Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Released

Steam servers lagged to hell again!? I wanna play DM! :mad:

But thanks anyway Valve :D

lol don't worry,

looks like nothing is working. For me, HL2 CS: S and HL2 DM not working :-\ anyone else?

This is great! Thanks for the steam update that prevents all my source games from loading.... I'm Steamed!

Do they even test this crap?

ImJacksAmygdala said:
This is great! Thanks for the steam update that prevents all my source games from loading.... I'm Steamed!

Do they even test this crap?
How do you test how the system will react to several thousand people all trying to log in and download something at the same time?

You can't.

The Mullinator said:
How do you test how the system will react to several thousand people all trying to log in and download something at the same time?

You can't.

What are you talking about? This is after the update. After you have finished downloading everything, none of the source games work.

antimatter said:
What are you talking about? This is after the update. After you have finished downloading everything, none of the source games work.
Probably because they have to contact the steam network or something.

There are screen-shots of people playing already so I doubt the patch itself has caused the problems.

It appears that things have been fixed, as this thread has decreased in size and post effieciency (or is it just me :p).

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the proposed screenshots. I can't wait to get this game!! :D

It appears that things have been fixed, as this thread has decreased in size and post efficiency (or is it just me :p).

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the proposed screenshots. I can't wait to get this game!! :D

EDIT: Cool, a double post. :O

my Steam won't even connect.

its been hanging on Connecting Steam Acount: XXXX XXXX XX for the last 30 minutes or so.

GRR

Yeah, I'm not getting anything. Restarted Steam and my computer numerous times, but Deathmatch won't start, nor will HL2, CS:S, or anything else. Too bad, I'd love to play tonight! I'm sure things will get ironed out soon, though.

I've been "steamed" as well it seems. I restarted Steam, it took a while to sign me back in, then, I don't know, I think it went and updated itself. Then I clicked on HL2: DM, it loaded, validated, became active - and now none of my source engine games will load. It seems like this is a common problem - I've seen a lot of complaints here, but also some people automatically assuming we with Steam problems are morons. Look, the fact is the Source games are not loading. TFC and the other old games open, but no source games.

If anyone has had this problem and fixed it, or if anyone can shed any light, I'd apreciate it. Thanks.

Ah, yes, I was mistaken. I got the original HL to load, but none of the Source games will.

I got in fine, but it was sooooo laggy with so many people. DM'ing in Nova Prospekt is awesome though. I threw a box at someone and it lagged in midair long enough for them to run over, look at me, and shoot me.

OH MY GOD!

Is this a dream? Someone, punch me so I know its Real!!!

RabidJester said:
I got in fine, but it was sooooo laggy with so many people. DM'ing in Nova Prospekt is awesome though. I threw a box at someone and it lagged in midair long enough for them to run over, look at me, and shoot me.

I would cry the happy tears if I were able to experience even that. As it is, I'm about to cry the decidedly unhappy tears as I continue to double-click HL2: DM, watch it pretend to load for a few seconds, then feel that twisting in my gut as the program just disappears into thin air...

I think this is my punishment for having such a smooth HL2 validation experience...

Doesn't start

Mine does not start either.. but looking at your post, it seems that I'm not the only one.

guess servers can't keep up with the demands.. can it be it?

Updated files and all ...

huhuhu I understand the pain of those who could'nt play right away when HL2 went out

guest we have to be patient

;op

HL2.exe keeps crashing, and creating .mdmp files in the half-life 2 deathmatch folder. Anyone find out why yet!?!?

To be honast I dont know what Ive downloaded... For the Monitor Im just downloading Source which is at 98% !?

Who knows.. just have to wait. I downloaded something about 10 minutes ago. DM Doesnt work. It says it still needs an update.

Blah.. now I have to clean my chair.

mine is crashing too. Says playing... hl2.exe runs then it crashes. I'm redownloading the cache files.

Worked fine for me... and updated in about 5 minutes. The only bug i've found is I can't see my ammo count... the display is a little weird there. Not that it matters much.. too much chaos to count bullets.

I had a 500 ping on the only server I could get on and it was still really fun... i can tell it will be awesome when some decent servers get going. Shit flying everywhere... its awesome. Hard to get physics kills with a lot of lag.. I had fun pushing the cars around trying to trap someone on a wall.

With good speed.. some new maps and vehicles this will be really cool.

RabidJester said:
About the SDK, anyone know why I can't find faceposer????

It's in there, just not as a separate thing. It's part of some other program I think.

Yeah so I just played for a good 2 hours straight. SO FUN!

Thank you Valve! You guys rule

jefft said:
All those people working on a DM mod, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Posted by me from the other news thread about 10 minutes before this one:

All those DM mods now have the opportunity to expand on a solid structure. I was concerned that there would be a large, but shallow pool of DM mods that would compete with each other to the point of irrelevence. With a base DM code for everyone to actually work off of, modders can focus on making changes to the gameplay ala BubbleMod, AGMod, Sev's Mod, Oz Mod, and all the other mod's for the original Half-Life that were so popular. I know AGMod's team is working on a Source version, I'm sure having a base to work off will make things much easier for them to put it out.

Yep! It's all farked, the patch screwed up everything, i'm too pissed for words right now.

You guys should check and make sure that everything has finished loading, if you haven't already. My SDK and DM are still being updated. If it doesn't work, though......

:| :| :|

Apos said:
It's in there, just not as a separate thing. It's part of some other program I think.

I seem to recall being told it was a stand alone program originally (when the leak got out). I've waited for a long time to be able to play with this finally.

nothing works. I have a beer ready and everything. Now my beer is sad. Poor beer: sad because steam juked my games.

steam://validate/320
Should fix problem with the whole no source games working

Back