Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo on the 20th

Seriously, how many times did the developers say it wouldn't be dumbed down for consoles in interviews? They have the nerve to say that and deliver this s*hit? I'm just so pissed off right now, and seriously scared for Thief III since A) it uses the exact same engine B) is coming out for the X-Box C) is being developed by these guys.

dont be scared there are more games than what IS makes. We have stalker!, which has a pretty cool inventory system and insanely good potential. And a game called hl2 also!

I know!

oh of cause it wasnt dumbed down for consoles. I get it now. They secretly meant its dumbed down for EVERYONE.
The games mags are gona have a field day with this piece of shit!

Sorry but I can't stand what they have done.

GOD DAMN IT!!!! lol

I thought this demo would make me happy until Deus Ex 2 comes out and then that until HL2 or whatevers next.

But please, what now eh?
Sleep?
Work?
Neither seem to appealing

well....

sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!

It would make an interesting comparison for someone to play it on the Xbox, do you reckon all the shit things will still be present?

I especially like how the guards handles a hacked sentry gun...

guard1: so like dude, this new "Busted" album totally rocks!

guard2: yeah I know...I already bought three copies, one for my stereo and one for the car and one...uh for the other stereo...

Sentrygun: *robotic noises*

guard1: did you just say something?

guard2: yeah I SAID I JUST BOUGHT THREE COPIES!!! dude you gotta go see a doctor with that hearing problem you've been having lately...

guard1: no no...ah nevermind...

Sentrygun: *robotic voice* TARGET AQUIRED!!!!

guard1: did you hear something???

guard2: I dunno...probably just a cat...

Sentrygun: *rotating barrel winding up* BLAM BLAM BLAM RATYATATATATATATATATATATATATA!!!!!

guard2: ouch! I think somethigns wrong with the sentry gun!

guard1: you think so?

guard2: yeah...you think we should call a tech???

guard1: that was a reth...erh...rith...reticule question!!! shut up and shoot!

guard2: shouldn't we be heading for cover or something?

guard1: no no... Sentryguns don't have good eye-sight, if we stand still it might not see us...

sentrygun: RATATATATATATATA BLAM BLAM BOOM!!!!!

guard1: *starts to breakdance*

guard2: *gets a seizure*

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
I agree, the text is really really annoying.
But thats not even the beggining really now is it........

I hate consoles. Look what they have done to a great game!!!

The term you are looking for is ****ed it in the ass I believe.

Well let me put it his way mchammer75040:

I am usually a calm collected voice on these forums right?
Well I think I am anyway :p

well, Do I sound calm and collected when I say that:

THIS DEMO IS A DISGRACE THE NAME OF DEUS EX THE ORRIGINAL

omg...im sad then....:( damn i was lookin forward to this, eh i guess releasing a demo was a bad move on their part lol. Is it that the game sucks or is it ust a buggy ass demo?

Originally posted by mchammer75040
wow is the demo that bad?

You remember how bad Devastation was? It's worse..........:dozey:

I think the strict X-Box console gamer is going to like DX2 since it's so...consolish. I mean, it was obviously made for the X-Box first and foremost. The PC version seems almost like an afterthought.

right this just takes the piss:

I signed up to the eidos forums and now they keep sending me emails when i get a responce on a thread i post on. AND I CANT DISABLE IT.

why me................. :(

And I still have a slight tiny little bit of hope left for the full game.
But not much :(

Originally posted by mchammer75040
omg...im sad then....:( damn i was lookin forward to this, eh i guess releasing a demo was a bad move on their part lol. Is it that the game sucks or is it ust a buggy ass demo?

Unfortunately it's the former rather than the latter. They seem to be putting a brave face on it at the Edios forums (the fanbois are raving about the physics, as if they are anything new).

I can imagine it now

Supertrooper saying "WTF ****IN PIECE OF **** DEMO BE THIS ENEMLIES!!!!!???!! I THOGHT THIS ****IN GAME FUN WOULD BE :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :flame: :flame: :angry: :flame:"

LAMO

Well you just cheered me up a little.

I think now is a good time for me to sleep. Its 1 o clock here and I have stayed up enough to complain. But don't worry, i'll b bk tomorrow morning to complain all over again if neccesery

what are the adresse to their forum...I feel a sudden urge to go and tell them not to **** Thief3 up like this...and also like to see the fans response...

tips:
1. turn off the BLOOM option in the video menu (this places a shader akin to that the mirrors have in MP2.. so they are trying to give free AA, but it just makes it looks like shite)

2. turn off multisampling (I think this is what they call AA in-game... but its useless, it doesnt effect the visuals it just kills fps, rather use AA settings in your vid cards options menu)

3.Play on Realistic... I dont know why... it doesnt help any... lol

4. DONT BOTHER downloading this if you have a crappy rig, and dont even bother sitting through the download time if you have a shite connection.

