Far Cry SP demo

I gave up trying to download this, I'v got better things to spend my bandwidth on.

69% woohooo! :D... Atleast this took my atention away from HL2 for a while :).. Not so interested in finding the beta anymore..

just played it, i love the environment. all the sounds merge together to make it really convincing. some of the character movement and fluidity is really annoying. apart from that, i love messing around with the AI, making them chase me through the jungle then ambushing them at a narrow point. the AI is absolutely awesome, and it doesn't cheat, except when you get too far out and that bloody helicopter comes. looks promising so far.

Warbie said:
How can you not find the buggy ?? :)

Kil the dudes at the start then get the sniper. You should be able to see it from there - by the beach, just before the entrance to the jungle (I think)
You mean the beach of the main island where there is a small shack and the second patrol boat is parked ?

I find no buggy there :(

AudioRage said:
You mean the beach of the main island where there is a small shack and the second patrol boat is parked ?

I find no buggy there :(

there's a beach just past that towards the left, there's a broken down boat and a buggy parked there along with a few mercs.

you can go either way you like, there are only so many ways to complete this level but you can be pretty creative about it.

I'll be damned...Fileplanet line is shorter than Fileshack by a few hours.

In that area, I find two mercs, a broken down boat, an old rusted WW2 tank, But No Buggy :(

AudioRage said:
In that area, I find two mercs, a broken down boat, an old rusted WW2 tank, But No Buggy :(

hmm, no idea then. i'm unable to check it as my f.uckin VPU keeps resetting and rebooting whenever i try and get back into a Far Cry game. gonna go for a reinstall and restart to see if that fixes it.

only thing i can think of is that the placement of the buggy is random, or what is even more likely, is that one of the AI mercs has driven it off somewhere. so go hunt him down and take back what is rightfully yours!

Damnit, guys. I am downloading this thing and trying to not get excited, but reading your posts doesn't really help lol

I've tried many many times to find the buggy, the only thing I can think of is with my crappy Video card, it just isn't there.

Which really doesn't make sense either, but I'm running outta options.

Here's a list of Mirrors for those peeps still having problems downloading the Demo!

3D Gamers
AusGamers
Adrenaline Vault

it's probably just the AI. you might be doing something each time that is triggering the AI to get into the buggy and drive off. or try starting off from the beginning, take your boat round but don't land on any other beaches. it might be that the buggy will only spawn if you have not landed on the other beach before (the beach you can see when you get the sniper rifle). so i can only suggest start again, get the sniper and head straight for the other beach. if it still isn't there, well...reinstall i guess.

@GOrgon
have you played the single player demo of farcry yet?
and if so, do you still think it sucks or is the SP actually somewhat engaging?

arrgh, these f.ucking catalyst 4.1s are the dodgiest yet. back to 3.6 i go... anyone else having a VPU recover problem when playing Far Cry?

I just played thru the demo. I love it.

I like how you have to use binoculars to get enemies on your radar
I like how the environment is big (I thought it was freakin huge)
I like the gfx (on Very High with a 9600)
I like the boats (didn't know about the buggy my first time thru)
I dunno if this happened to any of you guys.. but part-way thru the level a guy called in reinforcements from an Osprey.
I like how I could follow the helo after it dropped the guys off with my binoc's to see where it landed.
I like the lighting
I like the water
I like how the game feels.
I liked following my rocket all the way to that mortar boat and watch it explode :)
I liked pretty much everything...except the somewhat long loading time...for me it was about a min or a bit more.

Time to play it again and explore this time :)

Argh I can't find any places to download. I have 2kb/s at FileHell...

Reinstalled the demo, Still no buggy no matter what I do.

I give up.

God hates me.

Great demo. One detail that really stuck to my mind is that the lense of the scope on your sniper rifle works like a tiny rearviewmirror.

Shakermaker said:
Great demo. One detail that really stuck to my mind is that the lense of the scope on your sniper rifle works like a tiny rearviewmirror.

Yeah thats a neat detail.. i love the water and the fish and birds.. and the thick piece of jungle.

Excellent demo. couple minor bugs, but great!

Woah! Downloading at Gamespot with 392 kb/s! Never knew my DSL could do that.

Mr. Redundant said:
@GOrgon
have you played the single player demo of farcry yet?
and if so, do you still think it sucks or is the SP actually somewhat engaging?

No Yet....:(

I got it from Gamershell.com but I am waiting for my brother, so he can Unlock his Computer, You see his Computer is activated by His Finger, He bought this new FP security device the size of the Mouse and the cost is (£119.99), Basicly he copied Vodoo PC rage1:1 . Anyway I will play it soon and I hop it worths the downloading time that took me to get it (2.3Hours).:p.

gamespot with dat dlx thing w00t like 300kb/s

I feel wootastic. me loves gamespot and fiileplanet bloz0rz dix! :flame:

wow this thang caps at 400kb's (and above!) its wootasticly wootastic

YES! just 4 hrs left!! r00fl3 :sniper: :sniper:

one thing i loved about this demo is the randomness about some things. i was sniping on a hill checking out what the mercs were doing, scoping around for the exits and where possible reinforcements were coming, then out of nowhere a couple of birds fly across my sight and i accidently fire off a shot thinking i was under attack or something. then of course the mercs took cover after hearing a sniper shot and i had to do it the dirty old way. stupid birds. i wish you could shoot them down and roast their carcasses and possibly eat them.

I'm downloading it again from filefront, and if it is currupt again I will say so on this site so that no one else has to go through the torture of waiting an hour for a currupt file...

I havn't found one working dl link yet :O

But I aint all that bothered to be honest. I got the multiplayer beta which is nice.

Back