which gun should I buy?

I still say guns are for pussies who can't fight. :|

Homer said:
Well, we dont have Minimis in the marine corps, as far as I know. looks like good fun though.

Wait, people can modify weapons on their own? what the hell? I cant even disassemble the handguards all the way on a m16a4 without telling the armorer!

When i say "modify" what i mean is they had gauged out this little whole where the gas regulator fits onto the gas plug so it was a lot more difficult to get the regulator off.

Who wants to take bets that next month secret friend will create a post that says:
"lol, how do you use a tourniquet if you have massive arterial bleeding? I shot my foot.

haha

no seriously."

Sparda said:
Thats my next gun.

I strongly recommend it. It's perfect for eliminating those pesky mosquitoes. Just be carefull not to put that thing in your pan..*BANG* ouch!

I hope you're not the guy that seeked shotgun ammo advice on a forum and then killed two people and himself? Oh, wait, he killed himself.

Hondo said:
Who wants to take bets that next month secret friend will create a post that says:
"lol, how do you use a tourniquet if you have massive arterial bleeding? I shot my foot.

haha

no seriously."

And we'll say - do the medic training in America's Army :D

xlucidx said:
I still say guns are for pussies who can't fight. :|
You go ahead and try to fight someone when there's no need to. In the meantime, I'd like to live, I could give two shits about the 'honor' in how I survived- do I look like some sort of feudal warrior with an assbackwards philosophy on life and death involving honor? No, I'm just a guy.

...GLOBAL REVOLUTION.

*Ahem*

Has anyone ever fired a Sig Sauer? Like, any kind? I'm thinking of buying one when I get older, but I can't really find anyone's personal opinions D:

without reading anything anyone wrote becuase I don't have time to read 7 pages:

Desert Eagle = Large holes in anything. My favorite handgun of all time.

But the DE is ****ing huge. It's like a... hand rifle.

Qonfused said:
But the DE is ****ing huge. It's like a... hand rifle.
A hand cannon. Exactly right. Yeah, it's not exactly stealthy by any means. But who needs stealth when you have a cannon? :p

for everything else, there's mastercard...

Hmm those very rare and illegal fully automatic pistols are really handy as well.

Unfocused said:
I hope you're not the guy that seeked shotgun ammo advice on a forum and then killed two people and himself? Oh, wait, he killed himself.

And we'll say - do the medic training in America's Army :D

I swear to god,That has to be the most informative game ever created. I didn't give a **** about it being a blantant propaganda tool when I learned how to treat a bullet wound. Love to know how it compares to an actual First aid course though.

Oh and the only Gun-Eske thing I'd buy is a deactivated or Airsoft P-90. I love that gun so much.

If I ever see a wounded soldier, I'm make sure to walk up and press E.

:|

Thats why I carry around a keyboard with me where ever I go,Just so I can ensure I have access to the keyboard short cuts ;)

Seriously though its the 30minute long lectures with associated short tests. I mean I wouldnt ever want to make use of something I learned from a game but if it came to it,At least some basic knowledge of what to do and what not to do could come in handy.

YOU should never buy a gun of any kind. 15 damage...I'm just going to assume you have been joking. If you are going to get one for self defense you don't want an "awp" or "deagle". The ranges you would be using it in would be extremely short. I would suggest a short barreled shotgun or double action revolver. Shotguns are extremely intimidating and are easy enough to use. I have not personally used a shotgun indoors but I assume they would be somewhat unwieldly though you can do some things to remedy this like pistol grips and such. A gun should be a last resort though. If you don't have decent perimeter security you should get that fixed first. Good lighting, locked windows and doors, and a decent security system would keep most people out.

secret friend said:
I want a handgun that can do some real damage. not like the stupid default CS handguns that do like 15 % damage. I think a shotgun would be helpful only if you have very good aim, otherwise you'll get shot in the face while you reload

Get an AWP if you can afford it, but be warned that the intruders/theifs are gonna call you an AWPER pussy.

Shotgun for short range defense inside your house? Yeah, take out a wall or two with the robber -- along with your kid.

And don't get a revolver- sure, they're cool as all hell, but they're extremely big and clumsy (from what I've seen). Just go with a nice, cool, reliable 9mm or .45.

I shot an M16A2 before and it owned. IT OWNED! Since you can't get it though, get the civilian version. AR15 i think it is called. You will pwn criminal nubs all day guranteed. Shotgun is only good to use against cops to penetrate their kevlar and the pump action will be your downfall, so an AR15 will be good against fast moving criminals. If you have an AWP you will get ganked and die in humiliation unless you are pro or have hax. M249 is way too expensive so the AR15 is your best bet.

Are you people kidding me?

How is an M249 even close to self defense? Last I checked hordes of thousands of Huns weren't going to be rushing his house with spears.

Yeah. A handgun is more than enough for self defense.

