Some new screenshots

To further the discussion.. anyone want to take a stab as to who the person fighting alongside Gordon is in the second shot?

It doesn't appear to be a generic NPC resistance fighter.. nor Alyx. Hmmm, MYSTERY!

Attachments

• ally.jpg
    ally.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 540
Thanks, I've needed a new background for some time! :cheers:

stanr said:
That magnum feels...real. As if I am holding it in my hand. Hooray for the Magic Magnum!

Stan R.

you're talking about a firearm right? :D

Sai said:
alright, greg with his own free time and his own unbelievable kindness posts new hl2 screenshots and all you can do is post beta shots in the same thread started by a valve imployee and insitgate on brand new screenshots?

....please stop.....
I agree. Forget about forum rules and whatnot. That's just extremely disrespectful and shows very poor character on his part.

Thanks so much for the screens Greg! Good luck with finishing the game! We're all rootin' for ya. :cheers:

after starting doom3 i thought it may just make hl2 have a run for its money, after beating doom3 i thought a bit differently, after seeing these screenshots my original opinions were totally erased, those screenshots are what i needed to make me a totally mindless devoided hl2 fanboy....thank you greg!!!!

allys leg is a little big, that can't be alyx. maybe its alyx's obese sister

hey guys, i think it's just mossman with a hat!

Wow, that's the best looking revolver I've ever seen in a video game.

guinny said:
that last pic, with the sun, perfectly casting light on the beautiful landscape and water. and some action with a shiny helicopter shooting @ gordon as the bullets kick up water....christ im in heaven

is it just me or is this not complete ? still an awsome pic though

Attachments

• HL2-airboat2.jpg
    HL2-airboat2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 435
Good catch P4, maybe there's hope for you yet :) Maybe those structures which can be destroyed or can move do not show up in the water?

Stan R.

Yep. Off to Doom 3 for me.. I want to beat it.. must.. finish!
(edit: er.. in agreeance to blah's post below mine..)

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
is it just me or is this not complete ? still an awsome pic though

Awesome. I need to leave this thread before I am exposed to more nitpicking and screenshot flaws. I like the screenshots too much. :(

This is just sooooo so so so so so so bad-ass. Fighting a strider at night? Avoiding a helicopter at sunset.....by the water?!

Oh God, this is just too much. I bow to thee, VALVe.

ive been taking art school for more than five years now and that stood out like sore thumb. yes im a landscape artist

Shuz, I think he's referring to the wooden pier, the helicopter itself and the metal tower. THe latter two can just be too far away, but the heli and the pier should really show up.

Stan R.

stanr said:
Shuz, I think he's referring to the wooden pier, the helicopter itself and the metal tower. THe latter two can just be too far away, but the heli and the pier should really show up.

Stan R.

Yeah, I edited my post when I realized.. my bad :eek:

genocide604 said:
I bow to no man, except skeletor.
VALVe is not a man. Nor is Skeletor. Much bowing shall ensue.

Doom 3 looks good for what it is, but this is reality. Well, with aliens and whatnot.

Dawn looks absolutely nothing like Alyx. Other than her being a female.

Some of you guys make me dizzy...

Attachments

• nitpicker.jpg
    nitpicker.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 442
Thanks for the screens Greg, did you just boot up HL2 and take those pics?
Pure awesomeness.

Need. This. Game. Nowwwww.

Ahh the good old, "Twelve page in two hours" thread. Haven't had one of these in a while :D

Thanks a lot once again Greg, it's looking better than ever.

Dont know if you already said this but.... the g-man is watching us! (source code)

A bird is also watching...

Thanks Greg! They look excellent!
Just take a look at how many people you've made happy with these shots! And just think about how many people will be smiling on release day, a nice chunk of the world's population!!

I bet it's fun to see how many replies you get to a post like that hehe

There's actually quite a bit more than he mentioned that is missing from the reflection. I'm not trying to nitpick... it just made me think:

How does the Source engine decide what objects should be reflected?

NOTE: The missing tower in the center is hard to notice in my edit because the picture has been JPEG compressed 3 or more times... but I looked back at the original shot posted by Greg to confirm.

EDIT: I still love the shots...

Attachments

• HL2-airboat3.jpg
    HL2-airboat3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 441
/me loves the hovercraft more than anything else!

I MUST DRIVE IT! :D

OCybrManO said:
There's actually quite a bit more than he mentioned that is missing from the reflection. I'm not trying to nitpick... it just made me think:

How does the Source engine decide what objects should be reflected?

NOTE: The missing tower in the center is hard to notice in my edit because the picture has been JPEG compressed 3 or more times... but I looked back at the original shot posted by Greg to confirm.

EDIT: I still love the shots...

Could be like FarCry. Ultra high water settings reflect everything, I'd imagine.

Back