Far Cry SP demo

I ahve to set my settings on medium and AA doesnt work..it finnishes loading, but instead of actually going into the game, it simply clicks a few times and reboots the computer.

it looks good, but i would like to see it on best graphics, even if it did run slow, jsut a chance to look at it would be nice.

Tip: If you have an ATI card set the gfx in your display settings on the desktop to aplication preference for everything and full hardware rendering.

This has helped alot of people on the beta version. :)

Mr. Redundant said:
would love to see em, but none of your links work for me, something about "exceeding misdirections" is that the correct url?

when u click on the link stop the transmission and press the Go button...fixes it

[daniom] said:
You got to get a better card! i get far mutch better quality view than you, with my 9800XT 256MB :)

Damn You!!! Damn You!!! :p

Im getting my 9800xt on sat!!

hey dan whats the highes res u can play it and it will be smoothe on ur 9800 xt?
and what proc?

i FINALLY got the stupid thing downloading.. ~70kbps :(

i refuse to look at anyone's pics.. i shal find the pig on my own!!!!!

Being in the Mp beta, which I hated lost my faith in farcry, but god damn!! SP 0wnz!

lol, yeah.. i'm not playing the beta anymore untll they release a patch :)

exploring the islands was fun though (especially when you find the barrier exploits :)).. that's not compromising the NDA, since it doesn't mean anything to anyone not in the beta, nor does it reveal anything about the game, afaik..

azz0r said:
Gah, im going to be here forever
you guys are lucky.

you best grab it quick, they are pulling it off the net.

Gamershell already removed their mirrors.

apparently it is not officially released yet..

bah damnit I woulda had it by now if it wasnt for... mumble

My downloads dipped. Apparently its been released officially.

Looks very pretty. I'll get it as soon as Fileplanet has it. I'm a subscriber (I know, lasy arse who can't be bothered to trawl through the IRC chans for what he wants) so it'll be fairly nippy. Interesting to see the true abilities of my 9800PRO.

-JeZ- said:
Looks very pretty. I'll get it as soon as Fileplanet has it. I'm a subscriber (I know, lasy arse who can't be bothered to trawl through the IRC chans for what he wants) so it'll be fairly nippy. Interesting to see the true abilities of my 9800PRO.

so far IRC turns up illegal versions, (which Im not looking for) however I feel the same way about seeing what My 9800 pro can do.. its about damn time it showed me too... I bought it the day it came out.

I got the demo off of Bittorrent, and it's absolutely amazing! cool game! some graphical glitches but since this is a beta and that is to be expected...

MaxiKana said:
I got the demo off of Bittorrent, and it's absolutely amazing! cool game! some graphical glitches but since this is a beta and that is to be expected...
I cant be bothered with torrents, I will have to wait for Fileplanet then.

however this is actually supposed to be a DEMO, not a beta.. so glitches = bad

Been playing FarCry for a while now - it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Everything looks pretty and I get between 40-70 fps on 1280, medium/high detail. Even at 60 fps the game looks pretty jerky to me, can't work it out.

The AI's ok, nothing special, the guns are quite fun and it sounds fine. There's plenty to explore and the vehicles come with big weapons :). The binoculars take out much of the tension, instantly revealing where the bad guys are and making it very easy.

The engine feels very Unreal to me. It doesn't really feel like your shooting ppl :/

Ok - but nothing amazing and certainly not worth upgrading for (imo of course)

(Despite all the fancy gfx it's still nowhere near as fun as Golden Eye)

warbie
Been playing FarCry for a while now
really? can u say what kind of weapons u get, or how big the enviromens are, and how much attention to detail there is....

ok - i meant a night and a day :)

//edit - the environments aren't that large ......... it's starts off quite spacious, but as you progress you're herded into smaller and narrower areas untill finally it's standard corridor stuff. Nothing like Flashpoint in terms of scale, or even Battlefield for that matter.

I don't actually think the game looks that good either (it should be smoother at 60 fps :/) The detail is there, it just looks very cluttered and gaudy - like a fat dude in a horrible Hawaiian shirt.

The weapons are pretty generic, but feel meaty enough :) I like that the mouse sensitivity drops when you zoom in. The knife kicks ass too :) Worth a play, but not my cash.

that doesnt answer my question. i seriosly didnt mean to be snide... i want info on the game!!!!! lmao

woot :) i got the torrent clocked at 35 kb/s , only 5 hours left :p

Gah, im going to be here forever

does that read 196 meg? lol total size

or 496?

could any one send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE on where to d/l the demo? plz :D
that is if any1 knows.

lol - I wasn't sure whether you were taking the piss or not Suicide. Have answered your queries now :)

are the demo levels in restricted area's..? if so do you walk into invisible walls somewhere around?

If you go too far out the super hellicopter of death comes out and wastes you.

lol or the boat of doom .......... better than invisible walls, but only slightly :/

Once inland there are ridges that are just too high/steep to get up - if only our dude could use his hands and climb :(

I'm a little dissapointed - it was the 'huge' environments that initially made me interested in FarCry ........ lies I tell you, lies!

ouch, thats clever a clever way of not having any invisible walls :) kool, can you avoid it? hide from it etc

clarky003 said:
woot :) i got the torrent clocked at 35 kb/s , only 5 hours left :p

does that read 196 meg? lol total size

or 496?

496, clearly. Do you need glasses? :p

HMMM i stared downloading at 8:01 AM and ive only got 208.6 MB down and its 11:16 AM. :( All the servers are full and im only getting a 25K dl speed. :(

the boat near the end of the demo is a bit of a dissapointment, I climb all the way down there and can't even drive it :( only a cheezy mortar launcher that you can't move horizontally.

Also not being able to find the buggy is making me throw random glass objects at the wall

How can you not find the buggy ?? :)

Kil the dudes at the start then get the sniper. You should be able to see it from there - by the beach, just before the entrance to the jungle (I think)

Back