BF2 Thread

Axyon said:
Excellent, those are my system specs except for an x800 Pro, which is pretty much parallel to a 6800GT. I shall have my AA!

hmm i dont think you will have AA on x800pro.
x800pro has 12 pipes and 6800GT has 16. x800XL/XT is parallel to 6800GT.

Axyon said:
This nerd's going to put a few bullets in you come demo time :)

Thats funny, you will have to have an awfully good aim to shoot me as a fly overtop bombing your ass... :)

NikolaX said:
hmm i dont think you will have AA on x800pro.
x800pro has 12 pipes and 6800GT has 16. x800XL/XT is parallel to 6800GT.
No, the x800XT is a little more powerful than the GT. The XT/PE are comparable to the Ultra. The x800 is comparable to the 6800GT, even if it's around 5% less powerful. I will have my AA, full stop.

Ritz said:
Thats funny, you will have to have an awfully good aim to shoot me as a fly overtop bombing your ass... :)
A bomber is the one who needs the good aim, I simply need to lock onto you, fire and forget ;)

p4 3ghz
512mb ram
radeon 9700 128mb gfx

will it run, will it run?

I shall have my AA (what does that mean?) and a smooth fps(6800gt, a64 3200+, gig 3200ram) with my setup- thought i should share....:)
john3571000 u will run, dont worry. EA games wouldnt make a game that wouldn't run on a 2 year old computer. They are in the business of selling, after all.

thought so......
gamespy say its gone gold - is it due then end of the month????

john3571000 said:
p4 3ghz
512mb ram
radeon 9700 128mb gfx

will it run, will it run?

YES, of course it will. Will you people stop panicking and spamming the thread with hardware specifications? It's like Halflife 2 pre-release all over again! :LOL:

AA is... I forget what it stands for, but it smooths out the lines on objects, makes it all look abit sharper.

J_Tweedy said:
I shall have my AA (what does that mean?) with my setup- thought i should share....:)
john3571000 u will run, dont worry. EA games wouldnt make a game that wouldn't run on a 2 year old computer. They are in the business of selling, after all.
AA = Anti-Aliasing, basically the smoothing of jagged edges on straight lines and models.

Axyon said:
No, the x800XT is a little more powerful than the GT. The XT/PE are comparable to the Ultra. The x800 is comparable to the 6800GT, even if it's around 5% less powerful. I will have my AA, full stop.

ye whatever m8. i realy dont want to spam it with hardware bs.
AA maybe on 800*600 :naughty:

did you see the IGn vids, they are realy impressive ! and last 2 are :eek:

NikolaX said:
ye whatever m8. i realy dont want to spam it with hardware bs.
AA maybe on 800*600 :naughty:

did you see the IGn vids, they are realy impressive ! and last 2 are :eek:
I just guess we'll see the results in action when the demo comes, 'm8'.

im going to have to buy a new video card for battlefield 2. i know it. geforce ti4400 still chugging along

you are right "m8" demo is soon.
but when you are comparing apples with cheesburgers it's just not funny ;)

and i am not elite pig, like you called me in this tread.

NikolaX said:
you are right "m8" demo is soon.
but when you are comparing apples with cheesburgers it's just not funny ;)

and i am not elite pig, like you called me in this tread.
1. Where am I comparing 'apples' and 'cheeseburgers'?
2. Show me where I called you an 'elite pig'.

i still havnt bought my stuff... :(

i need to find a job quick....

i was doing a first aid course but it finished 2 weeks ago.. and i passed but..

i need money, i want to keep my bank money for driving lessons etc..

JiMmEh said:
He's probably got it set to 40 posts per page like me :D

You should set it to 5 posts per page. Anyway who will be playing the demo when it's out?

Nabobalis said:
Anyway who will be playing the demo when it's out?

What kind of a stupid question is that? Everyone with an internet-connection will at least try this demo.

Shakermaker said:
What kind of a stupid question is that? Everyone with an internet-connection will at least try this demo.

Hehe. :LOL:

Demo is all I get, I'm leaving on the 20th so I won't get to try the full game for a while.

