Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
guise said:
big boned actually. as will i be when i recieve half life 2 :E

The difference between fat, overweight and big boned.

Fat - A rude way of saying just plain fat.
Overweight - A not so rude way of saying fat.
Big boned - Making an excuse for why you are overweight.

Sedako said:
They tempt you with a beta download, and you have to stare at it for an hour or so.

actually they don't. theres just some nice ascii art :\ and a picuture of everybody's favourite creepy person. no mention of a second test.

oh well, onward for more searching !

Lanthanide, I'm sure the mods will not appreciate links to software to crack passwords.

Meh, that's the 3rd result from google, if anyone really wanted to get that stuff they could easily do it anyway, without me having to post a link to it. But it's up the mods if they want to delete that post or not, I'm not going to edit it.

Well, guys, after much deliberation, I've come to a conclusion..

merc is actually Marc (Laidlaw). He plays the role of a kid on the internet so well, how? Well, he's just not quite the same since he got hit by lightning a few days ago.. :| :LOL:

http://tools.geht.net/rot13.html

Here's a decryptor for the ROT13 code guys...We really need the whole picture!!! Merc, use the system restore option in XP and recover that picture. Or let someone in by Remote Assistance(this feature is useful after all) so we can search in DOS for the image. We don't have that much time!!! Clusters/Sectors are being rearranged every second. NOOOOoooooo!!!

n30n said:
actually they don't. theres just some nice ascii art :\ and a picuture of everybody's favourite creepy person. no mention of a second test.

oh well, onward for more searching !

What? ...........

Shuzer said:
So, you signed an NDA?

no but i dont want to give away any spoilers so im not talking about much anymore sorry... im off to play ut2004 for a bit

-merc

He's so casual about it.

"Yo I know everything about HL2 that you all want to know and have been debating and flaming and fighting over for a year about........k later im off to play some ut2k4."

merc said:
no but i dont want to give away any spoilers so im not talking about much anymore sorry... im off to play ut2004 for a bit

-merc

If you didn't sign an NDA, and they showed you the end of the game, something doesn't add up there.
Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it was the end of the game? Did they ever say it was?

Shuzer said:
If you didn't sign an NDA, and they showed you the end of the game, something doesn't add up there.
Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it was the end of the game? Did they ever say it was?

Does it really matter? Merc doesn't want to tell us either way, nor does he have to.

Merc, you lucky bastard you. ;)
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro too, sweet! Can't wait of course.

SMT said:
Does it really matter? Merc doesn't want to tell us either way, nor does he have to.

no, it doesn't, I'm just saying :)

my favourite bit is the simple html error at the tiop, which makes firefox render the last pat of the first html comment.

silly valve guys should employ me to do all their html :)

Attachments

• hl2.net-pwned.jpg
    hl2.net-pwned.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 535
Merc has already gone above and beyond the call of duty (speaking of game references - United Offensive looks great) in getting us this information and really lighting a fire under us. We owe him our thanks :)

NOOOOooooo Merc!!! If you play UT2004 it will probably eat up tons of RAM...That game uses a lot of it so you better set your paging file to zero!!! I can still access the image. GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS!!!

If I was merc I would tell you guys everything without giving away the story or other spoilers that people dont want to know, what the hell is valve going to do??? I suppose I would do it after I went back to playtest some more like merc is going to though :D

n30n said:
my favourite bit is the simple html error at the tiop, which makes firefox render the last pat of the first html comment.

So wait, what was the password and username then?

n30n said:

Hey n30n? Um, care to share the user name and password?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

n30n: 1

rest of halflife2.net community: 0

edit: fixed hl.net, i'm silly
edit2: fixed spelling of edit, i'm retarted.

n30n said:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

n30n: 1

rest of halflife2.net community: 0

edid: fixed hl.net, i'm silly

So did you actually manage to guess/solve it, or did you crack it?

lol well merc im glad u had fun dude... i wanna keep everything a surprise till i get it. all i simply ask is this... how hard was it to pick up on the game? seamless... or was it hard getting us't to the enviroment? please let me know dude... thanxs for taking the time to read this...

mike

Lanthanide said:
What difference does it make?

Because if he managed to figure it out from the whiteboard mesage I'm impressed and am curious about how it was solved. If he just cracked it, then I don't really care. I just like puzzles.

can you please tell us the user name/password so we can see for ourselves?

you obviosuly dont know it if youre not sayin what it is biach

I'm starting to think n3on is a VALVe employee dropping us hints.. this is the ONLY thread he's posted in ;)

If he managed to figure it out on his own, I can suggest a certain government agency (No Such Agency) that would be very interested in his employment.

Indeed. Tell us...if that image is real, we could proceed to continue onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back