Company Of Hereos Public Beta

I hate how laggy/buggy the online browser is but im dealing with it, it is a beta after all. Had some extremely fun games today its hard to stop playing. If you havnt tried this or don't plan on it you should be shot.

Sounds like fun. I'd download it, but apparently FilePlanet is down. But it's late anyway, so I wouldn't have any time to play.

What I wanna do is get a 2v2 going, everytime I've hosted/played one, there has always been one player(And ALWAYS on MY team) that drops out :(

Just pre-ordered the game. It should be in shops september 22nd. Can't wait. I haven't been this excited about a game since the BF2 demo.

heheh, funny how this game makes you want to write down your war stories. I finished almost an hour ago and I am re-running the game in my head.

One of the things I really like about this game is how the battlefield changes so drastically during a game. Check this out:
Before the battle
After the battle
The first MP FPS to pull that kind of destruction off has still to be made. Destructable terrain and buildings ftw!

That's insane! o_o

wow looks cool. the way shakermaker describes it almost makes me giddy. i am downloading and hope to play some of you beeyotches.

even though strategy games scare me, i prefer looking my enemy in the eye.

edit: oh wow, this game IS awesome.

God Damn it, I want this game so bad, this looks awesome.
Downloading the Beta now... then hopefully I can play with you guys.

Can't everyone who're in the betas write their ingame nicks so we can try to find eachother? We could try to do a 3v3 :D

PvtRyan taken, so made up a new name: YogHurt :D

finally get a chance to try this today after being bogged down with work and uni shit.

SHAKER I WILL MAKE YOU KAPUT!

finally get a chance to try this today after being bogged down with work and uni shit.

SHAKER I WILL MAKE YOU KAPUT!

My Pershing tanks will be waiting for you. Hopefully the beta runs stable enough for you. I am so in the mood for a game right now. 90 More minutes of work.

Victory Points is also pretty fun, but 500 VP (that a lot of servers have) is a little too low, with that it's just rushing to the nearest VP's with engineers, capping them and building MG bunkers around it. There's no time to develope tanks so you only have to take care of some infantry.

This game is amazing. My game name is, well, Qonfused.

Bah, so frustrating. Such a fun game to play, such annoying circumstances to play in. I've given up now until something improves about stability, it's less stable than a crack whore atm.

Last two games: someone lags out for over a minute, a 'kick vote' gets spammed in your screen every 5 seconds (and it does nothing, havent seen anyone get kicked over it) and suddenly a message pops up "You have been kicked from the game". Doubleyouteeeff, why did I get kicked? Then I go back to Main Menu and the game crashes.

my name is Ennui, i also use SirHC when Ennui gets bugged out.

the crashes and connection problems are annoying but i can't help but play anyway

my name is Ennui, i also use SirHC when Ennui gets bugged out.

the crashes and connection problems are annoying but i can't help but play anyway

Yeah, CoH is a lot like an abusive husband. You just keep coming back to it no matter what it does to you :eek:

# Server load fixes.
# Added different lag thresholds for ranked/non-ranked games. Lag allotments vary as well.
# Increased lag threshold for basic matches.
# Checking for host in disconnection message.
# Fix for showing games that are pending stats arbitration in news game count total.
# Fix for missing stats updates for the host dropping mid game.
# Starting a new game removes you from older games, resulting in faster stats generation
# Automatch totals include matches in stage2 (not just 1) and filter out reaped games.
# Integrating warhammer's sim controller changes.

Well, the patch didn't seem to have fixed things. If anything it made it worse. You now can reach the lobby, but there's still connection problems. And joining a server results in a "shutting down the game" message most of the time. Pfffff

Bah, so frustrating. Such a fun game to play, such annoying circumstances to play in. I've given up now until something improves about stability, it's less stable than a crack whore atm.

lol

yeah bloody connection problems every two seconds, i wanna try it, are the bots any good?

the patch kinda sucks

and there is placeholder ai which kind of sucks, jimbo

Just finished 2 v 2 AI stomp. At first the AI came pounding at us and then it just withers away. Plus the AI builds the MG nests in the wrong direction. I prefer a real person to play against. Got it working yet, Jimbo?

awesome!

tranj was in chat earlier today saying the same :p

i just played an epic 1v1 on semois. i lost, but i fought a damn good fight

Jesus H. Tittyf*cking Christ on a stick. The 2.27 MB patch downloaded faster than it would off most websites, but actually logging in or god forbid, trying to refresh the gameslist or joining a game is like trying to make contact with some spaceprobe in orbit around Jupiter!

I already broke a pen because of this game, don't make me break another one >_<

Regardless, this game is beastly. At least in theory. It's getting closer to what I'd like to see in an RTS. Less control over individual units. Not as much "building" of various things. Not as much resource gathering. None of that stuff is in real war, so I don't really like it in the fake ones either.

dispite itself this game is one of the most fun rts games ive ever played... when its playable. its very frustrating trying to play this game right now.

my ingame name is gh0sthl2

Played a handful of matches earlier and I found the game to be very overwhelming. So many tactical possibilities and opportunities. I think the late game squad cap should be lowered a little.

That being said, depth like that is definately welcome in an RTS game. I'll definately, without a doubt be buying this one. I'm so glad that the genre is moving away from numbers.

Anyone else fearing when this game comes out, it will quickly be dominated by elite players that can zerg rush you down in minutes? I like the slow paced games that you currently have when most are noobs, setting up good defenses in a base, weakening enemy defenses with mortar fire etc. But I just got completely owned in minutes, a guy just ripped up everything I had with a couple of Flakpanzers. I don't like that kind of gameplay, the zerg pace of building as many tanks as possible as fast as possible and attack. I like setting barbed wire/sandbags/tanktraps and small skirmishes. I dont want a Starcraft, I want 3 hour epic battles.

Patch 1.15 is out

# Best rank is communicated when you join the channel, greatly reducing the amount of stats queries.
# Chat channels are now limited to 100 users, this may rise in the future based on server performance.
# 20 chat channels added / renamed.
# Ping volume has been scaled back.
# Performance bars should show again.
# Fix for match browsing missing games you'd previously seen.
# Enabled non blocking calls for multiple server operations.​

Been out for a couple of hours, but didn't fix anything for me, still terrible.

It got worse for me. The Lobby got better, but connection problems are still abundant and even worse: I can't connect to a game anymore. At all. I have been trying for the last hour or so, but no dice. After about 30 seceonds I get a window that says 'Shutting down the game'. Meh.

EDIT lol

ro4vv2.jpg

ro5wn8.jpg

God damn, Im getting so many connection problems too... Often I cant even connect to the lobby.

Ingame name is CrazyJeepDriver If anyone wants to add me, but like I said, I dont think Ill be on much.

Back