Who's most likely to get killed off in HL2?

Who's most likely to be killed off?

• Barney

Votes: 31 15.5%
  • Alyx

Votes: 30 15.0%
  • Eli

Votes: 72 36.0%
  • G-man

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Kleiner

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • Gordon

Votes: 22 11.0%

• Total voters

jonnyapps

Reaction score
Crazyharij's excellent translation of the Gamereactor interview talks of using expansion packs to extend the storylines of main characters and also that they'll be elaborated upon in HL3. I expected someone to get killed off in HL2 seeing as it's so dystopian. What are your thoughts? Who do you think's most likely to go?

(as Crazyharij points out there's no mention of a continuation of Eli or G-man)
My vote goes to Eli as he's obviously lame (as in partially disabled, not rubbish) and has the emotional attachment with alyx. I think we'll see him die and Alyx go crazy vengeful :rolling:

EDIT: crazyharij's translation: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23362&page=1&pp=15

I think that female scientist will get killed, maybe she will risk her life to save alyx, and then gordon and alyx will then appear together in hl3

Kliener because it seems more probable than the others.

Where is the "no one" option though, thats what I wanted to click :(

Duracell said:
Kliener because it seems more probable than the others.

Where is the "no one" option though, thats what I wanted to click :(

shit sorry i meant to add it. CAN A MOD ADD A 'NOONE' OPTION PLEASE

they cant kill the G-man.. that would be like killing off Half-life.

I voted for Eli.. just because I had his silly peg-leg.

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
you forgot father Gregori

No i didn't, i just didn't consider him to be a main character. Not in the same sense as all of these guys are from HL1 and aren't KERAZY.

PS - i know alyx aint but she's obviously the sidekick

Moved to Rumours and Speculation in 5...

I think Eli will die, it'd be a big emotional thing for the player, and that's what the want us to have when playing the game, emotions.. Or there'll be a huge standoff with the G-Man in the end of the game, resulting in him dying, or something.

Woo wooo! Here comes the smug spoiler bastard "I've already played the beta and... blah... dies" train.

Mr-Fusion said:
Eli Vance, because he's black.
Sad but probably true.

And I have a feeling the G-Man can't be killed. By anything. Death just doesn't seem very him.

el Chi said:
Sad but probably true.

And I have a feeling the G-Man can't be killed. By anything. Death just doesn't seem very him.
Agreed. :)

eli, because he seems like a cool character who would certainly put himself in harms way to further the resistance efforts.

el Chi said:

what with him not changing his suit in the past god knows how many years, the smell alone should have killed him.

I'm sure Gordon is going to die at least a few times...

They will all die at the same time, gordon will be watching them being torn appart by zombies behind a bullet-proof window.

imma just go with the popular choice.

Eli just cause everything seems to point to him :p

Gordon, again and again and again and again and again and again... god bless quicksave!

You beat me to it:

Gorden, but i'll just hit F7

Alyx will probobly sacrefice her life for gordon in the end or something or Eli will die of age.

The GMAN does die. Ive played the beta, he is doing one of his little speech thingys when a couple of improved zombies with the 'third arm' come in and rip him apart and then you fall unconcious.

Nah Only Joking!

actually there might be some symbolism behind this. Eli and Kliener are the imperfect humans (glasses and artificial leg) and are the equivilent of piggy from Lord of the Flies. The combine too are not pure human. Freeman and Alex will survive becasue they are the perfect and beautiful individuals.

So G-man is establishing the new world order... and using Freeman his "unquestioning soldier" to do it. :devil:

:eek:

Eli's gonna die if his peg comes anywhere near my manipulator

I'd like to think they all survive and live happily ever after ;(

I really hate it that the black dude has to die in all games.

Back