ;)

UKchaos2 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/media.html

Watch developer interview #2.

Gabe says at 4:07:

Its more than just CS:S.

Yeah but CS:S would've been a huge surprise, wouldn't it? If it weren't for the leak, I mean.

A thing that puzzles me is Valve were talking about not being sure whether CS:S would ship with Half-Life 2, yet they were talking about Half-Life 2 multiplayer since last year. That seems a little strange if it is actually only going to be CS:S.

Hmm, okay.

Would you be so kind as to direct us as to where exactly the info out there is? If the info you speak is already public knowledge and you point it out, that wouldn't be NDA violation, now would it? :(

Llyranor said:
Would you be so kind as to direct us as to where exactly the info out there is? If the info you speak is already public knowledge and you point it out, that wouldn't be NDA violation, now would it? :(

Pointing out what is already out there won't get him introuble. But saying what it exactly is, will.

i can't point specifically, more on, the info is the same all over, just coagulate the info about multiplayer that has been released. Also, you guys are in the know already, not everyone follows the path of hl2 like we do, if cs source was done right and fully tweaked and updated, then i'd be pretty surprised if it came the the multiplay portion of a game. Otherwise you'd get the standard dm affair, maybe with ctf, shrug.

Just to be more specific, is this info you speak of actually from someone at Valve, or just typical member speculation?

Llyranor said:
Just to be more specific, is this info you speak of actually from someone at Valve, or just typical member speculation?

He went to VALVe, so I am betting info directly from them.

Yes, but he's been hinting at some info that's already been made known. Suspicious.

Llyranor said:
Yes, but he's been hinting at some info that's already been made known. Suspicious.

Like I said though, VALVe does this a lot, they like speculation between communities for some reason :p

In any case, judging from his last few posts, he's been rather hinting that HL2 *will* have a mp. I guess that should satisfy me for now.

Back