WoW Stress test ..who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-=jt=- said:
potions suck... the cooldown rate is far too long to be that usefull. and food? if you have time to eat the food then the battles already over.

if anyone needs help on a quest around the forest send a tell to "remllac", ill sort ya
Potions? You use one to heal you and it is instant...simple as that and you will never need more than 1 during a fight. Food helps cut the down time way down, the most you will rest for without food is 20 seconds, with food is 5-10 seconds.

Damnit.

I just started looking into this game and was reading everything on the site for like almost 2 hours. Than i releasized that its going to cost a monthly fee to pay. Which really sucks cause i dont wanna play it if the price is over 10 bucks a month, but they havent said how much it will cost though. This game does look amazing so maybe ill break down and pay up.....i just can see myself not getting into this game and having a blast with it.

Any one see what the minium specs required to play are? i cant find an answer on the forums....

Deadline said:
http://www.blizzard.com/wow/faq/faq_tech.shtml

thats all they got, and i can assure you it will be around 13 bucks a month, no less.

And if u cant put out that much then you dont deserve to play... think bout how fast you use 10 on a weekly basis, let alone a month. get a job :p
Ive got 2 jobs.

I just dont really like paying for a game monthly it feels like being ripped off......but then i think about it and i realize how much money i rake in a month...about 300 (im only 15).

EDIT: do you know when this game is being released?

B.Calhoun said:
Ive got 2 jobs.

I just dont really like paying for a game monthly it feels like being ripped off......but then i think about it and i realize how much money i rake in a month...about 300 (im only 15).

EDIT: do you know when this game is being released?
It won't be released for a while, still has to go through open beta after they work out all the bugs from the stress test.

Sometime before christmas they say....

and 10 really isnt much, If you go to the movies you spend about 5-8 dollars depending on the time you go. Thats only for 2-3 hours of entertainment...

13 bucks a month gets you unlimited entertainment. Think about it that way.

Hmm i c. So we are talking like 2005? or sooner?

also i found the requirements (d'oh)

Windows® System/OS:

* 800 Mhz or higher CPU.
* 256 Megabytes or more of RAM.
* Geforce 2 Graphics Card or better.
* 3 Gigabytes or more of available hard drive space.
* DirectX® 9.0 or above.

EDIT: Im getting jittery from reading about this game...i love it when im like this. Its just like when i first heard about HL2.

I liked FFXI alot, and i can see this game is going to be 100000 times better. :bounce: :bounce:

Before, so they say. And from the look of things, it seems about right.

They need to add spears and Hand Weapons, new skills for the Hunters Pet and thats about it as far as i know. but yea, the gameplay and stuff seems pretty polished. Blizz did a great job.

I would give this game a 8/10 but then again, time will tell how playable it stays.

Is anyone here in the EQ2 beta? If you don't want to post in this thread just PM me...I want to know what the game is like and how it compares to WoW, mainly group dynamics.

Foxtrot said:
Is anyone here in the EQ2 beta? If you don't want to post in this thread just PM me...I want to know what the game is like and how it compares to WoW, mainly group dynamics.

I wanted to get in :(

Cool. Hey should i start up a "Post ur future race and class for WoW" thread? cause i wanna see what evryone is interested in and start it fresh, not cluttered like this thread.

I'm loving it. Like most decent MMORPGS, the immersion factor is all there. It's a combination of the best of all the other MMO games out there - a hybrid of excellence. Plus you get to use big ****off weapons ;)

Abom said:
I'm loving it. Like most decent MMORPGS, the immersion factor is all there. It's a combination of the best of all the other MMO games out there - a hybrid of excellence. Plus you get to use big ****off weapons ;)
Nothing really new is in this game but the immersion factor is awsome, and the quests...fun and immersive. The quests really guide you though the game, tell you where to go next for more quests and take you to new places suited for your level. I think it is really cool seeing building from Warcraft 3 in this game, like burrows.

Servers are down again, eh? :( Efff... they must be back up soon... must...

Anyway, Dedalus's rogue rocks. :cheers:

Hey guys. I finally got around and started WoW. I'm a Nightelf Rouge and my name is Wasabi. Come and help me because I'm confused. I'm on that same server all y'all are on.

DarkStar said:
Hey guys. I finally got around and started WoW. I'm a Nightelf Rouge and my name is Wasabi. Come and help me because I'm confused. I'm on that same server all y'all are on.
When it's back up, I'll be THAR, man!

