Back from another... TRIP TO VALVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
merc said:
when they were loading half life 2......

they had a cs source section, a dod source section, an hl1 port section, and a tf2 section

-merc

-stun- ..... merc you know alot.. somebody do sommat!

Dedatorv said:
What were some of the questions they had asked you about after you played it?

what my favorite parts were, what i didnt like, if i thot it was too hard, what settings do i usually play on (difficulty)... asked me if i understood what was going on when i was playing and asked me about some other random things..

-merc

Neutrino said:
Someone needs to e-mail Valve and see if we can't get a full picture of that white board. It was obviously meant to be solved, but seems immpossible with the left part cut off.

Not gonna happen. E-mail away, though.

If the whiteboard is a joke, I can't wait to see how all the people who are taking it too seriously are going to react, and how stupid they'll look.

Likewise, if the whiteboard is real, I can't wait to see how all the people insist its a joke are going to react, and how stupid they'll look.

You just know that at Valve right now they're falling all over themselves laughing at us over their beer and pizza knowing full well that we'll spend the entire night trying to decipher the meaning of some squiggles on a whiteboard.

Doug: Hahahaha...I bet they're trying to figure out that crap right now..hahaha.

Gabe: Yeah - suckers...now hand me another pizza.

Neutrino said:
Well, just to add further to the speculation, merc said that he remembered something like vqr. Well this decodes into ide. However, since the dir name is pwn3d then perhaps it was actually qvr, which would be "die". Atleast that has a small correlation to the dir name. Unlikely, but vaguely possible.

Someone needs to e-mail Valve and see if we can't get a full picture of that white board. It was obviously meant to be solved, but seems immpossible with the left part cut off.

actually...i did like 10 minutes ago :rolling:

Sashswash said:
actually...i did like 10 minutes ago :rolling:

Well, let us hope they are merciful and send us one. I really don't care what it says or contains, but it's driving me nuts not being able to figure out the username/password.

SFLUFAN said:
You just know that at Valve right now they're falling all over themselves laughing at us over their beer and pizza knowing full well that we'll spend the entire night trying to decipher the meaning of some squiggles on a whiteboard.

Doug: Hahahaha...I bet they're trying to figure out that crap right now..hahaha.

haha, yea probably.

SFLUFAN said:

They are probably laughing their asses off at our guess of the username/password are. Just laughing how they are so off.

Dedatorv said:
They are probably laughing their asses off at our guess of the username/password are. Just laughing how they are so off.
Or they aren't reading at all and we are speculating over nothing.

underplay said:
Neutrino: i saw that edit ;)

Ya, I misunderstood what he was saying.

Foxtrot said:
Or they aren't reading at all and we are speculating over nothing.

Um, if it's nothing then why did they purposefully put "rot13" on it and then place a welcome to visitors in code along with a URL? I mean, I don't think it's any big deal, but why exactly would they do that if they didn't mean for it to be decoded?

Wow, merc you are a very lucky guy. Thanks for taking the time to respond to all this, you're a good addition to the community ;)

yep.. wow, 20 pages this quickly, insanity :)
You truly are lucky.. I wish I got to playtest HL2
*Shuzer cries in the corner

Merc when you go back. You WILL get a picture of that whiteboard in FULL. Otherwise we may have to set proximity mines around Valve HQ and not let you leave until you do.

merc: does TF2 appear to be HL2's official sanctioned multiplayer component?

Am i the only one that noticed the old/not new chairs in the valve meeting room? every commercial i see about buisnesses there are new chairs....

guinny said:
Merc when you go back. You WILL get a picture of that whiteboard in FULL. Otherwise we may have to set proximity mines around Valve HQ and not let you leave until you do.

Oh ya, that's right. He may be playtesting more. Well if you get a chance to go back merc, then please listen to guinny. You need to get a full pic of that board. :cheers:

guinny said:

not a bad idea. i think we should do it any way... so that no employees will beable to leave untill the games finished :E

The good chairs were broken in fits of rage upon learning of the source code leak.

ARRRRGGGHHH...GABE SMASH!!!

[EDIT]ON SECOND THOUGHT, MERC, JUST FREAKIN' TYPE A REPORT ON YOUR IMPRESSIONS SO I DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THESE ****IN' REPLIES

SFLUFAN said:
The good chairs were broken in fits of rage upon learning of the source code leak.

ARRRRGGGHHH...GABE SMASH!!!

u wouldnt like him when hes hungry....i mean angry

merc has been bussy.

csmerci signed on at 8:26:51 PM.
csmerci signed off at 8:36:11 PM.
csmerci signed on at 8:37:27 PM.
csmerci signed off at 8:39:21 PM.
csmerci signed on at 8:39:27 PM.
csmerci signed off at 8:39:27 PM.
csmerci signed on at 8:42:25 PM.
csmerci signed off at 8:42:27 PM.

guise said:
u wouldnt like him when hes hungry....i mean angry
Hey now, that isn't nice at all. Stereotyping fat people isn't funny.

ive said about all that i can say about the game guys so im just kind of wrapping my talking up... the game is awesome and everyone will love it trust me.. keep trying to figure out the code thing i want to see what is on that password site also.. cya guys around later tonight maybe

-merc

n30n said:
when you get past the url, i wonder what the second test is?

They tempt you with a beta download, and you have to stare at it for an hour or so.

It might be nothing, but anybody else notice all the 4's in the pic?

And the forth word down on cut is hair, and the fourth word down on keep is barney

then theres the add'l hairstyles for barney part..

Probably nothing.. probably, somthing to keep in mind maybe.

merc said:
ive said about all that i can say about the game guys so im just kind of wrapping my talking up... the game is awesome and everyone will love it trust me.. keep trying to figure out the code thing i want to see what is on that password site also.. cya guys around later tonight maybe

-merc
What site?

merc said:

-merc

So, you signed an NDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back