Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
I think Merc was instructed by valve (who are amused with the fact we analyze there white board so much) to pull some stuff.. and the hl2.net mod's are in as well (notice there lack of posting in this thread)

darkstar: cliffe posted in this thread confirming his visit.. so I dont see how it could be a fake. I think valve has somthing in mind with this whole Merc thing..

/me checks his watch

its 6:48am in England, most mods are english, I should think they are in bed

Hey, maybe this IS Half-Life 2. The video game part was just a ploy, we are playing the real game right now.

Also, I made a new thread with the site and password in penance for helping kill this thread (though i still claim the fact that we solved the problem killed the thread)

what about Leash for dogs? i think the answer to the second test is in the whiteboard

Bugger you guys if you think he's a plant by vavle.
Great, you guys spammed a whole thread to death :(

I doubt cliffe would confirm this after merc clearly stated 2 pages prior that he played the end of the game.

Assignments for HL2.net for upcoming weeks:

- examining Zapruder film to find 2nd gunman on grassy knoll
- discover what was on the missing 15 minutes of the Nixon Watergate tapes
- locate Iraqi WMDs
- figure out DaVinci Code

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
darkstar: cliffe posted in this thread confirming his visit.. so I dont see how it could be a fake. I think valve has somthing in mind with this whole Merc thing..

Oh, okay...I just couldn't bring myself to read through 40 pages of mainly nonsense. Oh, by the way:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T MAKE HIM SIGN SOMETHING!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
I think Merc was instructed by valve (who are amused with the fact we analyze there white board so much) to pull some stuff.. and the hl2.net mod's are in as well (notice there lack of posting in this thread)

Yeah, this would best fit into the scene

my conclusion: merc either is a Valve employee pulling some sh!t or a person who really did visit valve and was instructed to pull some sh!t... I mean what random kid who barely even seemed interested in hl2 prior to his visit.. (is sooo casual i.e. il just go play 2k4 etc) get into valve and playtest of all things the top secret ending multi million dollar game project that is supposed to change the pc gaming community forever?

edit: it would appear the mod's are in as well (maybe?) or at least some of them.... :| :| :|

Who cares about the reasons for this prank. It's just cool that they acknowledged us. This is truly Geek PR! You gotta love it.

Man the mods are going to be pissed when they wake up.

"GOOD BLIMEY MATES! CHEEKY HELL! JOLLY OH!"

Guys in the board it says "SECOND" that probably means the clues for the SECOND test.... :)

Xcellere said:
Man the mods are going to be pissed when they wake up.

"GOOD BLIMEY MATES! CHEEKY HELL! JOLLY OH!"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sorry, can't read through entire thread...

Did merc give a reason that he didn't take more pictures today? Why is his only picture a partly obscured half-erased whiteboard?

The second test has to be related to the first test. Otherwise, we could have solved the second test before the first one!

Wow. I have this forum setup to read 30 posts per page, and it is on page 21. :O

That was awesome. Thanks Valve (if happen to read this post in this jumbled mess)!!!

DarkStar said:
Sorry, can't read through entire thread...

Did merc give a reason that he didn't take more pictures today? Why is his only picture a partly obscured half-erased whiteboard?
Looky in the Valve thread... some people posted a nice little summary of the info Merc got from Valve in there... don't have to read this mess.

underplay... nearly all your post's here appear to be on this thread... interesting :p

edit: jesus letters the new avatar is the BEST YET

Merc's pix: STEAM SERVER!! wow! that is a tank!

serverroom.jpg

CSS

css.jpg

Letters said:
Looky in the Valve thread... some people posted a nice little summary of the info Merc got from Valve in there... don't have to read this mess.

Yeah, but why didn't he take MORE PICTURES!?!?

He's actually satan isn't he?

There's eight more besides the whiteboard one...

(see Tokin's post)

Hey merc!

That is so awesome that you got to go to VALVe to play some HL2 and CS:Source! Congrats on that! You lucky bastard :cheers:

The reason the thread is going so long is that we found out the username and password for the HL2 pwn3d website... and we are trying to get to the next level... so to speak!

Take care Merc and thanks for posting all that you did!

holy buggery

this is the biggest thread ive seen. lol 10,000 views in 1 night.

new info + valve + ultra spam = pure entertainment

Username/Password...

By the way Merc, here are the username and password for the site...
: Site=http://half-life2.com/secret/pwn3d/ Username/password=valve/437N452

See ya!

Only there really wasn't much new info at all. Just a lot of conspiracy theories about nothing and vague "it was good" statements.

Letters said:
There's eight more besides the whiteboard one...

(see Tokin's post)

Wait...those are from yesterday. The question was why didn't he take more pictures today? Maybe they wouldn't let him or something...

Me too, only took about an hour lol I was looking at the G-Mans forehead on the original guy that posted the Pic when he got into the site \\/^\\--> Trying to put that into the code somewhere up in the address bar... LOL

All I have to say is you guys have barely even used the info on the whiteboard.

Also "the link on the upper left said screenshot archive"
I found interesting... maybe all this will end with us finding an archieve of new hl2 screenies... how cool would that be /end wishful thinking

DarkStar said:
Wait...those are from yesterday. The question was why didn't he take more pictures today? Maybe they wouldn't let him or something...
Oh... haha... you can't tell I haven't really been following this... :p

How do you know all this ThomasToad? Weren't you the one confused by my Hepatitis C comments?

so what kind of code is the second clue in? Is that ASCII or whatever you call it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back