Who's most likely to get killed off in HL2?

Who's most likely to be killed off?

• Barney

Votes: 31 15.5%
  • Alyx

Votes: 30 15.0%
  • Eli

Votes: 72 36.0%
  • G-man

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Kleiner

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • Gordon

Votes: 22 11.0%

• Total voters
OMG yeah why didnt he die and the hot girl die!
black man should always die in movies, it's almost like a law.
wait samuel L jackson died on deep blue sea, lol it was funny.

Yeah, watching people die is actually quite fun

I reckon Alyx Will die as its the thing that nobody will ever expect and will cause the player to go on a furious rampage to kill the administrator in revenge!

I know Eli is definately gonna die, because I'll be the one to kill him :borg:

gordon
alyx will get pregnant and you'll play as gordon's son/daughter in #3!

Barney, because dinosaurs died out millions of years ago.

Well, I'm guessing the g-man. In the gamereactor interview, Gabe says "there is a problem you must solve, but we can't tell you what it is", so it prrobably has to do with one of the main characters, and its only logical for the g-man to be it cuz he is on the neutral side. They also said the conflict won't be black & white, so maybe one of the main characters betrays you or something. Also Father Gregori, cuz the saint-like nutzos always die in the movies!.

Max35 said:
Well, I'm guessing the g-man. In the gamereactor interview, Gabe says "there is a problem you must solve, but we can't tell you what it is", so it prrobably has to do with one of the main characters, and its only logical for the g-man to be it cuz he is on the neutral side.
Also Father Gregori, cuz the saint-like nutzos always die in the movies!.
Yeah I see what you mean with Father Grigori - out in a hail of bullets and dead zombies.
But I honestly can't see the G-Man dying - it'd take so much away from his mystery and his general sinister air. I could see him using Gordon to protect him, but again the G-Man as a coward doesn't seem to fit either...

I know that Alyx and Barney wont die, cause they were talking about to work further on characters like Alyx and Barney in HL3..

The sure hope Alyx gets slotted, i really don't want to play a female in the sequel.I can't take a female fighter seriously.

Ashbery76 said:
The sure hope Alyx gets slotted, i really don't want to play a female in the sequel.I can't take a female fighter seriously.
Welcome to the forums.

And don't worry about playing as Alyx, you are Gordon, and that is the way it happens.

I agree, I hated being Mona in MP2.

Ashbery76 said:
Yes, women should be in the kitchen or knitting or giving birth. And thinking about kittens and such-like so that their brains don't over-load. Heaven help us if they try and wear trousers. Clearly lesbians or witches.

Did the last century-and-a-bit of the rise of sexual equality just pass you by or something?

And exactly what difference would it make?

el Chi said:
Yes, women should be in the kitchen or knitting or giving birth. And thinking about kittens and such-like so that their brains don't over-load. Heaven help us if they try and wear trousers. Clearly lesbians or witches.

Did the last century-and-a-bit of the rise of sexual equality just pass you by or something?

Equality is an enforced media driven myth,biology doesn't change.

What are you talking about?
Out-and-out mysoginy, that's what. Perhaps women are, generally speaking, slightly less physically built or whatever than men, but I've known women who were strong (mind and body) and could probably take you the f*ck down in a fight.
Even excluding your sexism - which is your opinion (clearly deep-seeded and therefore stubbornly difficult to change) so free-speech empowerment to you, etc. - how would it possibly change gameplay? There was little difference in playing as Mona in MP2, so far as I could see, except for the character you were looking at. How would it change HL? Or would you expect to see a picking-up-the-kids-from-school level. Which, yes, would be sh*t.

alyx! she needs to die!!! too trite of a character for me -__-

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
you forgot father Gregori

LOL, after seeing the trailer and the speed of those Zombies I doubt Father G has a big part to play in events. He's toast tbh.

MindCrafter said:
The black guy always die, exept in that movie "deep blue sea". ;(

Well Samuel Jackson did die in that one... and he deserved to go after a speech like that. Never heard an audience cheer so much (for the monsters)after they chomped him at that point.

giller_ste said:
I think that female scientist will get killed, maybe she will risk her life to save alyx, and then gordon and alyx will then appear together in hl3

Agreed. She's genuine sacrificial lamb material isn't she? Might as well have 'shoot me here' written on her forehead after gushing over Gordon like that in Eli's lab. Wasshername? Mossman?

Can't see G-Man dying -- don't even think he knows how, or what 'death' is.

They've been talking about an Alyx Vance spin-off game? So that lets her off the hook. Probably Barney likewise.

So, besides Dr. Mossman that leaves Eli, Kleiner, and Father Grigori (and the usual multiple labcoats/vortigaunts).

What if everyone but Breen, Mossman and G-man dies? That'd be really depressing

Why must the black man always die first? (Note that Eli is most-voted).

Disclaimer: I'm not racist.

I hope father gregory dies first. I hate his look and his voice. He reminds me of dwarves from LOTRs.

How is it a spoiler? We ALL know... meaning no one doesn't know therefor theres nothing to spoil.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL DIE!!:

- Breen (we all know that he will be a boss, most likely in some sort of mech suit or super strider)
- Female Scientist (mossman?) (she will die when the combine storm your hide-out, she will be defending you as you and alyx escape)
- Kleiner right after he gives you the location of a Super-timewarping-snark-hivebomb
- oh and Eli will lose his other leg when his monitor falls off of the table :)

:hmph: It is pretty obvious Eli is going to die, driving Alyx to go further alongside with Gordon. So... in Half-Life 3 Alyx and Gordon are partners in G-Mans secret agency.

:hmph: But we all know this is just speculation.

HL1 proved that no many times the main characters die, they always come back. Kinda like Kenny from South Park.

OMG, You killed Barney!

el Chi said:

...their brains?

Women would probably turn out to be better assassins and warriors than men.
TODAY anyway, because heavy muscle mass (which is the only thing we men have going for us) isn't necessary anymore.

First of all, they're generally more clever (no I'm not female or anything, I'm basing this off scientific studies), and they're often more agile thanks to their physique.

Remember the assassins in HL? I hated those. They always ran up behind me and shot me in the head.

omni said:
And Event Horizon.

But in Deep Blue Sea and Event Horizon there were 2 black guys, 1 died in each.

IMO Eli will die because he's black, and 2 weeks away from retirement...

Six Three said:
THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL DIE!!:

- Breen (we all know that he will be a boss, most likely in some sort of mech suit or super strider)
- Female Scientist (mossman?) (she will die when the combine storm your hide-out, she will be defending you as you and alyx escape)
- Kleiner right after he gives you the location of a Super-timewarping-snark-hivebomb
- oh and Eli will lose his other leg when his monitor falls off of the table :)

Please god not a CEO-type in a suit! That's been done to death in video games, from Sonic onwards...

I suppose Alyx will die or something...
Otherwise it would be just too boring... I can already see it: Gordon and Alyx hand in hand, kill dr Breen because he killed Eli, and then they make love...
OMG that would be seriously dumb!

This isn't a love story, love is boring in games...

Back