Will you play halflife 2 as soon as you get home from the store with it?

Ofcourse i am going to play it, jesus what a question.

Heh nice thread to post in the HL2 forums where thousands of half life fans home..... yea cause i totally see people rather wanting to play doom than hl2 on these boards...

you know what? that would actually be one helluva hard choice to decide.... play d³ or hl² hmmmm idk.... whichever has the best MP for me :) even tho doom's is simple... it will be fun as hell (haha pun with game)

im gonna play it 12:01am the morning it's released cause i used my ati thing and so my steam account is all set up to receive it :D :D :D :D

I have already played doom before. I know what it's going to be like. HL2 actually has a story to it.

I'll play Half-Life 2 immediately after I get home, if not sooner...

Laptop in lap on the highway, anyone? ;)

SMT said:
I'll play Half-Life 2 immediately after I get home, if not sooner...

Laptop in lap on the highway, anyone? ;)

"a freak accident occored on route 76 as a young man was attempting to use his laptop on the freeway. witnesses say he was beleived to have been playing Half-life 2, as he was wanting to beat his fellow forum members to play the game. while playing he swerved into oncoming traffic causing a huge 132 car pile up. Sadly the driver died shortly after paramedics reached the scene but he was quoted saying "i beat you all, n3wbs!" these were his final words...."

yep i can see the news reports rolling in.

edit: 1337 posts!!! i si teh h4xx0r

You know... that's actually not a bad idea! I could install it on the way home! OH YEAH! :D

I'm a manual freak myself. I need to read the manual before I play H-L 2, before I play ANY game ! Whilst some people like to find stuff out on their own, I like to know excactly what conditions I'm playing with so I won't miss any important stuff, or take any unnecessary detours to achieve stuff etc.

But God knows I'll be flying through that H-L 2 manual like a bullet through a muzzle !

I may read the manual when I get home, look at all the stuff (aside from any 'Give us your address and we'll letter-bomb you, er... i mean send you magazines!; things).

But, in terms of waiting a few hours doing non-HL2 related tasks, of course not. Hell, even opening the tape might be turned into some sort of ritual for me.

I expect a shining beam of light to emit from the box when I open it, and doves to fly out!

EC said:
Hell, even opening the tape might be turned into some sort of ritual for me.

I expect a shining beam of light to emit from the box when I open it, and doves to fly out!

LMAO!!.. i feel the same..

i m gonna read every tinne tiny word that comes around and with in the box. then i will install then i will be all orgazmic and stuff and suddenly there is a booooom ..

So acme, you say that it would be worth it to give up all other games to be able to play HL2, yet you say that you will wait a few weeks to play the game? AND you frequent a fansite devoted to the game. It seems you are fishing for controversy to me...

Anyway, I'll stay up all night defragging and clearing space, not being able to sleep, and will wait outside the shop until it opens, throw my reservation card at the cashier, along with a wad of money, then speed home and install the game as quickly as possible :D

I suspect these forums will be quite empty after the immediate release of the game...except for topics like, "OMGHL2OWNZw00t1337!!!1?!?!?!1@3" :p

Frosty207 said:
So acme, you say that it would be worth it to give up all other games to be able to play HL2

i dont recall saying that, can you point it out to me where i said that?

I apologize acme, I mistook you for Crusader, who earlier in the thread said he would give up all other games to be able to play HL2 and its sequels. So many posts, I mixed you guys up :rolling: Again, I apologize. But I am still amazed at the fact that you seem to take such an interest in HL2, but say that you would wait weeks to play it, while most of us are using ridiculous methods to try to guess the release date :p

EC said:

We've been thinking about what to put in the collector's edition box... This is the best idea I've heard so far.

Nice to see more Valve staff members posting :cheers:

Frosty207 said:
Nice to see more Valve staff members posting :cheers:
We'll see. Chris_D is checking if its real or not. We often get people pretending to be from Valve, so we have to check each one now :\

Lol... imagine the CE having a lightsensor that when it's opened (light gets inside), it turns on an extremely bright light ^_^ (wich would only last for about 5 mins, cuz extremely bright lights tend to eat batteries :p)

Fenric said:
We'll see. Chris_D is checking if its real or not. We often get people pretending to be from Valve, so we have to check each one now :\
I didn't see that "Valve Staff Member" tag in orange, so I wasn't sure... Figured I would treat him like a Valve member until he is verified/dicredited. Seems like a good guy though, hopefully he is who he says he is.

Frosty207 said:
I didn't see that "Valve Staff Member" tag in orange, so I wasn't sure... Figured I would treat him like a Valve member until he is verified/dicredited. Seems like a good guy though, hopefully he is who he says he is.
Ok its been confirmed, it is him.

I would hate to see how many private messages he has just got :|

/me sends private message :p

wow, nice to see Valve people perusing the site!

On the idea of giving up all games for HL2, i can see it happening quite easily for me, i gave up all games for the original HL (and its add-ons), i didn't play any new ones for years, and when i did it was always to complete them in a couple of days and then go back to HL.

I did'nt scare Gabe that much :p I think he has emotionaly recoverd from me erm.... best not go into that :D

Closing the shades, pumping up the sound volume, turning off instant msg programs. Installing game..while game installs making a big pot of coffie and grabbing some snacks...finish installing game...8 hours latter sending out for pizza..back to game.. lets not forget grinning from ear to ear.

I think the first thing I'll do is make a map with as much as I can stuff in there, just to see what the REAL limits are, since I've had no joy trying to get an answer on that score *looks at any Valve employee's who happen to be around right now* :E

I'll probably pick it up on my way home from school, if it's released after august 11th. Otherwise i'll run down on the day it's supposed to be released and camp outside the store untill it opens, then run home to my already started computer with my DVD drive already open.

On my way home i'll open the box, so that when I get home and run down the stairs I already have the CD in my hands. I'll pop it into the DVD drive and install, and play untill I drop.

Anyone getting that tingly feeling? (and then realising its ONLY A GAME!!) Hmmph.

its not Just a game, it defines a generation of gamers! :)
Like, The Sims isnt just a game... it defines who'se a loser!

oldagerocker said:
its not Just a game, it defines a generation of gamers! :)
Like, The Sims isnt just a game... it defines who'se a loser!
/me makes a oldagerocker character in the Sims and let him starve

thats for picking on the sims :p

Fenric said:
/me makes a oldagerocker character in the Sims and let him starve

thats for picking on the sims :p

cause that's the only fun there there is to do in that game anyways

lolz... alright, it WAS funny when they wee'd on the floor, but the rest of the game is just tedious and dull... thats just my opinion though, feel free to counter it with genious concerning The Sims and put me in my place :D

oldagerocker said:
but the rest of the game is just tedious and dull...

this is starting to get off topic but i totally agree.

i admit i bought that game, and it was a huge waste in my opinion.

all i see that game as is an excuse for people to not have to play with their little sisters dolls anymore

I'll buy half-life two, leg it back home, install it on my computer, and then realise that my computer is too ****ing shit to run the damn thing. Then I'll cry for a few hours, contemplate suicide, decide that's going a bit too far, then go to the nearest liquor store, beat the tender to death and steal all the money. Then I'll realise I might as well just rob the nearest Dixons (UK) to get a new comp, do that, go back home, install half-life 2 on it, play it all the way through in one sitting, then await the police.

Sounds like a plan.

Back