Shakermaker said:

Some of us can't play the demo due to our computer not being able to handle BF yet or lack of time due to work,exams or life.

Nabobalis said:
Some of us can't play the demo due to our computer not being able to handle BF yet or lack of time due to work,exams or life.

Yeah, but we all know you will download it anyways and cry.

Shakermaker said:
lol sore head this morning was it? :cheers:

Gorgon said:
The UK release date is 21-05 correct ?

That's prolly a typo. But yeah, release date is the 21st of june.

@Jimbo: a very sore head. Good party tho!

Gorgon said:
The UK release date is 21-05 correct ?

All the places I've seen say the 24th here. At least it gives me an excuse to buy it, it's me bros birthday :)

Gargantou said:
That sounds pretty weird imo, BF2 doesn't look that good if I'd compare to FEAR, and don't say you can't compare'em(graphics-wise), they're both FPSes, and in the FEAR(Unoptimized ontop of that, atleast it seemed like that) beta I could get a stable 40 FPS with everything maxed at a res of 800x600 on my piece-of-shit comp I think someone with such a "top of the line"(almost atleast) should be able to atleast achieve high in BF2.:p

I guess we'll have to wait for the demo/full version benchmarks.
In FEAR there are like 10 other people on your screen at a time, in this game there can be 63.

for those deciding on going out and buying 6800Gts and the like, wait a couple weeks.

Nvidia is showcasing their next-gen GPU in San Francisco in a couple weeks (june 21 to be exact), when it is released it will be the new high end, and you would be kicking yourself for buying too soon... then again that's what Ima do.... wait a lil.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/02/news_6126883.html

Nvidia has indicated in the past that its next-generation desktop GPU will be similar to the GPU designed for the Sony PlayStation 3.

Mr. Redundant said:
for those deciding on going out and buying 6800Gts and the like, wait a couple weeks.

Nvidia is showcasing their next-gen GPU in San Francisco in a couple weeks (june 21 to be exact), when it is released it will be the new high end, and you would be kicking yourself for buying too soon... then again that's what Ima do.... wait a lil.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/02/news_6126883.html

Only problem is...that new card will be expensive as hell compared to a 6800gt and the gt is the upper end of my little budget I have going for my new computer.

AmishSlayer said:
Only problem is...that new card will be expensive as hell compared to a 6800gt and the gt is the upper end of my little budget I have going for my new computer.
most likely however the price of the 6800gt will drop with the release of their new card (usually how it goes), so either way you win.

Mr. Redundant said:
most likely however the price of the 6800gt will drop with the release of their new card (usually how it goes), so either way you win.

But the price probably won't drop until this new card is actually released. I'm selling this computer at the end of this month and I'll be ordering my new one shortly after. I can't wait around with no gfx card :p

AmishSlayer said:
But the price probably won't drop until this new card is actually released. I'm selling this computer at the end of this month and I'll be ordering my new one shortly after. I can't wait around with no gfx card :p
I remember waiting for the 9800 pro to drop in price after the new cards were released, the price still hasn't dropped.

Foxtrot said:
I remember waiting for the 9800 pro to drop in price after the new cards were released, the price still hasn't dropped.

it debuted at like 500 smackers (what I got mine for), you can pick one up for like $200 bucks now. availability is another matter.

oh well it's good news to me, I was thinking of picking up a console, but if I can get the GPU on my PC... more power to my PC :) (figuratively and literally)

thing is I am going to have to work my ass off to get it, Im going to need an entirely new PC for the Hardware, PCI-Express.

Mr. Redundant said:
it debuted at like 500 smackers (what I got mine for), you can pick one up for like $200 bucks now. availability is another matter.

oh well it's good news to me, I was thinking of picking up a console, but if I can get the GPU on my PC... more power to my PC :) (figuratively and literally)

thing is I am going to have to work my ass off to get it, Im going to need an entirely new PC for the Hardware, PCI-Express.
This was last year, it was about $200 on newegg and it still is.

Back