The demo is amazingly short, and although you could technically do things however you want... killing everything that moves is easier, and theres really no incentive to do it any other way.

oh and my last tip,
uninstall this piece of garbage and look forward to Far-Cry (q1 2004) and HL2 (who the hell knows)
:D

oh and what I meant by lack up bumpmaps was: in the screenshots they published before it looked as though the models were nicely bumpmapped and so were the weapons etc, however ingame regardless of texture resolution, they are not.

there is however bumpmapping but its used so sublty (incorrectly?) that you wont notice it, therefore a feature that consumes CPU/vid power for no reason.
I was more impressed by the damn Lithtech engine (when I played AVP2 through again recently) then I am with this ...this
erk

Originally posted by Mr. Redundant
side doesnt load for me :?
could you just copy and paste? Im interested to hear what he said.
What he basically said was "i think this post at halflife2.net says it all..."
then he pretty much just put your post on the thread:cheese:

Wow that was just bad! The controls are terrible and I shot a guy 5 times in the head and he still didn't die. Way too slow and ugly. I really can't stand this demo.

Originally posted by Mr. Redundant
side doesnt load for me :?
could you just copy and paste? Im interested to hear what he said.

He said "I think this post from halflife2.net sums it up pretty well" and then quoted a post I made here earlier. It was kind of funny to see someone on a distant forum quoting my post.

i just downloaded it... ;(.....
/me puts princess leia outfit on
help farcry in q1 2004, you're my only hope!

so horrible! please eidos.... make this a PC game with a patch or two.... and those patches should be mailed to us on a CD cause they better be 600 MB EACH!!! :flame: :flame: :flame:

2003 has been the year of shitty sequels..

2004 will not. Hl2/doom3/ all gonna own and some good movie sequels commin too

oh and stalker ownz far cry :)

.. i felt like i was playing that old-ass game called kingpin that had the cypres-hill beats in it. wasn't so much that the game was ostensibly terrible, just really really boring. who put that demo togther? didn't feel anything like the original deusex to me.. :(

I uninstalled the game after playing for 2 minutes.. I dunno, I played Deus Ex atleast for an hour before I got bored (playing SS2 now, that's alot of fun :))

Edit: Yes, hunter, I hope Far Cry saves the day too :) I'm really looking forward to it, looks like so much fun

well, I'm downloading it now at about 600 k, with no wait time!

Heheh I wonder who signed up to the Eidos Forums just to complain and quoted someone from this thread.........

Might just have been me if i remember what happend once I got mad!

Seriously though bk on topic, I am still bitterly dissapointed at what could have been great.

I suggest you all sign up on the Eidos forums and take part in the poles there such as "Should localised damage be put back in the game"
Where 87% of people said YES YES YES!

Found a sort of fix for the controls resetting all the time. Just go to My Documents> Deus Ex Invisible War Demo, right-click on the file user.ini and select Properties. Uncheck the box next to Read-Only and you're set. Video, Audio and all that crap still reset every time you start the game, but your key-map stays the same.

Originally posted by Lil' Timmy
.. i felt like i was playing that old-ass game called kingpin that had the cypres-hill beats in it. wasn't so much that the game was ostensibly terrible, just really really boring. who put that demo togther? didn't feel anything like the original deusex to me.. :(

No way! I loved the Kingping demo, it was fantastic. Violence, swearing and gang wars... I really should have bought retail.

did any1 have the nerve to finish trhe DX:IW demo?
i wouldn't mind finishing it.... but it's damn hard even on easy

Originally posted by thehunter1320
did any1 have the nerve to finish trhe DX:IW demo?
i wouldn't mind finishing it.... but it's damn hard even on easy

Yeah, I found it pretty easy on hard actually. Get your hands on the shotgun or security bot and you're home free. Go back to Sid and he tells you to meet him at the launch pad, you do so and it ends. Meh.

/me does what abom said to do
will a flamethrower work???
/me uses flame thrower
ok, dun... it's kinda funny when Sak is on fire "AH, I'm BURNING ON FIRE!" she pauses walks around then repeats... actually... kinda sad what they did to poor old DX:IW

ever since i saw the new HUD and some of the newer screen shots I lost my enthusiasm for this game. After reading your posts I'v stopped downloading the demo and feel like shooting whoever made the xbox.

I'm seriously ****ing worried about what the Xbox might do to HL2 now or Doom3 for that matter. I wish PC developers would just not even consider a console version and if they do, they should do it after the PC version has been released so it is completely uneffected.

yup

I had such high high hopes....

They are all gone :(

Why oh why did they have to ruin the game like this!!!

I mean come on!!! For goodness sakes!!!

They said they didnt dumb down for the console version:
MY ASS! lol

Back