Some new screenshots

Sai said:
alright this really sucks, a thread started by a valve imployee has flaming going on, i mean greg is a really kind person to post this stuff for us, let's just ignore the instigator completely and stop quoting him and just patiently wait for a moderator to ban him, either way he'll stop bothering us
yes that was nice of him but why send pics when you can release the game? :cheers:

guinny said:
good, dont buy it, one less noob in multiplayer.

that actually made me laugh :)

i just came back from a lan btw and there was a guy with the same specs as you (only his case was coolermaster centurion 5 and cpu was fx55) and he ran doom3 at 1280 ultra high with aa and af flawlessly... it brought a tear to my eye :<.

hes a hardware tester for amd and creative btw so he got the cpu for free.. and he won the ram in a ut2k4 tourny... the lucky ****er

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
yes that was nice of him but why send pics when you can release the game? :cheers:

please....do not quote me, do not acknowledge me as one of your affiliates, please do sign off, you are the worst of the worst on these forums, you diliberately posted beta shots in a thread started by a valve imployee, and what's worse is your instigating and starting fights just to get your post count up.......you are the cause of the negativity that has been pervading this forum

Every day Valve spends on bug-testing and play-testing, the better the game for us ... :)

what sai said....cuz im allowed to acknoledge him as one of my affiliates.

Oh wow!

These are really great! Thanks Greg!

Some things to notice:
(a) very cool, metallic sheen of the HEV suit gloves
(b) antlions have different heads (unless it's a bug and you can see another antion's tooth poking out)
(c) what are these structures to the left and the right of the guy in the second picture?
(d) the landscapes look pretty barren. Maybe it's a level-of-detail issue, and can be adjusted, but perhaps there's a lot more grass growing somewhere? Or maybe vALVE wants to give the impresssion of a barren wasteland...

Stan R.

i remember when everyone used to hate me on these forums. but now with the alliance of sai, my powers are unstoppable.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
sorry guys im out see you guys later

:cheers:

we'll miss you....no...really...we will.....i swear. :dozey:

Here is a secret guys, you know how you stop trolls? By ignoring them, yeah it helps sometimes, so start doing it.

Hopefully not ......
Now, lets get back to kissing Greg's backside to see if we can get any more screenies out of him, okay ? :p

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:

[SARCASM]no wait, dont go.

you contribute so much, i dont know what we would do without you.[/SARCASM]

Greg, on behalf of everyone here, we request one (1) screenshot of Alyx in the nude.

Thank you! Please note, this was a joke. FORGIVE ME IF YOU TOOK IT SERIOUSLY! lol

Mr.Reak said:
Here is a secret guys, you know how you stop trolls? By ignoring them, yeah it helps sometimes, so start doing it.

What is this common sense you speak of? It must be rubbish.

Have I mentioned how nice the screenshots are? :D

im not a troll well maybe... ahhh.. ok sometimes im sorry if i made you guys mad im just mad they keep on sending us these cool shots while they sit around playing the darn game... ahhh mmmm realease the ggggaaaaammmmeeee

Another thing I like about the screenshot is the choice of colors. Very vibrant and engrossing!

Stan R.

blahblahblah said:
What is this common sense you speak of? It must be rubbish.

Have I mentioned how nice the screenshots are? :D

You compliment those screenshots more than you do me now! What happened to our relationship, blah!? ;(

..weird mood, don't mind me :D But yes, nice screens indeed.

Sheesh nobody quote the n00b anymore or even tell him to stfu and leave him be and make him go in his own little cardboard box.

Those screenshots are really cool looking :D

1280x720 resolution too :) interesting :D :D

BTW the poor antlion has fleas and is scratching inside his head in the first pic lol it looks pretty comical in a good way :D The one on the front right.

Thanks Greg for posting these! I'm glad devs are actually cool enough to talk in forums unlike other companies ;)

Nah x800XT for me.

Just looking at those pics again....wow! Atmosphere arama.

Shuzer said:
Greg, on behalf of everyone here, we request one (1) screenshot of Alyx in the nude.

Thank you!

Bout time someone asked

you rock shuzer :D

guinny said:
i remember when everyone used to hate me on these forums. but now with the alliance of sai, my powers are unstoppable.

LMAO!

:D

Shuzer said:

Thank you! Please note, this was a joke. FORGIVE ME IF YOU TOOK IT SERIOUSLY! lol
LOL hahahahah LOL i needed that thanks

Shuzer said:
You compliment those screenshots more than you do me now! What happened to our relationship, blah!? ;(

..weird mood, don't mind me :D But yes, nice screens indeed.

Shuzer, you're so hawt.

Okay, now I feel dirty. :X

I hope they take their time with the game to be honest.... Less bugs and so all of this time spent waiting would be put to a bug-free experience :D

That magnum feels...real. As if I am holding it in my hand. Hooray for the Magic Magnum!

Stan R.

is the fsaa on 16x? is af on? i dont think AF is on that high. textures look iffy.

but still its complete ownage. Is hdr on?

that last pic, with the sun, perfectly casting light on the beautiful landscape and water. and some action with a shiny helicopter shooting @ gordon as the bullets kick up water....christ im in heaven

P43.2/1Gig/X800P: if you just want really amazing graphics get Farcry. You will be getting one of the borest things I ever played.

I hate to have to do stupid comments, but in the second screenshot I can't see how the fire shot of the NPC lights a little surrounding radio where the NPC is, like we've seen in some CS:S screenshots (latests from gamespot?). Also the buildings look less detailed than in the E3 2003 videos, but I think it's normal because these buildings are far away from the player point of view, while the ones in the E32k3 vids are in the same street that you are running. In the third screenshots seems to have a lot less grass than some vids that I can remember. Also I´d like screenshots with AF enabled. Everythink else looks AWESOME.

Back