I GOT TEH 1000TH POST!

Now, to justify this as not spam...

My bets

GER 2, ARG 3
ITA 2, UKR 0
No clue for England v. Portugal.
BRA 3, FRA 2

EDIT: DAMN YOU REAKTOR4!

pwnt. but at least you got the 1000th reply..
argentina obviously, portugal, brazil and italy will go through.

baxter said:
Hey mate that's below the belt, we are not all like that and I condemn this type of stupidly totally.

Football is football, sport is sport, you know we are rivals, but many of us take this rivalry in a humorous way, please don't label us all like this because of the actions of a few stupid idiots.

Yeah, only kidding. I lub the Scots rly.

I remember walking around up London near Baker Street during Euro 96 on the day of the Scotland vs England match in fact. All this rivalry is between us is hyped up a lot, but everyone on that day was so good-natured. The Tube was full of people dressed in obvious scottish or english colours, just blending together and despite the fact that half of them were probably drunk out their minds I don't think I saw a word exchanged in anger, just friendly joshing at worst. Really gave me hope for happiness and loveliness Scotland/England harmony and well-behaved England fans.

That is until Gareth Southgate screwed up and everyone went around smashing up German cars.

I think Argentina will win against Germany, perhaps 2:1? :cheese:

Yeah I'd say Argentina will win against Germany, although i'd like Germany to get through over them.

I think this is gonna be the game of the tourny

Both teams are on fire, Germany maybe slightly less talanted but with the crowd behind them.

I hope Argentina will embarass Germany and kick them out of the tournament, theyr've become too arrogant the last few days.

RoyaleWithCheese said:
I hope Argentina will embarass Germany and kick them out of the tournament, theyr've become too arrogant the last few days.
i say the same thing, just replace germany with brazil, and argentina with whoever brazil are versing next.

Laivasse said:
I remember walking around up London near Baker Street during Euro 96 on the day of the Scotland vs England match in fact. All this rivalry is between us is hyped up a lot, but everyone on that day was so good-natured. The Tube was full of people dressed in obvious scottish or english colours, just blending together and despite the fact that half of them were probably drunk out their minds I don't think I saw a word exchanged in anger, just friendly joshing at worst. Really gave me hope for happiness and loveliness Scotland/England harmony and well-behaved England fans.

That is until Gareth Southgate screwed up and everyone went around smashing up German cars.

That's right many of us simply view it as friendly banter which is simply over hyped.
I really do hope England do well against Portugal but the passion these guys showed against Holland put them favourite in my book. I just can't see England mustering the same passion, but hey a few of their guys are out.

(German cars are fair game anyways:) )

Did you know that in Germany they sold 10 times the amount of German flags they sold in 2002 this world cup?

It'll be interesting to see what happens today if we get kicked out by Argentina! :E

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Hey, a german forum member. Do you like the Dutch? :)
Of course! :)

("Ohne Holland fahren wir nach Berlin!" :cheese: ;) )

Looks like Ronaldo probably won't be playing for Portugal now either, ouch, that's going to hurt them.

Deco, Costina AND Ronaldo out? England have an excellent chance here to proceed to the next round, if they don't take it I'll be extremely pissed off. I suppose we ought to thank the Dutch for giving us a better chance.

I'd have to go with Argentina this afternoon. I like the way the Germans have performed so far, but when Argentina get cruising.....

And England should be laughing at the ridiculous path they've had throughout this tourney. If they can't capitalise on Portugals suspension and injury problems, then somethings just not f*cking right at camp Sven. I mean, they haven't played anything close to decent yet.

WHAT!? I almost forgot the next group of games were on today. I'm sitting here watching Federer at Wimbledon instead...

I really think Germany could cause an upset against Argentina. You saw Mexico giving it a go, and they were only beaten by a wonder goal from Rodriguez.

It's a tough one to call, I think Argentina have the better players, but Germany have the support.

As long as it's played with passion and sportsmanship, I really don't care who wins. I wouldn't care if the Germans win. No really. Okay maybe I would :dork:

Um, pretty boring match so far. Both teams seem kind of cautious and aren't putting much into it.

Laivasse said:
Um, pretty boring match so far. Both teams seem kind of cautious and aren't putting much into it.

Yeah, I was expecting more of this match. This match will prolly not end after 90 minutes. I think this will end with penalties.

StardogChampion said:
I really think Germany could cause an upset against Argentina. You saw Mexico giving it a go, and they were only beaten by a wonder goal from Rodriguez.
I told you all so :smoking:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That goalie has an aimbot ban him!!

Back