2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

My World Cup day

What a day! I just arrived back from Germany. Great match. The first 30 minutes were awesome. Van Persie's free kick and Van Nistelrooij's goal were beautiful. The game itself got a bit less spectacular after that but the atmosphere in the stadium was great. My throat is still coarse from all the singing (and the cursing against the stupid fooking ref). I hope I can make it to some of the other Dutch games.

wkcivfans3cf.jpg

Ivorian fan making a weird gesture, considering he's black and in Germany.

wkleeuw7vs.jpg

Respect for the dude that walked in this lion costume all day long in +30C/90F heat.

wklegioen5wr.jpg

The stadium was a sea of orange

wkvanbasten4pv.jpg

Dutch coach Van Basten and his assistent Van 't Schip

wkvanpersie9jt.jpg

The first goal by Van Persie

wkpolonaise4na.jpg

Celebrations afterwards

awesome shakermaker you got to see that match. I'm jealous.

concerning the ARG game, anyone else excited Messi got to play AND assisted AND scored in like 10 minutes?

Feath said:
Erm, Theo Walcott?

btw, has anyone seen this kid play? I'm pretty sure he hasn't played in any matches for Arsenal. Has he been on the pitch for any professional club? If not, and Sven chose him, this kid must be amazing.

Adidajs said:
btw, has anyone seen this kid play? I'm pretty sure he hasn't played in any matches for Arsenal. Has he been on the pitch for any professional club? If not, and Sven chose him, this kid must be amazing.
I went to the England vs Belarus game in Reading and he came on as a sub in that game. Did nothing, showed little ability in a real game...so ya know. Defoe next time eh?

Brilliant pictures of the oranges Shaker, they are brilliant. I see you had your camera poised very early to catch Van Persies goal, had a feeling it was flying in eh? :) Sounds like an awesome day out at the World cup!

Hectic Glenn said:
I see you had your camera poised very early to catch Van Persies goal, had a feeling it was flying in eh?

Hehehehe, you caught me. Van Persie deserved that goal. He worked very hard during the first match against S&N but didn't reap any rewards from it. So when he got the free kick it was almost bound to go in.

How was the Ivorian goal btw? I only saw it from a distance and I missed the replay on the screens in the stadium.

Shakermaker,

You’re back, excellent photographs, I am so jealous. I saw bits of the match, but to be honest missed a lot of it.

Holland good, but hey, good enough to beat Argentina?

Its doesn't matter either way you guys are through anyway (are you? Sorry losing track of the points here)

baxter said:
Shakermaker,

You’re back, excellent photographs, I am so jealous. I saw bits of the match, but to be honest missed a lot of it.

Holland good, but hey, good enough to beat Argentina?

Its doesn't matter either way you guys are through anyway (are you? Sorry losing track of the points here)

Thanks dude.

We're through anyway with 6 points out of two games. The 2nd round match will be against the number one or two from group D (Iran, Portugal, Angola, Mexico), depending on how we play against Argentina. We need to win that game to be the groupwinner. That will be an interesting match. Both Argentina and Holland will probably play with their B-teams which means it will be quite an open game.

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Damn you for getting that spare ticket! ;)

Make sure you take pics like this one :D

Sorry dude, I only have male love for you ;)

wkgay9ge.jpg

Football is so gay, heheheh.

EDIT Best I can do for you:

wkwitchcheese3nf.jpg

Ghana is doing really well. Fun game to watch. The Czechs need Koller.

go ghana. not watching (at work on a saturday..argh), but this definitely helps us americans.

Ghana deserves it. I can't count the number of clear cut chances they've had.

You're right about it helping the USA, assuming the USA will lose to Italy (and let's face it, very likely) the USA might still be able to go through if they beat Ghana. Ghana is going to be missing some key players against the USA for consecutive yellow cards also. The thing that might send the Czech's through is that 3 goal difference, so Ghana really needs another goal, otherwise if they lose against the U.S. by say 1-0 the Czech Republic may still go through.

I'm very glad that Ghana won, too. Because I like to see that at least one African team wins (at least one match, so far) ...

Anyone else from Germany here, btw?

Shakermaker said:
Sorry dude, I only have male love for you ;)

wkgay9ge.jpg

Football is so gay, heheheh.

EDIT Best I can do for you:

wkwitchcheese3nf.jpg

hehehe, thanks goser, these will do fine, thanks a lot

did you guys see the Ghanaian player waving an Israeli flag at the end of the game with the Czech Republic?

To all you Americans: you are supporting your team now, aren't you?

EDIT Whoa, 1-1 and red for Nesta.

secret friend said:
did you guys see the Ghanaian player waving an Israeli flag at the end of the game with the Czech Republic?

Yeah, what was that about?

RoyaleWithCheese said:
hehehe, thanks goser, these will do fine, thanks a lot

heheheh, np

Shakermaker said:
To all you Americans: you are supporting your team now, aren't you?

*Cricket noise*

*Tumble weed goes past*

I'm sure they are.

USA should just pack up and go back home before they embarass themselves more further against Italy.

Combine Hybrid said:
USA should just pack up and go back home before they embarass themselves more further against Italy.

Haven't been watching the match (revising), but according to BBC Sports, they've scored against Italy, kudos to USA.

Combine Hybrid said:

HAHAHAHHAHA I HOPE YOU ARE WATCHING THE MATCH hahahhaha.

Hahhaah that goal was hilarious. THe USA had some amazing technical moments.

Harryz said:
Haven't been watching the match (revising), but according to BBC Sports, they've scored against Italy, kudos to USA.

Well, they didn't exactly score. Italy scored against themselves. And the USA have had a player sent off so it's 10 v 10 1 goal each, should make for an exciting second half. If it's a draw the group is wide open.

Combine Hybrid said:

I am watching the game and I must say: great effort by Team USA. They kept the pressure up non stop during the first half. Very attractive match. Also two red cards, so it's 10 against 10 in the 2nd half. Very exciting game.

Harryz said:
*Cricket noise*
*Tumble weed goes past*
I'm sure they are.

heheheh, good one.

Well, the US red card is a bit iffy. Should've been a yellow though.

The De Rossi red card was definately a red card. He's going to be banned for a few matches, probably.

Raxxman said:
no way that was a red card
ref is stupid.

Yes way. Mastroeni came from behind and was in no way going for the ball. That's a red card.

Feath said:
De Rossi going to be banned for a few matches, probably.

He should be. Elbows ftl

Raxxman said:
no way that was a red card

ref is stupid.
It was.
Bad move bringing totti off imo. Any one of the defenders might have been a better option.

Both cards were more than justified. If you don't think so, you don't know much about football.

That Israeli flag in the Ghana game was because he is playing in an Isreali group.

bullshit. second US red card. i see conspiracy.

Mastroeni did not deserve that card. Pope didn't deserve that second yellow. this game is bullshit.

that was a yellow card offense

thing is so was the USA red card.

Haha, 3 cards. Classic. Who do you think will be off next?

Back