Far Cry - Released for free.

Tried Ghost Recon out. The advertising is kinda annoying, but you get used to it. In the game however, I am a total tactical noob. On my first try, all of my soldiers save one were killed by enemies I cant even see. Plus the radar (the circle bit at the bottom) confuses me a lot.

Cant wait to try C&C as well!

Ads aren't too bad. Far Cry's a decent shooter. Too bad its mod scene never picked up.

Tried Ghost Recon out. The advertising is kinda annoying, but you get used to it. In the game however, I am a total tactical noob. On my first try, all of my soldiers save one were killed by enemies I cant even see. Plus the radar (the circle bit at the bottom) confuses me a lot.

Cant wait to try C&C as well!

hehe, just wait till you get to mission 3. I'm stuck on it now. 2 4 man patrols of Russians to start with, 2 T-72s, 20/30+ guys backing them up plus some guys who just seem to spawn out of nowhere. Damn tricky.

I think the Radar/compass thingy at the bottom points you in the direction of your objective(s) and might also show you the direction gunfire is coming from.

why is farcry a completely different game on the PC?

I suck at RTS' and I got owned on the third mission of C&C :(

hehe, just wait till you get to mission 3. I'm stuck on it now. 2 4 man patrols of Russians to start with, 2 T-72s, 20/30+ guys backing them up plus some guys who just seem to spawn out of nowhere. Damn tricky.

I think the Radar/compass thingy at the bottom points you in the direction of your objective(s) and might also show you the direction gunfire is coming from.

Heh, the closest I've gotten to finishing the first mission is going alone as a sniper. For some reason I do a lot better, cause I can actually see people before they see me.

why is farcry a completely different game on the PC?

Because it was released as a different game on the XBOX, simple as that.

I was super-stoked to replay Far Cry, but jesus christ that McDonald's ad just adds insult to injury whenever I have to reload for whatever reason (usually cause I died cause, you know, it's Far Cry). The more I see it, the more I want to boycott them.

Too bad I missed the guy who was trying to post a how-to on getting rid of the adverts in this thread. :(

I just got an idea: You can throw rocks as diversions in far-cry. Why didn't they replace that model with a stick of Mentos?

subtle advertising as in random product posters or are you going around killing people with pepsi cans?

:cheese:

One of my mates threw a full can at another mates face. It was the most random sh*t to ever happen when I was in high school

what a waste of pepsi...and his face

For mediocre games this sounds good. For actually good games I'd prefer to just pay full price.

May have A LOT of start up advertisement (*cough* splintercell *cough*) and a 20 second wait with offers before the game starts. I'll post back if someone doesn't in the next 50mins

Edit:// 160mins :(

May have A LOT of start up advertisement (*cough* splintercell *cough*) and a 20 second wait with offers before the game starts. I'll post back if someone doesn't in the next 50mins

Edit:// 160mins :(

Menu screens have advert banners, and there's adverts that play in the load screens.

Weird, I got past the Pier level and now I don't see the ads much at all.

Bahahaa... i would have had no problems with the ads.. but get this, so i install it right? I boot it up, and my firewall says " farcry.exe is trying to access the internet allow it?" i say no, i have been playing and haven't seen a single advertisement.

Just crashes whenever. Maybe because I got a program running in the background.

Where can I d/l this? I'm hearing that it was a labor day thing only and filenazi just directs me to the main page.

Where can I d/l this? I'm hearing that it was a labor day thing only and filenazi just directs me to the main page.

They took the thing off until they find a way to put up a country specific IP-blocker on the thing. Looks like they seriously want this to be US only. :|

I wouldn't bother, if you try to install it, it still ask for a Ubisoft account and when you enter one the annoying message about not being in U.S. will pop up. They completely disabled the online activation that it requires.

I wouldn't bother, if you try to install it, it still ask for a Ubisoft account and when you enter one the annoying message about not being in U.S. will pop up. They completely disabled the online activation that it requires.
Yea, umm.....I just found this out. :(:angry: Any way around this bs? Like a private server or something? *Wtf this is filenazis fault on their end?

Looks like I wasted a good few hours downloading this bullshit, it was a special "Labor Day Weekend" deal and the games are no longer free.. a Ubi rep recommended people stop hosting the files as they are no longer available as part of the special promotion.

Free games.........

For a weekend

For U.S. residents only.

For U.S. residents only.

Heh, thats the thing, they wanted it for U.S. only but it was bypassed with a simple change in people's profile. It'll be back soon depending on how long it takes to implement this IP-Blocker.

For the lucky ones with the game unlocked, I hear it was possible to rid of ads by running FRAPs in the background or installing menu skins.

And there's another much easier way to bypass it too.

But for some reason it's considered 'illegal' around these parts, but come on who's gonna know?

Is Ghost Recon Co-Op any good? I absolutely LOVE Co-Op games.

Hidden & Dangerous? Played all the levels online :D
Lego Stars Wars 1&2? Fully completed, 100% in tandem with a mate of mine D:
SWAT4? Oh lawd, I'm reinstalling that now. BEST. CO-OP. EVAR.
Sven Coop gets a very honorable notion aswell (I prefer realistic co-op).
Oh, and I nearly cried when I realized Hidden & Dangerous 2 didn't have Co-Op.

Back