easter egg ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Fat Duck said:
bicka what filter did you use to get that image

I'm using paint shop pro 8 so I got the simple option of selecting the area and choosing 'enhance image'

It basically does these things:

auto colour balance,
auto contrast,
clarify,
auto sat,
edge perserving,
and finally, sharpen

So I just ran that a few times to a decent level.

Its a lazy way to do it but it gives results:
http://bickabic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/autum.jpg
http://bickabic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/black.jpg
http://bickabic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/toyplane2.jpg
http://bickabic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/teamup.jpg

I took these one my old ti4400 before its memory fooked up...Really should try and get some with full AA and AF on :naughty:

just watch the video

oh ,and i e-mailed gabe ,so we shall see :smoking:

if its not a wine bottle its a soda pop bottle or a bottle of something else that comes in bottles

you guys are dumb, wait till the binks come out and you will feel stupid... a guy hiding in a trashcan... cmon. dont you think someone would notice? no its not a reflection... there are no reflections of gordon, not even shadows, remember?

whatever it is - it moves! LOL that duck bill-hand-hev suit moved while gordon walked pass through it OMG WTF!?!!!11

It almost looks like the Quake I guy ... maybe it's a tribute like DMC :)

ROFLMAOOMGWTFBBQ!!!!
Hes the guy that coughs when you walk past. And yes he does move, and yes thats hillarious.

SnowBall said:
ROFLMAOOMGWTFBBQ!!!!
Hes the guy that coughs when you walk past. And yes he does move, and yes thats hillarious.

Quick Robin! To the therapy room!

it looks like he's got his hand kinda sliding off his face or something

he's moving alright, and I do believe he/it goes "shhh shhh" as you walk buy, while moving somthing like a hand over his mouth.

it's in the place where reflection could be but trash cans are not chromed bling bling thingies and you can see it from far away actually so it's difinetely not that. if it's some guy then it's so ****ing weird to have him there: he's not exactly in bin's gape, he's moving, he's too visible to guards not to spot him right away, and finally he's too big for the trash can. trailer train vagon bug anyone?

jggibz said:
he's moving alright, and I do believe he/it goes "shhh shhh" as you walk buy, while moving somthing like a hand over his mouth.

:D

10 characters

Oh dear lord. Have pity on us, for those who desire things that cannot be delivered shall have a brain haemorage and think trash is actually a person. It's a talking bin!! This is the bestest game ever!!11

It's a reflection. Of what, I don't know, but it does move slightly as if it was on a curved surface. It is not a man!! Why would a man hide in a bin right under the Combines noses?!! They can see through a chain-link fence you know!!

Now its late. Lets all get some sleep and we'll forget this ever happened. *pats all*

Definitly just trash.

The player would have DEFINATLY looked at it if it were a guy. He didn't even nudge, just straight forward.

Good point eh?

U know it could almost make sense, what with the old HL1 gag where the scientist was hiding in the bin, but I just can't see everyone who watched it on the bigscreen not mentioning it. *I'm going insane*

I've watched it about 50 times in a row on the gamespot version, and I am so confuzzled!!!! :x

wow too bad, it really is just bottles, i bet it will be easier to see when we get the high quality vids, but its deff not a person...or gordon morphing into a duck...geezus

holy shit. There is a guy in there, and he does move his hand to make a shushing noise.
Ah well, we'll find out whenever HL2 comes out *cough*cough* :naughty:

jggibz said:

its the bottle reflecting light as you pass...maybe, hell i dont even know anymore its looks different each time i watch it

look at it just as gordon turns. It may have been a trick of the eye but it think a spot of yellow may have moved or curved away just as Gordon turns the corner and Breen says the word "Call" The "man in the garbage can" looks to be having his hand on his chin, then removing it as gordon walks past.

I think its the easter egg :p

All linked with the scientist in the garbage can in Half-Life :stare:

ughh, i cant believe i looked.... anyhow first glance i was fooled but its definitly glair. just goto the spot and tap the arrow keys.

someone needs to make an animated gif of it :naughty:

It's just human nature to try and make thing out as human faces...that's why there is the face-on-the-moon thing, and the face on mars and what not. We always try to tie an abstract image with something familiar.

I think maybe... it's a glass cup or something on top of the trash can, and the other thing is a sticker or something. And when he walks by the trash, the glass reflects, so it looks like something's moving.

You should probably remove that from your Sig. Four line max for sigs here. You're hitting around 15.

edit - watching that gif, It IS a person. You can see it so clearly

This is the Kikizo version of the trailer, and it's nice and bright, and you really can see something move when gordon walks past it. The trailer is here. Just look for the Kikizo e3 2004 vid.

Edit: I just realized that the first thing i'm going to do after I start the game for the first time is head straight for that garbage can... :upstare:

God damn after watching that gif I'd say it was really the g-man in there!!!!!!!!!!

He's watching Gordon!!!!!!!!! The clever git!

Now that I see that it's an actual person in there, it makes me wonder why I never caught that before. Every time I watch that segment now I look at the trashcan. It's creeping me out the level of detail that's in this game.

EDIT: So that's why there was all that garbage on the floor...

What would happen if you pushed the can over?

Hopefully he'd fall out, Combine soldiers would come and start beating him with their sticks and drag him off - and then they'd let you pass through the gate and give you a medal :).

A True Canadian said:
Now that I see that it's an actual person in there, it makes me wonder why I never caught that before. Every time I watch that segment now I look at the trashcan. It's creeping me out the level of detail that's in this game.

EDIT: So that's why there was all that garbage on the floor...

There really isn't anyone in there. look at my piccy from before that I enhanced.

that gif image link dont work...man,I cant see nothing in the trash...

Still working for me...your comps got serious problems if it can't even view a gif file :s

wait, is that real or not??? because my version of the video is very different from that.... did you do something?

EDIT: nm, explained w/ different version post...

I can make out a grinning face turning to look at you, and nothing more.

"Quoth the trash can, shh."

*caw*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back