Far Cry SP demo

Once it goes official...Its gonna be madness trying to download it. I just hope i manage to beat the rush.

Sorry Far Cry Fans!
The website Gamers.nl updated there news, they'll release the demo also on

Wednesday, January 21th 2004, 06:00 o'clock

Visit us tomorrow at 06:00 o'clock (Europe-Time) in the evening. We'll have all informations and many mirrors for the singleplayer-demo on the site!

Stay tuned...

It's gonna take 56 hours.... haha... no wait... make that 60!

4 hours left for me. This torrent exploded, there's already about 3mb bandwith on it

I hope they release it on fileplanet soon because I don't want have to wait for 5hrs to play the demo.

Apollo 13 said:
I hope they release it on fileplanet soon because I don't want have to wait for 5hrs to play the demo.

You'll have to wait in lines at fileplanet for that long anyway! :LOL:

On a more serious note, is it actually being officially released here soon?

Apollo 13 said:
I have a membership, so I don't have to wait in lines

I would never......NEVER pay for being able to download stuff that you can download from mIRC or some other pages such as fileshack.com

I play other games that come out with patches, and I don't like waiting in lines. So the membership comes in handy.

Frank said:
I would never......NEVER pay for being able to download stuff that you can download from mIRC or some other pages such as fileshack.com

Why not? Fast downloads, tons of content, small fee. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

it's me who got it, so i want you all to thank me...you'r god...your almighty god!

no really, it was me..i got it from th nl plase and sent it to a 10mbit guy..kickass! :)

Yeah I sub to fileplanet as well, it cuts out the hassle of waiting around and I can afford the monthly without breaking a sweat about it.

Someone needs to get this on a faster tracker, because I won't see this file until later on tonight

the gamershell pipe in the netherlands is going at 350kb/s for me, and i live in the states! :)

SidewinderX143 said:
the gamershell pipe in the netherlands is going at 350kb/s for me, and i live in the states! :)

That server is basically on a backbone. Gamershell is a good site for DL'n even for Americans.

Anyhoo, all credits due to http://www.gamer.nl. They had the scoop for the demo.

i'm only getting ~160k there, and i'm on a college line. :-\

Ug...GamersHell is all full for me. My campus internet is too crappy to even attempt Romania or Greece...

Looks like I get to wait 'till some other mirror comes up on filemirrors.com :(

Its on suprnova now...maybe its on IRC

*EDIT* im downloading from gamershell now, and I think its better than downloading from a torrent which is slow.

im using download accelerator...and im going slow still like 50 kb/s...

I got the demo now, I'm off to play, the torrent was good to me.

FileFront is supposedly full, but I'm still downloading at 80 kb/s. (All the severs were at 100% when I got there, but I clicked "launch public download" and it started anyway).

oh dear lord in downloading this 462 something megabites at 18.0 kb/s and im not using accelerator plus! Oh god someone help me...it's problably gonna fail....how do i download it with DAP? I tried right clicking on the Save button but it wouldn't open the drop down menu so i could select "download with DAP". I just clicked on the save button really fast because i just wanted the dowload to start and get a place in the line before the servers were full... How do i download it with DAP? HELP!

***Nerver mind! fixed it! I'm happily downloading with DAP now

To ye who could not read that german website... slap thyselves across the forehead, and read the last word of the link... the last word is deutsch, which is obviously a language used in germany. Change the word to "english" and you shouldn't have a problem anymore : )

I hate gamershell.com I downloaded the same filew twice already and keep getting damn errors. Now I have to go back to the torrent

If your going to download the demo stay away from mirrior 2. Thats the one that keeps causing me problems ( shutting off on me or giving me weird errors) Im now on mirrior 1 and im also downloading from filefront, just incase something happens to the other file.

no one has come to tell us about the demo yet...probably playing it right now or downloading it. Hmmm, if it was a crappy demo people would probobaly be back here telling everyone to stop downloading...well no one has told us it is poop so that's a good sign right?

I have it, all I have to say is put your sunlotion on before you play, it's warm outside.

Back