100 Things Aftermath needs-

Status
Not open for further replies.
117) Battles with new SYNTH creatures
118) Horny Alyx
119) Alien weapons

120) Sorting the firecones of the SMG and the Pulse Rifle so you don't aim like a retard with stumps for hands

121) To reveal the GMan's true identity:
Scab-bab-bab-bo-bibbly-bibbly-bibibilly-bilbilbilybily-ba-be-be-bop... I'M THE SCATMAN!

122) Lawyers
123) Mossman
124) Proof that the Combine never knew about Xen before the events of HL2.
125) Biozeminades

-Angry Lawyer

126 - Briefer load times
127 - A friendlier experience with Steam in getting it up and running for the first time.
128 - More alien and/or original weapons.
129 - A slightly wider variety of locations, if possible.
130 - A few out of many of the things that were missed out from HL2 and documented in Raising the Bar, e.g. Stalkers, The Air Exchange Plant.
131 - More character interaction.
132 - Fewer vehicle-centred sections.

134. More new areas of sweden, (sence it takes place there "patrol station" )

135. Snow

136. A huge big battle with SCRIPTED SCENSE. We do NOT want to see people just standing there dying. We want them to cry, run, scream, take cover....

137) Enemy model variation
138) More physics objects that can kill enemies.
139) More exploding barrel skins!
140) Death to the leeches!

141)Bullet time, because everyone LOVES bullet time.
142)A dead Alyx
143)Another train ride in the begining YAY!!

144) Legolas, Neo, Gordon, Barney and Shepard fight in the collosseum.

145.) Co-op
146.) A scene were a Gargantua ripping a Strider to pieces
147.) Barney getting raped by a headcrab

149) G-Man is in love with Barney! How will it continue...

MarcoPollo said:
148)A dead Alyx. Serioulsy I hate her sooo much.
yeah, mossman's hotter, and she has the whole, older woman of science thing going for her, and who doesn;t like that?

Icarusintel said:
yeah, mossman's hotter, and she has the whole, older woman of science thing going for her, and who doesn;t like that?

And she doesn't make you lose the game if she dies.

150: More disaster seens (a la the scene from OP4 when ur in a room and the radioactive sludge is rising and there is no way out.) Maybe you could be flying a helicopter with barney and a combine gunship could shoot you down.................you could make up the rest.........

Alyx in the shower. or at least Alyx in a Bikini

Mossman explaining the whole Combine-Xen unrelated thing topless.

-Angry Lawyer

Mossman explaining the whole combine-xen related thing topless, then be shoot by Alyx in a bikini because she hates people who can't decide...

mossman and alyx making out... then having sex
edit: and they would need a fap button

I guess ill vote for the Immolator

Scab-bab-bab-bo-bibbly-bibbly-bibibilly-bilbilbilybily-ba-be-be-bop... I'M THE SCATMAN!
Whos the scatman? Im the scatman

All im asking for is a long game, as long as Half Life was. HL2 took about two days to go through ;/

Longer view distance (3D skyboxes do not apply)

Stitching levels together like in TES: MW and Oblivion

Jandor said:
Whos the scatman? Im the scatman
I think i'm on to something with the whole
GMAN = Scatman thing personally. See:

"Everybody Stutters one way or the other so check out message to you
as a matter of fact, there ain't nothing to hold you back
if the Scatman can do it - so can you!

Everybody says that the Scatman stutters but he doesn't ever stutter when he sings.
Well what you don't know I'm gonna tell you right now:
That the stutter and the Scat are the same for you, I'm the Scatman!"

Kupoartist said:
"Everybody Stutters one way or the other so check out my message to you
as a matter of fact, there ain't nothing to hold you back
if the G-Man can do it - so can you!

Everybody says that the G-Man stutters but he doesn't ever stutter when he sings.
Well what you don't know I'm gonna tell you right now:
That the stutter and the Scat are the same for you, I'm the G-man!"

I once was blind but now I see :)

What are we up to?

155) Making me care that rebels are dying left right and centre. Revenge AI. More battle cries.

156) More EMOTIONAL music.

157) More CLASSICAL music. Prefereably by Bond (guess what band/strings quartet + backups i like?)

