Best. Movie. Ever.

Reaction score
A free to argue thread where you name your favorite movie. If you want name a reason why your film is better than someone elses.

My favorite is Saving Private Ryan.

Only one?

Mulholland Drive or The Big Lebowski

Also for the record

Thin red line > Saving Private Ryan

A free to argue thread where you name your favorite movie. If you want name a reason why your film is better than someone elses.

My favorite is Saving Private Ryan.

I would agree with you, great story, hardcore action, amazing ending. Also Braveheart is in my top 5 as well as Dumb and Dumber for comedy and Holy Grail too. Return of the Jedi for Sci-fi hands down

I would agree with you, great story, hardcore action, amazing ending. Also Braveheart is in my top 5 as well as Dumb and Dumber for comedy and Holy Grail too. Return of the Jedi for Sci-fi hands down

Monty Python and the Holy Grail I would agree is a great comedy. Mullholland Drive doesn't sound like my type of movie, but it got some awards.

One of the reasons I love SPR is because Upham is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

One of the reasons I love SPR is because Upham is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

A coward who abandons his friends at their time of need and goes back upon his own beliefs and morals when it comes to killing unarmed POWs? Fair enough, I guess.

I don't know what the best movie is because I haven't seen half of the films out there in the world and it would be unfair to crown one to rule above them all. However, my favourite film is probably either Brazil, Full Metal Jacket or Aliens.

Apocalypse Now, hands down.
Great soundtrack, great story, great characters, great everything.

Lost in Translation.

Also Braveheart is in my top 5 as well as Dumb and Dumber for comedy and Holy Grail too. Return of the Jedi for Sci-fi hands down

You are sentenced to death by firing squad.

Firing squad would be too light of a punishment.

Probably The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. No idea why really, but I always watch it whenever its on and I never get tired of it.

Read the graphic novel instead. It is several hundred times better. Almost Watchmen good. Almost.

I cba reading the graphic novel I'd rather watch the film.

PDVD_001.jpg

How did possibly guess that you'd dispute my answer?

Read the graphic novel instead. It is several hundred times better. Almost Watchmen good. Almost.

Currently reading through Watchmen and its brilliant. Regret watching V for Vendetta before reading the graphic novel, but still going to pick it up soon. Is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen worth picking up?

I haven't actually read TLOEG, unfortunately. It is definitely on my list. I saw the V movie before I read the graphic novel too, which is definitely a regret, but I had managed to forget most of it by the time I actually got around to reading it and you know, regardless, it's just so much better that you won't find yourself caring too much.

Hah, I loved Minority Report more than most people, but you'd have to give Blade Runner the nod just for shear influence on the genre. It can be a difficult to watch movie, but it's still an important movie.

Also, I didn't even think of The Life Aquatic, but that would certainly be in my running for best comedy. Although the Darjeeling Limited clicked with me also (something about also being one of three brothers).

How did possibly guess that you'd dispute my answer?

See what not reading does? It makes your posts miss words.

Is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen worth picking up?

It's a lot darker, like Invisible Man is like a child rapist, but I thought it really sucked.

Minority Report

....or Blade Runner?

Hah, I loved Minority Report more than most people, but you'd have to give Blade Runner the nod just for shear influence on the genre. It can be a difficult to watch movie, but it's still an important movie.

Read the damn books.

Currently reading through Watchmen and its brilliant. Regret watching V for Vendetta before reading the graphic novel, but still going to pick it up soon. Is The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen worth picking up?

Stay far far away from the atrocious movie.
I've heard good things about the graphic novel though.

/thread, I guess.

Oh, I dunno, maybe The Truman Show.

Yes, absolutely. Get hold of them!

American Beauty but I'm not as strong about that decision as I used to be.

Read the damn books.

I did. :naughty::naughty:

Philip K Dick remains one of my favorites, although I'd actually cite Minority Report as one of those rare instances where the movie is better. The short-story is interesting, but I liked the ideas more than the execution, which is not uncommon for much of Dick's work.

It's certainly true of his short stories, which he generally seems to treat as vehicles for awesome ideas, populated by fairly nondescript characters.

Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood.

Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood.

lol, that movie was so retarded. But I did enjoy it. I love Marlon and Shawn Wayans, but I refuse to watch some of their ultra retarded movies like white chicks. I know they're really subpar actors, but I grew up watching In Living Color(where Jim Carrey become my favorite actor) as well as The Wayans Bros.

Back