(fake post??) HL2 will be going gold on Monday. (or will it?)

I can do a great Goldmember impression, though I suck at doing his laugh, but that's where my brother excels. He can almost do the exact same laugh, it's hilarious.

"I am from Holland. Ischn't dat veird?! Ahaha! Yesh!"

abconners said:
I would laugh my ass off if they decided to say "Just kidding" about the gold statement.
I would go on a killing spree.

hahaha i'm sure gabe knew that that little post was gonna drive the whole community crazy ... it'll probably be on the BBC or news sites by tomorrow morning

I can't believe it. I don't really have any words atm..

YESKASJDSAJ!

guinny
Hydra True man, your right about the ATI, Would you think upgrading from a 9800pro to x800xt is a wise idea? im considering just being patient and waiting for the next best thing but im not sure, as long as i can play hafllife2 on HIghest settings without ANti Aliesing <-- if u can spell that off the top of your head, here is a cookie

notice how the ign post says it could be anywhere from a couple weeks to months for the game to be in stores but the gamespot post says it could be here as earlier as next week lol. i love the uncertainity.

aeroripper said:
hahaha i'm sure gabe knew that that little post was gonna drive the whole community crazy ... it'll probably be on the BBC or news sites by tomorrow morning

Naw, not the BBC. Maybe the release, but not a Gold *announcement* (note it's not even gold yet).

D@Linkwent said:
guinny
Hydra True man, your right about the ATI, Would you think upgrading from a 9800pro to x800xt is a wise idea? im considering just being patient and waiting for the next best thing but im not sure, as long as i can play hafllife2 on HIghest settings without ANti Aliesing <-- if u can spell that off the top of your head, here is a cookie

well....i went from a 9800 pro to that, and i noticed an incredible difference, so yea, if u have the money, id recommend it.

otomo said:
notice how the ign post says it could be anywhere from a couple weeks to months for the game to be in stores but the gamespot post says it could be here as earlier as next week lol. i love the uncertainity.

"Early as next week"?? No way in hell. NONE. Unless they really get their act together, and manage to release that quickly on steam... but I doubt it.

aeroripper said:

Half life 2 is going gold on monday, in other news, 100 people died in a horrible bus acident in India which might start world war 3.

The Mullinator said:
HAH! I guess a mid september release isn't so unlikely after all.

This also makes me wonder if the next PC Gamer really will be reviewing HL2.

Well they want to do a worldwide release(ala Blizzard). Lame because that will make it longer but who knows. I'm guessing Sept 24-27 time period for world wide release. I hope I'm wrong and it happens sooner.

D@Linkwent said:
I just wish i coulda skipped all the hype and froze myself Cryogenically so that this whole year delay seemed like a nice nap :p

You're the type that wants one of those magic ball of yarn dealies where you pull the string and skip the hard parts of life: you'll pull so fast you'll wake up and find yourself in the year 2058, 87-years-old and shriveled, and I'll say, 'Look what you've done, wasted your life...' 'STFU, asshat, I'm playing HL17!'

ShadowFox said:
Dude.. think positive! If they miss the date, you have have many accompanying you in the bitching.

heh, I didnt mean to come off as negative, I was just calling it as I see it.

I still like Valve, and will LOOOOVE HL2, and its mods.
I said it because there was a lot of discussion about people who got angry at valve.

I was merely saying, THIS is why.

That is an excellent point Mullinator!

Now a PCG HL2 review doesn't seem to far fetched. It also doesn't seem as exciting. :)

not really, in the time when i wish i was frozen ive been going to the gym 5 days a week, ive gotten from 120 pounds to an incredible 155 in 1 year, so next time you judge someone think about what you have done to make yourself seem BIGGER than the person you are talking about..

ahh if it is in the next issue i don't want to read it! I read its first doom3 review that was doom3 (honestly i don't think that was as bigly (SP?) anticipated as this game

Mr Neutron said:
You're the type that wants one of those magic ball of yarn dealies where you pull the string and skip the hard parts of life: you'll pull so fast you'll wake up and find yourself in the year 2058, 87-years-old and shriveled, and I'll say, 'Look what you've done, wasted your life...' 'STFU, asshat, I'm playing HL17!'

dont pull too hard either, you might strain it.

oh wait I think we are on two different topics, my bad.

Did they ever say how long the average play time of half life2 was gonna be? from start to finish in hours? I think it'll take forever for me i could play with that manipulator thing for hours.

Sent : Saturday, August 28, 2004 9:22 AM
To : "ctarkin" <[email protected]>
Subject : GOLD?

No, it's 100% fake.

-----Original Message-----
Hello Gabe, I've just read the thread in hl2fallout about HL2 going gold on monday.
As a hardcore fan I must ask: IS THIS REAL?

Thanks for the kickass game
Chris 'tarkin'
-------------------------------

WHAT THE HELL!!! FROM THE VALVE INFO THREAD!! HOPE ITS NOT TRUE!!!!!!11

D@Linkwent said:
not really, in the time when i wish i was frozen ive been going to the gym 5 days a week, ive gotten from 120 pounds to an incredible 155 in 1 year, so next time you judge someone think about what you have done to make yourself seem BIGGER than the person you are talking about..

well done bro, heh I did the same, I dropped the extra weight I was carrying as well.

last year when the delay was announced, I started going to gym again, started playing airsoft and hanging out with friends more.
:cheers: keep up the great work :)

yes, ok, good news. finally something to post about after months of crap clogging the pipes.

and BTW, can someone paste in the quote from valve. the message boards are borked. thanks.

ctarkin said:

No, it's 100% fake.

Hello Gabe, I've just read the thread in hl2fallout about HL2 going gold on monday.

Chris 'tarkin'
hmmmmmmm......

That guy has 1 post, I have a feeling he is messing with us.
But you never know.

yea...looks real. :-\

and its his first post. yea he isnt obvious. :rolleyes:

mods....kill him.

WEll, considering Valve and its wonderful team does everything it should, Halflife2 should have a good amount of Playing around time and story time, If everything is Interactive then u could go around breaking everything and slapping everyone :),eastly adding a few hours or so

chimpmunk said:

No, it's 100% fake.

Chris 'tarkin'

1. He was BSing you.
2. You're BSing us.
3. Everyone's BSing everyone.

4. VALVe's got TWO minutes to make a public anouncement and clean this up.

;)

Once the next issue of PCG is out, I'm outta here, it will be spoilers galore.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE.

-merc

No, it's 100% fake.

Chris 'tarkin'

thats fake its from a 1 poster newb

Back