161) more time in one area to really get the feel of it (like HL1) instead of too much jumping around.
162) more natural feeling time (HL2 was 3 playable days in 20 hrs). Maybe only one day with 10 hours (don't make the sun set so quickly).
163) more time with characters and more lines to react to player actions (like pushing down Kleiner's monitor in the old vids)
164) more exploration

Styloid said:
161) more time in one area to really get the feel of it (like HL1) instead of too much jumping around.
162) more natural feeling time (HL2 was 3 playable days in 20 hrs). Maybe only one day with 10 hours (don't make the sun set so quickly).
163) more time with characters and more lines to react to player actions (like pushing down Kleiner's monitor in the old vids)
161) In a way I know what you mean, but then I thought the variation was a good thing - it meant that the different areas had some good variety and could generally by easily recognisible.

162) Meh, so what. The bits at night were very atmospheric - Nova Prospekt wouldn't have been half as good during the day, nor would Ravenholm. And the third day is sort of allowable because it was about a week later. Besides, HL1 had a similarly questionable time-frame.

I almost hope Valve DO put in a naked Alyx - maybe then people'll shut up and get on with "polluting themselves".

165) A high detail Gargantua!

166) Keeping the music playin longer than 20seconds...just when it gets going the cut it off

167) No stuttering
168) No memory errors
169) No updates reducing framerates to 10
170) Another sweet crane and a longer time to use it to smack people and pick up stuff

82. headcrabbed gorilla (no real reason why, gordon can visit a shelled zoo i guess)

haha that would be so good. Imagine a whole broken down, head-crabbed zoo! How about a whole elephant covered in poison headcrabs as the boss?

el Chi said:
161) In a way I know what you mean, but then I thought the variation was a good thing - it meant that the different areas had some good variety and could generally by easily recognisible.

162) Meh, so what. The bits at night were very atmospheric - Nova Prospekt wouldn't have been half as good during the day, nor would Ravenholm. And the third day is sort of allowable because it was about a week later. Besides, HL1 had a similarly questionable time-frame.

Yeah I know what you're saying on both accounts, but I was more thinking that HL2 forgot some of the things that made HL1 good. I think Valve wanted to keep 'simple' gameplay to a minimum-- you walk in a room, there's a bullsquid and you shoot it. This kind of gameplay, to me, worked well in HL1 (that kept it fresh and interesting) because

1. it slowed down the pace of the game when needed 2. badguys weren't very challenging, you focused more on the environment and atmosphere (devs themselves can focus on environment instead of combat) 3. finding badguys (mainly aliens and zombies) wandering around added to the atmosphere (especially if they were doing some scripted event) 4. it is a positive way to make the game last longer 5. it covers #161 and #162 on my list-- more time in one place (doesn't have to mean less variety), time can move slower (time of day in each area remains the same, just more time in each area-- I just think that it's important for the player to *feel* like the time is real).

I definitely think HL2's non-stop action pace was fun but it would have been nice to see it mixed with what was established in HL1. Of course this might be unrealistic since it is a huge demand from the developers to pack in so much content. Also, simple gameplay might be getting phased out in favour of more complicated styles (non-linear, stealth, vehicles, squads, etc).

171) More explanation on what Lamda, blue shift, teliportation, and other science stuff in the game, really have to do with the game itself. I can figure out most of what it means but it doesnt really tell you that much. Its like having a game based on airplanes, but you never get to fly an airplane in the game. Get what I mean?

172) Explain a little more about G-man, Combine, etc but without revieling too much. Also, making you want a little more explanation, but not too much.

Think about it, if HL2:AM told about all the secrets and and answered all the questions, then what would be the use of another game? Also, you wouldnt have anything to look forward to really. I find all the mysteries of HL/HL2 really interesting and its fun trying to find out more about them.

174) A trust system. This ties in with the whole friendly fire idea, except with consequences. Say you have one resistance ally with you and you kill them, no-one's really going to know, so you can pretty much do that with no repercussions. Two or more however, and one will try and radio for help or just to let people know "Freeman's gone crazy!" or something. Unless you can kill them before they get a chance, or make it look like an accident or like Combine fire (although that would be far harder to implement). If people get warned once, then the resistance fighters trust you far less and are less likely to follow your commands. Twice and they're likely to actively attack you in order to defend themselves, although if there are Combine troops around, they'll attack them first. If you fight WITH them against Combine in those situations (or maybe kill enough troops that it seems less likely you're againt the resistance) you regain people's trust. If you get to three, or attack a main character, not even Alyx or Barney will trust you: Game over, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back