BF2 Thread

Axyon said:
Love the complete disregard of the 4 line sig rule, guys. Still, it is a special occasion... so what the hell :p
Define line.

AmishSlayer said:
Mine's technically 3 lines...the 3rd just happens to be about the size of 3 :p

EDIT: lol Foxtrot, your sig just blew the right end off my browser window :D
It is fixed :afro:

Foxtrot said:
That is so 4 hours ago.

Yep...SOOOO OLD *yawn*

:p

Any word if the demo will be the kickoff of the ranking system? Or will it just be rank-free servers?

We're not all that far from 1k posts in this thread :) Hell, we could even pass up the Garry's Mod Pic thread, they're sittin' at 1059 replies.

AmishSlayer said:
Yep...SOOOO OLD *yawn*

:p

Any word if the demo will be the kickoff of the ranking system? Or will it just be rank-free servers?

We're not all that far from 1k posts in this thread :)

Maybe the demo will be basic, with one map, no rank system, maybe not all weapons and vehicles.

Or the demo will be the full game with a few maps, full ranks and more.

Your choice ;)

Nabobalis said:
Maybe the demo will be basic, with one map, no rank system, maybe not all weapons and vehicles.

Or the demo will be the full game with a few maps, full ranks and more.

Your choice ;)
I am guessing it will be one full map, just like it will be in the retail version. And probably some single player.

HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw that BF2 went GOLD!!! :bounce: Awesome!!!

I wonder what the release date will be. :rolling:

Foxtrot said:
I am guessing it will be one full map, just like it will be in the retail version. And probably some single player.

I can barley see the writing

satch919 said:
HOLY CRAP!!! I just saw that BF2 went GOLD!!! :bounce: Awesome!!!

I wonder what the release date will be. :rolling:
June 21st

Head over to Planetbattlefield. They link to a compilation vid and a batch of screens that Fileplanet is hosting. D/ling the vid right now and next come the screens.

Gulf of Oman- all weapons/vehicles for that map is the demo. Positive... Scott evans said the demo should release about 2 weeks before the game ships

my 2 cents , demo will come this friday or tuesday ! in store 23 June for UK !

Woah, the vid is 29 minutes long. I'll give the play-by-play :p

1. Starts with menu viewing with guys talking
2. Ingame Spawn interface
3. Playing around ingame for pretty much the rest of the video.

It's too bad that SP will only allow 16 bots, as far as I know atleast, playing on the smallest possible maps, I love playing BF online, but mostly I get to play with dicks that TK you when you "steal" their vehicle :\
Hopefully BF2 will have a nicer community tho.

gold? is that for the US release as well? then how come it's not scheduled to come out till a week after the european version is released?

Gargantou said:
It's too bad that SP will only allow 16 bots, as far as I know atleast, playing on the smallest possible maps, I love playing BF online, but mostly I get to play with dicks that TK you when you "steal" their vehicle :\
With the point system there will be no TKing in this game. You lose 8 points for killing a team mate. You get 2 points for killing someone, 4 for capturing a flag, 1 for resupplying someone, 1 for healing 100 HP, 1 for reparing 100 armor, and 1 for reviving someone.

CptStern said:
gold? is that for the US release as well? then how come it's not scheduled to come out till a week after the european version is released?
Those are just rumors.

Gargantou said:

There will always be assholes like that, I'm sure. I hate it when that happens.

Gargantou said:

Dream on :LOL:

Although the built-in ranking system might prevent some assholes from tking.

It's so annoying playing BF1942 on a Japanese map and taking an airplane, only to have some idiot planting mines infront of the plane because he's pissed of!:\
That's why I prefer playing it at small LANs with friends and bots tho, which sadly won't be possible with BF2, hopefully someone'll make a mod or something that allows it tho.

Nabobalis said:
What happens if it is a accident?

You get to appeal the ranking system's decision by sending a letter to the EA offices...

The Gulf of Oman is the map the guy is playing in the 29 min video. There's some naval ships for the US side with a carrier among them with jets and helos on it :)

This footage is all new to me.

EDIT: VTOL craft on it as well :) - which this guy sucks at flying...

In fact, they suck at flying everything.

Sweet, Lets just hope the demo's out soon.
Any 1 know how many maps are going 2 be in the demo?

can you point me where can i download new vid without GameSpy ID ?

1 map will be in demo.

AmishSlayer said:
The Gulf of Oman is the map the guy is playing in the 29 min video. There's some naval ships for the US side with a carrier among them with jets and helos on it :)

This footage is all new to me.

EDIT: VTOL craft on it as well :) - which this guy sucks at flying...

Can you provide a link plz?

Harryz said:
I'll be judging this on reviews.

Wouldn't you rather judge BF2 by playing the demo?

NikolaX said:
get some , come GET some ! dont you all remeber? --- Full Metal Jacket --- !! f****** coool.
that's exactly why I said it ;P

GOLD wewtspitangzoop!

our time comes my brothers, soon we shall dominate the online arena with our .... YAY BF2 Weeeeeee

Back