A riddle to curve the boredom!

yeah that kind of fuzzy math hurts the brain. if you knew enough of those you could scam people pretty easily :D
obviously those kinds of tricks have been used before to cheat people out of money :p

Originally posted by craigweb2k
What do these 3 have in common?
Superman
Moses
The Cabbage Patch Kids

:cool: They're all in this riddle, dogg. :cool:

New Riddle

Who make's it, has no need of it.

Who buy's it, has no use of it.

Who use's it, can neither see or feel it.

What is 'it'?

I thought oxygen: almost works considering oxygen makes up a small portion of the air--technically though we can still feel it. Plants make it but don't want. 'Buying it' can cannote 'snuffing it'.

What do these 3 have in common?
Superman
Moses
The Cabbage Patch Kids

Adopted

:cheers:

Another :

You've been sentenced to death in an obscure foreign country which has a strange law. Before the sentence is carried out, two papers...one with 'LIFE' written on it and one with 'DEATH' written on it...are folded up and placed in a hat. You are permitted to pick out one of the papers (without looking) and if you choose the one with 'LIFE' written on it, you are set free. Otherwise, the death sentence is carried out. But someone has substituted the paper with 'LIFE' written on it with another one with 'DEATH' written on it. You are informed by this person of what he has done and that you are doomed to die.
You are not permitted to speak to anyone about this misdeed, nor will you have a chance to switch the papers yourself in time.

How will you avoid death?

Knock over the hat, so that both 'DEATH' papers fall out, revealing the misdead.....doubtful, but I have no clue.

Originally posted by rndhotdog
isn't this offtopic and should be moved or locked?

You bore, have you read any of this? Why would they lock it, its good )

Refuse to pick one?

OR (possible)

Say 'How about if i pick the death paper, then i'm free, just for a change)' Unlikely though.

it sound most likely, pick one and eat it. Really, if nobody knew about the LIFE paper being changed for DEATH, they would look at the paper remaining, see DEATH, and assume that u have picked and eaten LIFE.
That is assumig that only u and the guy who switch the paper around are the only ones who know about this.

The Riddle

The bottom floor contains three switches, one of which operates the light on the third floor.
All three floors are linked by a flight of stairs.

Just use 'the one which operates the light'. He never said it wasn't labelled.

[edit] fs, didn't know this was 25 pages long

The Albotross soup one.
The guy was blind and while he was stranded he was being feed the people that died in the crash and told it was albotross soup. As soon as he realised what real albotross soup tasted like he new he had been eating human soup. He got freaked and jumped off the balcony.

The cabin one.
Its a airoplain cabin, they died in the crash.

The death one
The guy about to be killed said something like "so we know you havn't changed the life to death if i pick out death i get set free" if the exicutionor said no everyone would know something sus was going on so he said yes and woohoo hes free.
EDIT: mabey he just quickly picked out both of them and showed everyone how much of a dirty lier the exicutionor is.

A guy arrives in a field holding a package and immediatly dies, explain.

Riddle thread, eh? Can I have a go?

Okay, here goes(I have another for when you guys figure this one out):

I am hollow,
I can fit in the palm of your hand,
I weigh practically nothing,
Yet ten men cannot lift me.

Originally posted by Bobo Vieri
it sound most likely, pick one and eat it. Really, if nobody knew about the LIFE paper being changed for DEATH, they would look at the paper remaining, see DEATH, and assume that u have picked and eaten LIFE.
That is assumig that only u and the guy who switch the paper around are the only ones who know about this.

:cheers: everyone who said this is right :) :cheers:

Originally posted by SLH
A guy arrives in a field holding a package and immediatly dies, explain.

The 'package' is a parachute. The arrival in the field was from 30,000 ft :D

Edit: and the parachute didnt open ;)

Originally posted by nw909
He killed her and pressed the emergency stop button so the cops couldn't get him.

lol.

Now that's a good answer. Creative and funny.

A detective is investigating a suicide case. He enters the room where the person died (nothing has changed since the death).

He sees a gun in the hands of someone who appears to have shot themselves in the head. There is a tape-recorder (audio) next to him. The detective presses the play button. He hears a suicide 'note' spoken by the dead person. He immediatly knows he's dealing with a murder case. How??

Originally posted by Brian Damage
Riddle thread, eh? Can I have a go?

Okay, here goes(I have another for when you guys figure this one out):

I am hollow,
I can fit in the palm of your hand,
I weigh practically nothing,
Yet ten men cannot lift me.
a hot light bulb

Originally posted by fudnick
im gonna say air then, helium to be more exact

It's hollow, suggesting it has a surface, and it has a defined size. So, nope, guess again.

Originally posted by Idolon
a soap bubble?

BINGO!

Please tell me you didn't google that.

Okay, here's another:

There are seven men in a liferaft. They have, between them, eight cigarettes, but nothing to light them with. What do they do?

Edit: I'm going to bed now, so just post your answers, and I'll answer when I'm next on here.

I guess we're supposed to assume they're lost at sea or want the ciggarettes...

I guess they get out of the raft, and ask people nearby. Or if they don't want the cigarettes, then they do nothing. If they are at sea, then possibly some sort of lense....

EDIT: Or being men, do they fight over what to do with the 8th (1 each)

Originally posted by Brian Damage
Please tell me you didn't google that.
No worries, where would the fun be in that?

There are seven men in a liferaft. They have, between them, eight cigarettes, but nothing to light them with. What do they do?
Don't smoke?

Originally posted by SLH
A detective is investigating a suicide case. He enters the room where the person died (nothing has changed since the death).

He sees a gun in the hands of someone who appears to have shot themselves in the head. There is a tape-recorder (audio) next to him. The detective presses the play button. He hears a suicide 'note' spoken by the dead person. He immediatly knows he's dealing with a murder case. How??

At the end of the note is the sound of the gun firing. If the guy killed himself, who stopped the tape?

I have a riddle. A company works on a project for 5 years. It isnt complete. Why?

;)

A father and his boy are in an accident.
The father dies.
The ambulance takes the boy to the emergency room.
After examining him, the doctor says:
"I can't operate on him. He is my son."

How can this be possible?

Originally posted by DocRock
A father and his boy are in an accident.
The father dies.
The ambulance takes the boy to the emergency room.
After examining him, the doctor says:
"I can't operate on him. He is my son."

How can this be possible?

The doctor is his mother.

Originally posted by MarkJ
At the end of the note is the sound of the gun firing. If the guy killed himself, who stopped the tape?

It ran out of tape or the batteries died.

Back