Deadline said:
Letters is hot!!! Fo' Shizzle lol

Bah. His (her ;)) portrait looks like a Dryad!

nw909 said:
That countdown was wicked fun

It was more than wicked fun, it was INSANELY wicked fun!

uh. i just got the beta and my cd-key but when i installed it didnt ask for cd-key. plus when i go onto world of warcraft shortcut, it asks for username and password, i dont got one

Abom said:

questing with abom is fun- paladin + fighter = pr0

definately getting this game tbh :p

im almost level 15, and i spent 40 silver on a cat. you may think thats a rip off, but my maisie could take on a level 20 imp. and who says warlocks were cool :hmph:

if anyone can use double handed weapons message me- i can make:

two handed mace (8 damage p/ second)
two handed axe (7 damage p/ second)
chainmail chest armour (65 armour, +1 strength)
chainmail pants (74 armour, +1 strength and stamina)

and much more :p

I don't think I will be buying this game, it is lots of fun but it just isn't my kind of game. The weapons and armor all look way too much alike, grouping sucks, PvP isn't too much fun...but haven't dont enough to get a good opinion on it and there could be more classes...

:thumbs: I don't like these type of games that much... but I am willing to play them in BETA.

Level 5 undead warlock, I suck...

I know one thing that is certain! And that is that im gonna buy this game when it comes to europe :D damn its sweet :p

Im only a lvl 12 NE Hunter :) but wow what a great game

Foxtrot said:
I don't think I will be buying this game, it is lots of fun but it just isn't my kind of game. The weapons and armor all look way too much alike, grouping sucks, PvP isn't too much fun...but haven't dont enough to get a good opinion on it and there could be more classes...

youve obviously not played many MMORPGs :p

(or RPGs for that matter)

:O Did you guys get logged out? I can't go in the game.

Suicide42 said:
youve obviously not played many MMORPGs :p

(or RPGs for that matter)
I have played Everquest, Asherons Call, AC2, DAOC, AO, WW2O(...not an RPG but oh well), Planetside, Guild Wars, Shadowbane, Neocron...some really crappy one I can't remember the name of, FFXI. I would list all the RPGs...but that would be too many, I dont even think I know all the RPGs I have played.

One more complaint, if you want to do quests the game is pretty much linear...

you can do quests in any order you like. does having the objectives clear offend you?
btw i still think healers are nessary.
/me just got owned in tunnel with dedalus and is taking it out on foxtrot
:cheers:

Im in! And I must say its the best MMORPG Ive ever played...though i havnt played many.

LvL 9 Night elf Rougue- OrcSlayer513

;) Same here, this one's pretty neat... probably because this is the first MMORPG I actually took seriously.

I am level 8 Undead Warlock-HomeLoC

-=jt=- said:
you can do quests in any order you like. does having the objectives clear offend you?
btw i still think healers are nessary.
/me just got owned in tunnel with dedalus and is taking it out on foxtrot
:cheers:
Not the series of quests, 1 person gives out a bunch of quests and you can't do the ones they lead up to without doing the ones before them.

PvP is awesome, me and a bunch of other guys were fighting a literal army of Orcs, Taurens, trolls, and undead... and at like 3 to 1 we still kicked ass.. thought we died alot too :D... anyhow We need to get on a PvP server when this goes live, thats the only way I see this game keeping my interest past "end game"

Deadline said:
PvP is awesome, me and a bunch of other guys were fighting a literal army of Orcs, Taurens, trolls, and undead... and at like 3 to 1 we still kicked ass.. thought we died alot too :D... anyhow We need to get on a PvP server when this goes live, thats the only way I see this game keeping my interest past "end game"
I was owning a bunch of pussy nelfs and humans who kept attacking ratchet, and then they would just run away. I never died and killed about 6 of them.

So far, I'm really liking WoW. Very simple to pick up. This beta is much less buggy than the current verison of SWG too, which is nice.

Foxtrot said:
Not the series of quests, 1 person gives out a bunch of quests and you can't do the ones they lead up to without doing the ones before them.

at sentinel hill? yeah, i think i agree with you about that guy :D
if anyone has any leather ill buy a stack for 3s.

Right, how the funk did you EU smeggers get into the stress test? Hmmm? I'd like to play but AFAIK it's only open to north american peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back