FIFA World Cup

There hasn't been a match where we haven't played wobbly. There is always a phase during a game where we seem to forget how to play. As long as its followed by five minutes of greatness, like against Brazil and tonight, I don't care one bit.

Holy shit, the final.

*Waits for someone to say that that goal wouldn't have changed the scoreline*.

Still, glad the dutch are in the final, I'd like them to win.

It...

Nah. Ive been far too negative these past few weeks.

Loved Bommel's face when he got the yellow card right at the end. 'Meee? What did I DO??'

1st goal was aaaamazing. Up until now I thought SA had the best goal of the competition (first of the competition too). Bronckhorst took the piss.

worst attempt at making a scene at the semi-finals...nobody even reacted LOL.

Not a great game so far between Germany and Spain. Was expecting more, its kind of dull at the moment.

Maybe both sides are playing it too safe.

Nah they are just cancelling each other out, it was always going to happen. It may pick up in time but I will pissed if this a 0-0 penalty decider --__--

That's the difference between a good striker - like Pedro, and a deadly striker, like Torres / Villa.

I couldn't BELIEVE Pedro pulled that, if I were Torres I'd have words with him after being that greedy, and that's after a fantastic game too.

Anyway looks like Spain are through, as I predicted :p

Yep, did I mention I said Spain would win? After everyone said Germany would? xD

I'm going for Holland, but I think Spain will trounce them personally.

Brazil lost against holland..I want spain to win to avenge brazil's loss..do you need me to draw out a diagram?

No, what you want is perfectly clear but I don't understand your motivation. Or rather, Spain's motivation to take revenge for Brasil.

btw Digi and I agree that this is a great pic.

pol.jpg

No, what you want is perfectly clear but I don't understand your motivation. Or rather, Spain's motivation to take revenge for Brasil.

Meh wasn't being really serious. My team has been Brazil since 94 and I'm still upset Holland beat them. Nothing against Holland at all they deserved it but I was saying it more as a joke to avenge Brazil's loss. :cheers:

Try wearing orange for a change, you might like it :)

I just can't get "into" any other team other than Brazil. They were the first team I watched when I started watching the World Cup when I was 4 with my dad and his best friend who was brazillian. We'd always go to his house to watch the games and it'd be a big thing.

I remember when they won it was poandemonium in the house because his family was there and everything. Ever since then I've been cheering for Brazil:thumbs:

Maybe in 2014 lol

My chips are in the Spain bucket, I can't ****ing believe Germany lost, el oh el.

Love you Shaker, I just have family in España.

Wow, they beat a shit England side 4-1, they may as well have played Andorra..

Quite pleased with last nights result, not only for the obvious reason that I don't want Germany winning the Cup, but that it's the first time Spain have reached the final if I remember correctly?

Either way, as much as I'd like them to also beat Holland, I can't see it happening.

They had never made it past the quarters.

Spain are the best team in Europe statistically, but I can see Holland winning this. Robben and Schneijder are on fire right now.

The game this weekend is going to be epic. I think it's 3:1 that Spain will win but I'm going to be cheering for orange with my buddies anyway. I'm super excited - since the start of the cup Holland's been my favorite (besides USA of course :) ) and I'm thrilled that they've made it all the way to the final.

Spain but on their first really great performance of the tournament. By holding on to the ball in a superb way, they denied the Germans to play the aggressive game that allowed them to win against England and Argentina. Fully deserved, even though I rooted for Germany.

My fellow Dutchmen are getting overconfident. An honorary tour through the canals here in Amsterdam is already planned. Festivities on a big square afterwards. The last time this happened was when we won the European Cup in 1988. I know getting to the finals is nice and all but we still have a game to play. Preparation for stuff like this should be kept quiet.

The reason it got out is quite funny btw. City officials are afraid too many houseboats will be wrecked during the festivities. Skip to 1:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVvG-jfrTG4

Spain needs to have a backup plan as I'm sure the Dutch are aware about the tactic they used on Portugal and Germany. Perhaps a mixture of attacking and possession?

I think they have a solid midfield and defense but the forwards need to take more chances at shooting from outside the box and not rely on short passes in the box that rarely make it into the net.

Should be an exciting watch.

So do you have any hopes that the Bronze match will be good? Usually, it isn't.

So do you have any hopes that the Bronze match will be good? Usually, it isn't.

Usually the 'small' team wants to play and wins. So my bet is on Uruguay. But it won't be exciting I think.

This afternoon I went to the area where a lot of Amsterdammers and people from all over the country will watch the final tomorrow (spoilered due to wall 'o pics):

fin01.jpg

fin02.jpg

fin03.jpg

fin04.jpg

fin05.jpg

fin06.jpg

fin07.jpg

fin08.jpg

fin09.jpg

fin10.jpg

fin11.jpg

fin12.jpg

fin13.jpg

fin14.jpg

fin15.jpg

fin16.jpg

This is what it looked like last Tuesday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kml65j5-bIA

And some pics from my neighborhood (again spoilered):

fin17.jpg

fin18.jpg

fin19.jpg

fin20.jpg

fin21.jpg

The German keeper is called "Butt". I snickered.

Decent game. Forlan, Arevalo and Perez have really impressed me in this tournament - Suarez too, although it's hard not to feel a bit sneery towards him after that Ghana result. Still it's hard to argue that third place is any less than the Germans deserve, even though it was an even game and I was rooting for Uruguay for their underdog value.

****ing great game, some real tension at times. The right team won, the Germans deserved a medal after all their struggle throughout the tournament.

Back