100 Things Aftermath needs-

Status
Not open for further replies.
175) A command to make your NPC squad STAY at an area! Instead of always following you and engage the enemy like retards. Something in the vein of SWAT 4 only simpler.

el Chi said:
174) A trust system. This ties in with the whole friendly fire idea, except with consequences. Say you have one resistance ally with you and you kill them, no-one's really going to know, so you can pretty much do that with no repercussions. Two or more however, and one will try and radio for help or just to let people know "Freeman's gone crazy!" or something. Unless you can kill them before they get a chance, or make it look like an accident or like Combine fire (although that would be far harder to implement). If people get warned once, then the resistance fighters trust you far less and are less likely to follow your commands. Twice and they're likely to actively attack you in order to defend themselves, although if there are Combine troops around, they'll attack them first. If you fight WITH them against Combine in those situations (or maybe kill enough troops that it seems less likely you're againt the resistance) you regain people's trust. If you get to three, or attack a main character, not even Alyx or Barney will trust you: Game over, man.
no thanks

Defpotec22 said:
no thanks
Heh... 2nded

And most games already have that anyway. Exept maybe not as detailed, but generally, thats what they have.

And it wouldnt fit into HL2 anyway. You are supposed to be like all high and mighty, so the trust system just wouldnt work out well. And theyd have to do some more work on the AI and all that. But its a good idea, but not for this game...

MikeL15 said:
Heh... 2nded

And most games already have that anyway. Exept maybe not as detailed, but generally, thats what they have.

And it wouldnt fit into HL2 anyway. You are supposed to be like all high and mighty, so the trust system just wouldnt work out well. And theyd have to do some more work on the AI and all that. But its a good idea, but not for this game...
I can see your gripes with it, but I still think it could be a good idea. An awesome example of a trust system is in The Thing. That was really good.

179. a plot twist that no one would expect (gman is lamar) ;-)

But The Thing was annoying on a different level, which effectively ruined the "trust" system's ambience and effectiveness. For example- those test kits were useless. You could use them on a teammate, find that they're not The Thing, and then they'll turn out to be one anyway when you trigger a setpiece, simply because the developerss must have thought it'd be dramatic and atmospheric.

I don't really think such an advanced trust system is necessary, although I'd half-welcome the return of friendly fire.

180. AI that detects line of fire. It looked really stupid to see a Combine soldier walk fight in the shots fired by another soldier, and it was really annoying to have a resistance guy walk in front of you right as you fire a rocket.

Edcrab said:
But The Thing was annoying on a different level, which effectively ruined the "trust" system's ambience and effectiveness. For example- those test kits were useless. You could use them on a teammate, find that they're not The Thing, and then they'll turn out to be one anyway when you trigger a setpiece, simply because the developerss must have thought it'd be dramatic and atmospheric.

I don't really think such an advanced trust system is necessary, although I'd half-welcome the return of friendly fire.
With The Thing, whilst it didn't implement the ideas amazingly well, its heart was in the right place and a lot of the time, it was damn tense. Other games could attempt something similar and take note of previous attempts and then get it right.

181. A beginning, that doesn't compleatly ruin the ending of HL2.

JoeCLawrence said:
180. AI that detects line of fire. It looked really stupid to see a Combine soldier walk fight in the shots fired by another soldier, and it was really annoying to have a resistance guy walk in front of you right as you fire a rocket.

Haha... I remember seeing a metrocop get runned over by his own APC when I was screwing around instead of running across the rooftops. And about the friendly fire thing...you have no idea how many times I wanted to just kill my own team when they ran into a rocket...which would injure you but not them!

#182 Alyx, Mossman, two small bikinis and 600 gallons of tomato sauce

#183 A big motherf****** headcrab looking psycho boss!..

#184 The G-Man reveals that he's gay

#185 Gordon learns to fly...

186. More voice actors for the citizens. I swear it's the same person doing the voices for all of them!

112 A Sonoluminensence gun
113 A wave distortion transmitter
114 A perpetual Motion reference

115?) a chainsaw
116?) a chain gun lik doom
117?) another shot of alyx climbing a ladder, do u all remember that

193. Wagner's music playing during the game. I want to fight Combine to "Ride of the Valkyries."
194. Vehicle levels that aren't strictly linear, where you can choose not to use the vehicle and, if you do use the vehicle, there are multiple pathways.
195. More indoor, Black Mesa-esque environments. Closer quarters, flickering lights, and struggling for your life. I loved Nova Prospekt, but it was just one level, and it was a bit too big, an indoor sectionof the game reminiscent of Half-Life 1 would be great.

196)Overwatch soldiers(at least Metrocops) rebel and help resistance members. :angel:
197)Resistance Vorts fight Combine Controlled Vorts in hand to hand combat! :naughty:

198. Some Bach too. Suite for orchestra #3 in D major during a giant Combine/Xen streetfight would rule so much.

199. A VERY big explosion occuring some time in the game

200. A huge scale battle (be it ground or aerial)

Where we conclude that 100 wasen't the max.
201. Kobolds and Goblins.

202) Marines that feel smart and badass like the ones in HL1, rather than ones which just stand there shooting you and ducking and die in a few measly shots.

The Opposing Force marines rocked... some of the battles with them were just brilliant. Not so with HL2, where the battles with the Combine were rarely as cool as the more 'wow factor' Strider battles (which lose their novelty fast).

203) Striders that actually USE their blue laser cannon thingo against you.

205) A thread on HL2.net that asks for more than 100 things.
206) 200x400 reseloution

Danimal said:
205) A thread on HL2.net that asks for more than 100 things.
206) 200x400 reseloution

Shouldn't you put 205 in the "doesnt" need thread. :p

I'm pretty sure a sniper rifle has been mentioned, so:

207) a maze level.

208) The AI source code they use in Aftermath included in the SDK. It'll make it so much easier for me to put new enemies into my mod that way.

-Angry Lawyer

209) i want the flight from city 17 to be the craziest, coolest, and most havoc filled sequence in gaming history. the rebels/combine/xen aliens/anything outside the "safety" of the city all fighting as they escape from the citadel.

210) The Citadel to fall over, annihilating several square miles of terrain and causing a boom so huge tremors can be felt on the other side of the world.

Yeah.

Noobulon said:
210) The Citadel to fall over, annihilating several square miles of terrain and causing a boom so huge tremors can be felt on the other side of the world.

Yeah.

Well actually, it doesnt, its more of a meltdown ;)

Adrian Shephard, huh? Please, folks, let's not make this another Pro/Anti Adrian thread. Puhleez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back