Crysis news/info thread

YES! Damn this makes my subscription worth it!!!!

I dont have an account anymore this sucks!!! Hmmm i think my friend does and i live with him SWEET!

Subscribing to video game sites is a waste of money. Gamespot gets an exclusive, IGN gets exclusive, fileplanet gets an exclusive, this-website-i-never-heard-of-before gets an exclusive . . . . you know, if you get REALLY LUCKY you happened to subscribe to the website that got the exclusive.

When in all reality there should be NO EXCLUSIVES, especailyl to websites that take gamer's money by whording stuff. That's why I stick to websites like gametrailers.com.

fileplanet gets all the exclusives!
not saying it's worth it though :p

Subscribing to video game sites is a waste of money. Gamespot gets an exclusive, IGN gets exclusive, fileplanet gets an exclusive, this-website-i-never-heard-of-before gets an exclusive . . . . you know, if you get REALLY LUCKY you happened to subscribe to the website that got the exclusive.

When in all reality there should be NO EXCLUSIVES, especailyl to websites that take gamer's money by whording stuff. That's why I stick to websites like gametrailers.com.

Fileplanet get its all. No other site comes close to what fileplanet gets. Plus no wait time and very fast dls = win.

Well I dont care what anyone says my fileplanet subscription has been more than worth it over the years.

Fileplanet get its all. No other site comes close to what fileplanet gets. Plus no wait time and very fast dls = win.
It's extortion! :'(

I have to say though that fileplanet is certainly the leader of exclusives, all other paid gaming websites are a huge waste. For non-exclusive content, there are much better websites.

I dont really care, seeing as I via a thread on this very site found a way to get a free 1 year subscription to fileplanet, that's right 1 YEAR, it's hidden somewhere in the thread about the BioShock fileplanet demo, so I have even Reserved the Crysis demo!

Crysis: Special Edition contents announced!

This 3-disc set contains a tremendous amount of extras including behind the scenes looks and interviews with the minds behind Crysis at Crytek, and some of the breathtaking art that has had kept people buzzing since the game?s debut. Beyond getting the one of the year?s most anticipated PC games and first person shooters of 2007, the special steelbook box will contain:

* ?Making of Crysis? featurette taking you inside the making of the epic game
* A unique in-game vehicle*
* ?Meet the Developers? vignettes with the lead designers at Crytek
* The initial Crysis concept video that started it all, along with key trailers
* A show reel of original concept and production artwork from the team
* 32 page concept art book
* Official soundtrack of all original music by the award-winning composer Inon Zur (past video game credits include Baldur?s Gate II, Prince of Persia and Everquest II)

NICE SHIT!

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=433

I dont really care, seeing as I via a thread on this very site found a way to get a free 1 year subscription to fileplanet, that's right 1 YEAR, it's hidden somewhere in the thread about the BioShock fileplanet demo, so I have even Reserved the Crysis demo!

Seems I was too late for the *bug* ;(

Shall I post a link to the same movies too..? ;p

Sweet Baldheaded Christ, CG water has never looked so inviting. The first thing I'm gonna do is jump on in and look at all teh fishies.

Holy Shit At The ****ing Trailer This Game Will ****ing Rule !!!!!!!!!

That ice footage vid had me stunned for the first few seconds it was so photorealistic. Amazing. Nothing will come close to this in years.

The gameplay in that vid coulda been some kind of first person Galaxian :D

I liked the trailer also but not keen on the way they made it look like gameplay - they added a lot of polish that just won't be in the final release. Still, it isn't that far off reality to really matter.

All I hope is that it's well optimized, far too many PC games are being released in a state where they appear to have recieved almost no optimization at all, if I cant run this game at all settings on medium at 1024x768 with 4x AA and 16x AF in DX9 mode I will be a very mad person.

All I hope is that it's well optimized, far too many PC games are being released in a state where they appear to have recieved almost no optimization at all, if I cant run this game at all settings on medium at 1024x768 with 4x AA and 16x AF in DX9 mode I will be a very mad person.
I completely agree with this. I'm all for better graphics, but for Gods sake, it should still be scalable.

you people should go to youtube and search fr the cryeditor for crysis, really interesting how easy the maps are to make for those forests..

goddamit, my system will melt if I play this game..

The graphics are absolutely amazing. But after watching the 3 gameplay videos Eurogamer has put online, this game is basically Far Cry on Ice, with what looks like trigens(aliens) that can shoot.

The aliens leap at you and do a ton of damage per hit, and they bounce and shoot at you. Basically a combination of the first two trigens from Far Cry.

Could be a bad thing. Could be a good thing.

At least the engine is guaranteed to be ****ing amazing.

That ice footage vid had me stunned for the first few seconds it was so photorealistic. Amazing. Nothing will come close to this in years.

The gameplay in that vid coulda been some kind of first person Galaxian :D

I liked the trailer also but not keen on the way they made it look like gameplay - they added a lot of polish that just won't be in the final release. Still, it isn't that far off reality to really matter.

The only thing i saw was when he put his hands up to stop the flying car. The car flipping tho can happen in the game.

Cool graphics, lame combat. The aliens just kind of sit there and shoot at you or pounce at you for instakill.

Far Cry 2 developer interview. I know it has nothing to do with Crysis, but while we are at discussing Farcry 2 il just go ahead and post it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnywiozic9M[/YOUTUBE]

Seems the Cryengine 2 has some compertition :)

The alien combat has me a little worried that it might end up like the mutant combat in Farcry, which would be a real shame

The alien combat has me a little worried that it might end up like the mutant combat in Farcry, which would be a real shame

I doubt its anything like farcry mutant combat. I just want to get a hold of a demo is that to much to ask for.

I dont doubt, it looks just like it, and this is what I expected from hte beginning, for it to be a decent techdemo, just like Far Cry.

Back