Some new screenshots

Nice screenies! Good thing he didn`t show us any new locations.. Have seen enough allready ;) These are obviously from the locations showed in the e32k4 vidz, but with in-game quality :D Anyone up for antlion legs? :burp:

Thanks a lot for the pics and they look great and cannot wait :bounce: , really nice of you.

OCybrManO said:
There's actually quite a bit more than he mentioned that is missing from the reflection. I'm not trying to nitpick... it just made me think:

How does the Source engine decide what objects should be reflected?

NOTE: The missing tower in the center is hard to notice in my edit because the picture has been JPEG compressed 3 or more times... but I looked back at the original shot posted by Greg to confirm.

EDIT: I still love the shots...
its possible that they couldnt have every detail in there or else it would take up to much memory but for those who have 1 or 2 gigs of ram will see lots of bells and whistles :bounce:

I just have to say that last one of Alex shooting at the strider is BADASS.

DarkStar said:
I just have to say that last one of Alex shooting at the strider is BADASS.
You mean Alyx right? I don't think that is even her to begin with. Looks like a totally different outfit.

Dark Auro said:
You mean Alyx right? I don't think that is even her to begin with. Looks like a totally different outfit.

Yes, you're right...Alyx. And yes, upon closer examination that is not her.

Could be her, we've seen her in two different outfits so far at least

Sai said:
greg first of all, your are the definition of god here, and can you give us the specs on which those shots were taken?

and i swear, everytime there's an updated screenshot of the antlions they seem to have a different coat of paint :eek:

Lol yea i noticed that too , culd be different types of antlions

I just resized the hovercraft shot to fit my desktop and noticed that you can just about see the corner of the skybox, just to the right of the two rock pillars.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
look closely at the top pic its not that great real choppy

I think that has more to due with it being a low quality jpeg.

Awsome, so this is the final build of hl2 ? its awsome. :)

thanks Greg Dude

Bah i want Greg to make a short 1 or 2 minute movie of that Screen with the Antlions near the ship thing.

*Hint Hint Greg* Make us a short Movie of that scene *Hint Hint*

jpr6130 said:
I think that has more to due with it being a low quality jpeg.

heh, if that's low quality, I don't think any human eyes are worthy of a regular shot

While I agree that the new screenshots look great, I am still waiting a screenshot of an Antlion with a saddle on its back. That would amuse me greatly for some reason.

i want to see certain specific things

quiet frankly screenies are cool but at this point.. its getting rather
tiresome of hearing about delays and delays..

cs:s is gonna bring HL 2 down.

LOL Beast, Anlion with a saddle.

I actually found the cool ASCII pics in the source alot more interesting than the screens themselves.

graphics will look even better with anisotropic filtering switched on :p

why isn't the chopper reflected in the water? or the rock pillars?

WOW!

and I just played Doom 3.

The people on about reflections - the game is either detected to low reflection setting on water - or most probably I'm guessing the reflections will draw as you move forward. None the less, the screenies are amazing - brilliant attention to detail. I'm sure, if valve has retained the same gameplay we had expected - then this game is going to own!

these screenshots are clearly a distraction from the fact that valve have delayed the source beta from today.

pretty distraction tho.

So on that "Airboat" screeny we see our intrepid hero armed with a submachine gun with 225 rounds, and an airboat versus what looks like a Hind gunship. Seems like a bad day for Mr. Freeman, hehe.

Come to think of it, the antlion screeny looked very unpleasant also. Freeman must have some kickin' insurance!

Just as i thought.....clipping errors with the antlions.(look at the 1 on the front getting a leg through his head).

Hmmmm...think about lowering the magnet on the crane, then have a combine hid behind it, then hot an rpg at the magnet to make it swing and cruch the combine :p

Beast206 said:
Good! That'll save me at LEAST 4 rounds of ammunition. Looks like I'll need it.
haha,lol :LOL:

KingPing_NOR said:
Just as i thought.....clipping errors with the antlions.(look at the 1 on the front getting a leg through his head).

Good! That'll save me at LEAST 4 rounds of ammunition. Looks like I'll need it.

The screenshots are great!

About the reflection in the third pic , don't forget that when Eat Fresh visited Valve and was shown a level , he asked the guy who was playing why the trees don't reflect on the water , so the Valve guy brought down the console and wrote a command that enabled the reflections.

The same situation is very likely in this screenshots , they just disabled it for some reason.

WOw! nice greg! Thanks alot!

I have one thing to say.

THE SECOND TEST!!!!!!!11two

the grass in the first pick is sorta cruddy looking, otherwise everything is good

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those screenshots look orgasmic!!!!

Go Valve!!

Edit: Wait a minute.... if the ppl at valve are still awake....are they.....CS:S????

MAybe that strider pic is form some sort of HL² MP ? *ducks*

really impressive screen, thanks alot greg :)

lazicsavo said:
*Crying like a girl at my desk*

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you,Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you,Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Quoted for emphasis and for further emphasis;
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,

Thanks for the images Greg, they look awesome - still looking forward to Half-Life 2!

:eek: I love you, Greg. They are beautiful. Thankyouthankyouthankyou! :E

/me worships Greg Coomer

I love the new antlions. That is all.

THANK YOU =D

Back