BF2 Thread

This is the biggest thread in the history of this this forum. (Game forum)

The_Monkey said:
This is the biggest thread in the history of this this forum. (Game forum)
lol, and so it should be, this going to be the biggest game of this year.

Mr. Redundant said:
I saw a video of some E3 bf2 footage where the bots looked utterly retarded (getting stuck in the flag, not attacking a player that was inches away, generally ignoring the player etc) so the proof of the pudding will have to be in the eating.

although as others have said, why buy a BF game for the SP? hehe, although it is nice to have a coop game once in a while (heard they took that out in BF2 though)

Yeah coop is out. And watch the recent clan vids, the bots are better than BF42, if one has a sniper kit it won't run in the front lines, ai tweaks like that make 'em smarter. But yeah who cares about bots anyway, I haven't even tried the ones in BF:V :LOL:

Add me to Xfire, although I'm not on much

**points to sig**

Gunner said:
Yeah coop is out. And watch the recent clan vids, the bots are better than BF42, if one has a sniper kit it won't run in the front lines, ai tweaks like that make 'em smarter. But yeah who cares about bots anyway, I haven't even tried the ones in BF:V :LOL:
yeah I agree, the bots are better (but that's not really saying much), and the vid I was talking about was from this E3 (E3 2005) so it's pretty recent.

Im just hoping Bf2 delivers as much as it looks like it will, I remember being all amped up for BF:V (an ok game, but meh) and it was merely mediocre (the animations and feel kill it :( )

if it does, we should change this to BF2.net :) :p

Mr. Redundant said:
yeah I agree, the bots are better (but that's not really saying much), and the vid I was talking about was from this E3 (E3 2005) so it's pretty recent.

Im just hoping Bf2 delivers as much as it looks like it will, I remember being all amped up for BF:V (an ok game, but meh) and it was merely mediocre (the animations and feel kill it :( )

if it does, we should change this to BF2.net :) :p

Having played BF:V and BF2, I can say with all confidence that BF2 will deliver. It will meet or exceed your expectations. :)

satch919 said:
Having played BF:V and BF2, I can say with all confidence that BF2 will deliver. It will meet or exceed your expectations. :)
I am going to hold you to that buddy :)

New BF2 vid.

1:30 of commander action - Shakycam with some commentary

It shows UAV a bit, a complete scan and artillery at the end.

AmishSlayer said:
New BF2 vid.

Cool thanks Amishslayer thanks for the link . I f you have time guys go to off topic chat - and post in my DOING A GOOD DEED THREAD . LOL

AmishSlayer said:
New BF2 vid.

From that view the artillery strike looked really unimpressive, unhelpful, and just plain and boring. Didnt look very cool. Im less excited about that part now...but still just as excited about the whole game :bounce:

MilkMan12 said:
From that view the artillery strike looked really unimpressive, unhelpful, and just plain and boring. Didnt look very cool. Im less excited about that part now...but still just as excited about the whole game :bounce:

The artillery strikes will do wonders for when men are going in to take a control point or if there's a choke point. If you're just going after like 1-2 units then it'll be kinda useless.

MilkMan12 said:

I thought it did the job well, looked cool and all, and the guy commenting did say "on the ground you will have uber blurry vision from the artillery shaking, and make it hard to shoot as well" so that sounds neat.

this video got me a lil more excited about the commander mode.

what kind of AMD cpu will i need to run this at high settings smoothly, considering i have a 6800gt and a gig of ram?
I ask because all this extra stuff is going to be a big strain on cpu.

J_Tweedy said:
what kind of AMD cpu will i need to run this at high settings smoothly, considering i have a 6800gt and a gig of ram?
I ask because all this extra stuff is going to be a big strain on cpu.

Probably something like an AMD 2800+ and above. Of course, thats just a guess. If you're that concerned, perhaps you should wait until some benchmarks come out.

WOOT. Just preordered, along with my xbox 360 and perfect dark zero. Its gonna be tight year of gaming.

satch919 said:
Probably something like an AMD 2800+ and above. Of course, thats just a guess. If you're that concerned, perhaps you should wait until some benchmarks come out.

Oh ive already got a A64 3200+ is was just curious- and im stuck with it cos i have no money

J_Tweedy said:
Oh ive already got a A64 3200+ is was just curious- and im stuck with it cos i have no money

You have a A64 3200+ and you're already looking to upgrade? Thats a good processor dude.

gh0st said:
WOOT. Just preordered, along with my xbox 360 and perfect dark zero. Its gonna be tight year of gaming.
Rich bastard! :p
... I need a job. :(

BF2 looks awesome, BTW.

Datrix said:
Rich bastard! :p
... I need a job. :(

BF2 looks awesome, BTW.
It only costs 50 dollars + 5 to preorder each of the games... and all of that goes to the final cost anyway, so I'm not exactly suffering. My job is so shitty that I deserve to waste my money.

gh0st said:
It only costs 50 dollars + 5 to preorder each of the games... and all of that goes to the final cost anyway, so I'm not exactly suffering. My job is so shitty that I deserve to waste my money.
Yeah, well I don't even have that much money. I can't believe I spent $150 on a tent... a tent :|.
I just have to hope that Xbox 360 doesn't turn into another PS2 situation at launch.

Datrix said:
Yeah, well I don't even have that much money. I can't believe I spent $150 on a tent... a tent :|.
I just have to hope that Xbox 360 doesn't turn into another PS2 situation at launch.
Yeah, I decided to hell with waiting in line or waiting for weeks for new shipments. I just hope BF2 is going to tide me over :D it will though!

satch919 said:
You have a A64 3200+ and you're already looking to upgrade? Thats a good processor dude.

Yeah i wasn't looking to upgrade- im just paranoid. thanx for the reassurance :)

downloading, better be worth it, hi everyone btw. *waves* :)

Hello *waves back* :p

Im also downloading the vid....it better be good, or else! *shakes fist*

Back