2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

1-1

What a game. I'd be proud if I was an American. Great team effort. Keller had some great saves, Donovan started a couple of dangerous attacks. Too bad nobody could finish it. The game against Ghana will be very important.

The American goalie is probably one of the best players in the tournament.

Amazing result. Now the US need to beat Ghania and Italy need to beat Czech Republic.

I don't think Pope would've got his second yellow, if the Ref realised he was already booked.

The Monkey said:
Both cards were more than justified. If you don't think so, you don't know much about football.

The radio station (Five Live) I'm listening to thinks it should've only been a yellow, and so do Football365.com. And both of them know about football.

Feath said:
The radio station (Five Live) I'm listening to thinks it should've only been a yellow, and so do Football365.com. And both of them know about football.
It was a red. And football365 are cock eaters.

secret friend said:
did you guys see the Ghanaian player waving an Israeli flag at the end of the game with the Czech Republic?
that player plays for hapoel tel aviv i think, maybe thats why, dunno.

exciting enough match tonight between the u.s and italy, the football wasn't exactly superb though, the U.S were too undisciplined, after de rossi got sent off they shoulda got their shit together but no straight away there midfielder clattered Pirlo from behind and was gone.

Reaktor4 said:
It was a red. And football365 are cock eaters.

It was rash, yes but there was no malice in it. It was just the ref trying to even stuff up.

now my anger has settled, the Italian deserved that red card. elbow to the face? no brainer
ok, mastroeni - definitely didn't deserve a red card. at the least a penalty, at the most a yellow. It wasn't malicious. It was a slide tackle from the side.
Pope, deserved a yellow, but shouldn't have been given a red card so easily for that play.
I think that's the last WC game that ref is going to be calling. Hell, even the linesman at Italy's side was a little too hasty with some of those calls. Italy wasn't offsides THAt many times.
Officiating was the worst I've seen in awhile.

Feath said:
It was rash, yes but there was no malice in it. It was just the ref trying to even stuff up.
It wasnt. Malice is really irrelevant with a tackle like that, hit the standing leg and you can very easily break it.
And the refs were told to be stricter about that i think.

You guys do know that ref was banned from the last world cup for makin bad calls right.

The USA played much better this time, than I had expected after their first world cup match. They've got a chance to stay in the cup now, I think. :)
But I don't think they have a chance to win it. ;)

All the cards the ref. gave were perfetly right. Before sayng anthing, at least know the rules of the game:

1-Serious foul play. This includes a tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent.
2-Violent conduct
3-Spitting at anyone
4-A deliberate hand ball to deny an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by any 5player other than a goalkeeper in his own penalty area
5-Committing an offence that denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity (informally known as a professional foul)
6-Using offensive, insulting or abusive language or gestures
7-Receiving a second caution (yellow card) in one game

The Italian player stoped the American from an obviuos goal.
It was a good game, te ref was good.

Now, the Ref from Ivorian Coast and Holland was crap as hell. The African would hae won that game if he had given the obvious 2 penalties.

It's just the inconsistency. They give a straight red for one tackle, then not even a yellow for almost exactly the same tackles.

I missed the second US red card but the first 2 cards, one for each team, were justified. Well played US. They could even have won - I think that disallowed goal was a bit iffy. Was the last US striker 'interfering with play'? So subjective...

As for Czech Republic, they played like a bag of old cocks and thoroughly deserved to lose to Ghana. What happened there? They were maybe the 2nd most impressive team in the opening round of matches, and I don't think the loss of Koller quite excuses their skanky performance today.

StardogChampion said:
It's just the inconsistency. They give a straight red for one tackle, then not even a yellow for almost exactly the same tackles.

5-Committing an offence that denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
dsdsddsdsd

Nobody in the game got a red card for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Especially not the Italian guy you mentioned above.

USA, stand up and start tuning in, you guys did well tonight.

Man, that was some elbow but never the less, the USA did well against Italy.

Come on America, support your guys, they did well tonight.

were the red cards not the result of a second yellow for both Americans

Pope got two yellow cards. The first red was a straight red.

Japan vs. Croatia's started. I'm gunning for Japan, but not very ardently. A loss for either of these teams would mean a trip home so let's hope they both give it their all.

Laivasse said:
Japan vs. Croatia's started. I'm gunning for Japan, but not very ardently. A loss for either of these teams would mean a trip home so let's hope they both give it their all.
man, i think it was a pretty horrible match, one of them should've had at least 1 make it in, but nooo, 90mins of teasing then nothing !

everyone, australia vs brazil in 30 mins ! wish us luck.

i'm hoping for a draw, and if the gods smile upon us, 1-0 win.. think i should try sacrificing some virgins to please the gods ?

destrukt said:
man, i think it was a pretty horrible match, one of them should've had at least 1 make it in, but nooo, 90mins of teasing then nothing !

everyone, australia vs brazil in 30 mins ! wish us luck.

i'm hoping for a draw, and if the gods smile upon us, 1-0 win.. think i should try sacrificing some virgins to please the gods ?

Yeah, do that.

And that way if you don't win, at least you'll have blood on your hands.

Does anyone already know if Ronaldo will play again in the match Brazil - Australia at 18.00 p.m. (local time)?

one said:
Does anyone already know if Ronaldo will play again in the match Brazil - Australia at 18.00 p.m. (local time)?
Dear god i hope not, Robinho should start. Australia have a world of hurt coming i think :(

Japan - Croatia, a goaless draw of fun, thoroughly enjoyable :)

kiro: lol, good plan.

99: i have a stockpile i've been keeping for situations like this. ;)

as if we should have to wear our alternate jersey. :(

the whole stadium is yellow, go.. who ?

hah, the aus fans are so loud (in reference to them singing our national anthem).

Brazil doesn't impress me at all. They wont make it past the quarter-finals if they keep playing like this.

meh, we played damn well, especially against such a team like brazil, gg.

pretty disapointed @ kewell though, guess he's still not 100% recovered/fit.

Back