Qonfused said:
Yeah. A handgun is more than enough for self defense.
I prefer a nice Balisong

Hahahaha an M249 or Desert Eagle for home personal defence? Some of you guys are ridiculous

FoB_Ed said:
Hahahaha an M249 or Desert Eagle for home personal defence? Some of you guys are ridiculous

M249 are pretty good for self defense imo. Though, if you really want to be effective you should have a couple stationary MGs around the house.

TheSomeone said:
M249 are pretty good for self defense imo. Though, if you really want to be effective you should have a couple stationary MGs around the house.

Pff, a couple Hydrogen Bombs'll take care of the criminals... along with your city

Just as a foot note, handguns take a LOT of rounds to bring someone down, sometimes even MAGAZINES at a time. If your into self defence, chances are if they're being fired upon it'll scare em shitless any way, if it doesn't, the first round that strikes them should send 'em scurrying, if THAT doesn't work, three in the chest, two in the head.

Basically, for an all purpose, self defence, basic hunting rifle, go for a .303 Bolt Action, make sure it has a magazine, probably best to have 5 in the clip and 1 in the chamber, if your hunting, get a scope attached for hunting, this is mainly for long range hunting, if your going for short range stuff, buy a shotgun, gauge (I think) is simply a measure of the amount of gun powder inside of it. Shotguns also have a nice blank space, if you do buy a gun for self defence, make sure the first three or so rounds in the clip are blanks, this will allow for some time to scare the shit out of 'em.

If you can afford it, buy a tracer to tag at the end of the clip, letting you know when to reload. The blanks would also apply to the rifle, make just one round a blank though, bolting takes a while, but make sure to take OUT the blank when hunting! Now, any questions?

EDIT: @ DeusExMachinma; Yes! Another Sig Sauer lover! My fave gun of all time is the extremely buisness like P228. If your in it only for defence then go for it! not hunting though, they suck when you hunt. But on the range however it seemed pretty accurate. Meh

madog said:
I shot an M16A2 before and it owned. IT OWNED! Since you can't get it though, get the civilian version. AR15 i think it is called. You will pwn criminal nubs all day guranteed. Shotgun is only good to use against cops to penetrate their kevlar and the pump action will be your downfall, so an AR15 will be good against fast moving criminals. If you have an AWP you will get ganked and die in humiliation unless you are pro or have hax. M249 is way too expensive so the AR15 is your best bet.

You should fire the A4, its so much more... solid than the A2.

And a shotgun is ideal for home defence, trust me on this.

I dont know where you got the shotguns work against body armor thing, kevlar stops buckshot. However, with 9 balls(in a 12 gauge 3 inch shell) chances are a few will find unarmored areas and still take out your target.

Qonfused said:
Shotgun for short range defense inside your house? Yeah, take out a wall or two with the robber -- along with your kid.

real shotguns are not like videogame shotguns. They don't spray an entire room. Not unless you have a shotgun cut short in an illegal manner, and even then, spread isn't traffic cone shaped. Even halflife's shotgun spread which is fairly tame by most standards is way wider by 3 or 4 times what a real shotty would have.

At ranges inside your house or apartment the most spread you'll get from your average shotgun using 00 buckshot is at most only a few inches.

Meaning you'll only ever hit what you aimed at. Also since the individual pellets have relatively little mass and are rounded they will not carry the same threat of overpenetration that other guns carry. The shot will probably bite into and stay in the first solid surface it hits.

Also a 12g shot has stopping power. While 9mms, .22s, and sometimes even .45s can be shrugged off by some drug addled freak, you'll be hardpressed to find one that can shrug off a close range blast of 12g 00 buckshot.

secret friend said:
I am turning 21 next month and I am buying a gun. A Deagle or an AWP will do.

ha ha.

No seriously, which gun should I buy?

Hmm.

Not sure if anybodies mentioned this yet, but if you're thinking of buying a "Desert Eagle" or an "L96", and think they are called "Deagles" or "AWP's", then you really shouldn't be buying a gun...

Not to mention you have to ASK what kind of gun you should buy. It's obvious you're just buying a gun 'cause you either have some cash to spend, or "really really want one", and haven't put much thought to the matter.

I'd say go spend that money on something more worth your (as in, you personally) time.

this is pretty sweet, I want one of these when I turn 21

B0002UP0IA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

^

Lol at the hammer being three inches behind the suggested firing cap.

JNightshade said:
And don't get a revolver- sure, they're cool as all hell, but they're extremely big and clumsy (from what I've seen). Just go with a nice, cool, reliable 9mm or .45.
I would have to agree.
babyheadcrab said:
this is pretty sweet, I want one of these when I turn 21

B0002UP0IA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
I had one of them, it ****ing owend.

Get a Daewoo K-2 Assualt Rifle, the best gun in production in the world.

Or a Samsung K-9 .

Back