E3 2004 Video - Better Quality

Done here too ...

I will stay on for a couple of days if my machine doesn't crash.

So get on with tha leechin' baby :D

/edit: FARK! IT'S IN FARKING GERMAN!! CRAP!
Someone leech the soundtrack off one of the others please, this is unbearable

/edit2: She does indeed shut up, you only need to mute the first part

****ing christ!!

...i didn't know it was gonna be in german......

Ok got the file. Now.... How do i open it? Do i have to rename it to something?

wait, i'm a noob with torrent. how do you watch the video once its done?

Sai said:
****ing christ!!

...i didn't know it was gonna be in german......

I posted a few pages back. And it's only the beginning, a short story about Half-Life 2's engine. It's over before Gordon gets at the fence-area, where there's NO GUY in the bin :p

im noob too, but im guessing with a video player just like every other video

I've seen it now. It wasn't that much better, but still, I've found something to to today!

it's 4 mins shorter, anyone any idea what's missing?

Anyway, I can delete the 700+MB file now and this one is only 300+. So that's at least some improvement :p

67 seeds btw :p

The german voice isn't that bad.. :) I know enough german to know exactly what she's saying :p

There you go another seed complete - I'll leave this running for a while but I'm limiting the B/W

DeltaBlast said:
it's 4 mins shorter, anyone any idea what's missing?
the loading times and game switching times are edited out

(IE: VU demo to CS:S transition)

EDIT: ....... stop defying me! with your fancy "T|-|3|235 |\|0 G|_|\| 1|\| T|-|3 |31|\|!1111111" and your posting to minutes ahead of me

41.1%

DL'ing at 25 KB (equivalent of wow in BT)

edit: 904th post

edit 2: Hey, just a question, is the file a quicktime or windowsmedia movie?

80 seeds? Are you downloading from a different tracker, because I've only 17 seeds

This is a Divx codec. Ooo anything thats in .avi format is good quality too!

Im done, I'll leave it on for awhile, might need to turn it off if my dad starts complaining about slowness :p But I'll leave it on during the night.

GG everyone.

We went through some tough times back there with 1 seed, .02kb download speeds, i doubted the effectiveness of BT but was reassured by Qwerty and his helpful insight into this situation.

GG!!!

That was OK...there's some interesting stuff you miss out on with the FP video but the VO at the start and cropping is annoying.

hool10300 said:
This is a Divx codec. Ooo anything thats in .avi format is good quality too!

Actually, my experience with DivX when converting from the Gamespy was a loss of quality and pixelated-ness in high-motion scenes.

I'll tell you now, I KNOW for a fact that the DVD is much sharper than this. Oh well, smaller than the Gamespy and better quality. I know I was not expecting super-sharpness.

Aah well. The zipped file was 1kb smaller than the actual avi lol. :s
But it looks a lot brighter and cleaner than the gamespy one (especially when it came to seeing the glass doors, very nice).

The sounds poop, which is a shame really. They musta had their microphone aimed directly at the screen...

The reason is doesn't run as long is because they've cut out the bits where the levels are loading up...notice the bit where Gabe mentions multiplayer is missing.

The german voice over was a bit unnecessary, surely they could have said what they wanted to say in a shorter time and without cutting over the G-man and the npc's?

Edit: Almost forgot! The guy in the bin was just a reflection from the ceiling! Huray! Lol. Welldone to all the people that thought there was someone hiding inside of it! We salute you!

SubKamran said:
Actually, my experience with DivX when converting from the Gamespy was a loss of quality and pixelated-ness in high-motion scenes.

I'll tell you now, I KNOW for a fact that the DVD is much sharper than this. Oh well, smaller than the Gamespy and better quality. I know I was not expecting super-sharpness.

The motion doesn't look much/any better on DVD then in the DivX-version, honestly.

Burning Fish said:
The motion doesn't look much/any better on DVD then in the DivX-version, honestly.

But I don't think it pixelates in the DVD does it? That was a major drawback when I was converting the old one.

SubKamran said:
But I don't think it pixelates in the DVD does it? That was a major drawback when I was converting the old one.

Pixels are less in the DVD-version, but the difference is almost not noticable unless you're really looking for it. Guess that's just DivX, I don't think highering the kbps would make any difference.

Burning Fish said:
Pixels are less in the DVD-version, but the difference is almost not noticable unless you're really looking for it. Guess that's just DivX, I don't think highering the kbps would make any difference.

You're right, thanks for the video! :D It's much better than the FP one :bounce:

Im at that maddening point of >99.5%, but its either not DLing or going at 1-5 kbps with 177 sources. doh.
lol

Back