2006 FIFA World Cup Football Tournament

How so, Reaktor4? Please, slam me into the ground with your logical arguments, for am I not worthy!

120a553f43942ab33368f7da0b7adeee.gif

For everyone defending Rooney, it was a purposeful attack. He actually steps around and specifically stamps on the guys tinkly winkly, even though it would unbalance him slightly. He even looks down straight away to see the damage he has done and instead of playing on oblivious - fact of the matter is, if it was a complete accident, it would of taken him a second or two longer to realise what happened than instantaneously looking around to see the damage he had done.

If these people are paid that much money yet are completely incapable of handling their own emotions and can't be bothered to even work for a win, then no wonder the Premiereship is filled with foreigners.

I agree, Rooney was being stupid and let everyone down. So much for tabloids such as the Sun and Mirror having a front page picture of Rooney on Saturday morning...

Come on guys. Portugal are only ever good at penalties.

We stopped them scoring and had a few good chances with only 10 men which makes us the better team.

Oh, and we don't go diving around like a bunch of cheating arseholes.

What are peoples thoughts on Steve McLaren?

But we only have like 10 million people and England has like 60 million and there clubs have like 5x times more money than ours. If they can't beat us, well sorry, the ones with a problem are you, not some referee or the oposing team. I never expected to get this far but I take what I get:D

it was funny to see cry baby Ronaldo put all those "manly" English players crying.:D :D :D

I like how out of your 11 posts, 10 of them are gloating about Portugal beating England.. in fact, you hadn't posted since Euro 2004.

Hm.

I was proud of England's performance after the sending off. Every player on the pitch played their hearts out right untill the end.

Too much emphasis is placed on the stars in the England squad, yet we played better than we had all tournament with 10 men and no Beckham, Rooney or Owen.

Anyhoo - all credit to the Portuguese goal keeper, he did an amazing job.

ComradeBadger said:
I like how out of your 11 posts, 10 of them are gloating about Portugal beating England.. in fact, you hadn't posted since Euro 2004.

Hm.

"Portugal beat England, time to go on hl2.net LOL"

Previous performances in the tournament have no baring on future ones. You can't say that England deserved to go out any more than any other team in the WC based on their previous performances. Look at Spain, out after having a good start. Argentina? Out. Brazil? Out. France? Piss poor start but they're into the Semi-Final. It's about taking your chances on the day; if you don't take them then you're screwed. Portugal didn't play well against us at all. Even when we went down to 10 men they were poor and created very few chances. Ironically it took losing a man to spur England into action.

England had chances towards the end(good ones) and missing those plus that one stupid act of petulance from arguably our best player cost us the game. In Quarter-Finals you should expect tight games, however going an hour a man down was too much for us and we had to take it to penalties. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. When it gets to penalties the quality of the teams is irrelevant, it’s all about the nerve of the penalty taker and the skill of the goal keeper. I happen to think that Ricardo was a better keeper than Robinson and made some good calls. A couple of our players (namely Gerrard and Lampard), players who’d you’d expect would put penalties away easily lost their cool and they took bad penalties.

It was always going to be difficult to get that golden goal a man down, so if you play for penalties you’ve got to accept it when it doesn’t go your way.

France can't beat Switzerland and Korea, but they can beat Spain and Brazil? Weirdos.

can we get these trolls banned from this thread (reaktor, combine and so on) ? or could we take up that offer to get a forum for the world cup ? guess it's too late now, it's almost over; thanks for ruining the thread sadistic lamers.

Does anyone know where Euro '08 is going to be hosted?

Overall the match was epic, and both sides were awsome.

GG Portugal.

Well, as you may know I'm really happy with Les Bleus. I've let people and analist tell me : France is going to go down vs (insert team here). I would allaywas tell them yes, yes, of course. Now look at us, we have kept a low profile, and we are at the semis, beating the 2 favs (and world champions) teams.

Now, I don't want the sauce getting to our heads, we can't be like Brazil and Spain saying, " We are easilly going to win ". Portugal is going to be hard, verry hard, specially with their best players fresh as they havn't played the last game. And we cant afford to go to penalties, as their goally is verry hard to beat.

Allez les bleus !

I've been pro France for the whole tournament, and I'm glad to see them grow each game.

What's annoying me now about England is people banging on about how we've squandered the best chance we'll ever have because we have the best players. It's been proven time and time again that you don't need the best players to win a major tournament, you need a team. England had a team of great players as oppose to a great team. If you have a great team your chances of winning The World Cup are very good.

mortiz said:
What's annoying me now about England is people banging on about how we've squandered the best chance we'll ever have because we have the best players. It's been proven time and time again that you don't need the best players to win a major tournament, you need a team. England had a team of great players as oppose to a great team. If you have a great team your chances of winning The World Cup are very good.
Spot on.
In other news greece have been banned from football by fifa.

*imagines FIFA snipers popping up at Greece matches in order to shoot the ball*

Lol... Brazil lost to France*REJOICE* since Argen is out, i say eiither France or Germany will win...
EDIT
Mabye Italy?

Azner said:
Lol... Brazil lost to France*REJOICE* since Argen is out, i say eiither France or Germany will win...
EDIT
Mabye Italy?
No, not Italy. They'll have to go tonight! :E

Azner said:
EDIT
Mabye Italy?
france, germany or italy.. that narrows it down.

I think and hope that we'll see Germany and France in the final! :)

It's strange, I never thought I'd ever be supporting Germany so strongly. But those filthy blues must not win...!

Italy didn't deserve to get this far, it should have been the Aussies. *mutter*

Crush 'em, Germany! :D

At 30:00 this seems to be a pretty fair and friendly match. Little to no diving, and when they do, they don't act as if they've taken a shotgun blast to the crotch.

UPDATE: 60:00. Germany should just put their whole team on offense. Lehmann just stops whatever the Italians send his way. No crazy diving or spinning, he justs stops the ball dead.

UPDATE2: 90:00. This is going to end in Penalty Kicks. I bet you anything that Germany won't win, but Italy will lose. There's a difference.

Full time, 0-0. I don't know why, but I think Germany will score in the extra time.

I'm not one to hold a grudge, but I want ze germans to lose. I like italy, they make nice pizza. and cars. and ladies.

This is the best game of football I've seen so far. No divers, no BS just straight up skills.

Javert said:
This is the best game of football I've seen so far. No divers, no BS just straight up skills.
I second that - England wouldn't have a chance at this level anyway.

Aye, best in the whole tournament. Too bad it looks like things will be settled with penalties.

Back