Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Released

Awesome! Thanks Valve! This was what i was waiting for!

Awesome, haven't been able to find a decent server yet but the one I tried was crazy, things flying around everywhere - so much lag it was impossible to aim for anyone in particular.

Steam update was wierd, after my laggy DM experience I tried having a game of CS:Source - all my favourite servers were down, and the server browser could only detect 44 servers.

kaMIKazE said:
steam://validate/320
Should fix problem with the whole no source games working

Ok cool. One thing though; what do I do with that sequence of code?, where do I type it?

appreciate the help

trying
steam://validate/320

to get past source games not playing
if I don't repost, I am playing somewhere. Happy beer.

Ahh, thank you, I should have been ablr to figure that out. lol oops

HOW am I supposed to update my HL2? Stupid Me closed windows when "update" appeared
what now? restart Steam...Done...and nothing! dang :( Hate Steam only info about Upadate is in "News" section Helm god damnit!!!
Steam Absolutelly Suxxx damnit ;(

still no worky. Beer is angry now. Not a good sight: an angry beer.

yeah the validating thing definatly not a fix. not working for me, still waiting. Valve needs to fire all there testers and hire new ones like me.

Ok my system won't start any Source Engine games since the update.

Seems to be a common thing with this update.

Steam purchase method doesn't seem to be a factor, I've read posts from Steam purchases as well as Retail. However, I read several posts here and at other forums that hinted the system processor might be an issue, and that most people with the problem are running systems with AMD. This is speculation but we've got nothing so far but this.

The .mdmp file being written to each steam app when crashing seem to be crash logs or memory dumps of some sort. 10 out of 10 times the HL2. exe in the task manager didn't make it past 40,000k mark of memory use. I think it's some sort of app memory crash.

I think the update must have f***ed the executable. That or the bugfix for the stuttering broke something else.

I think that for the time being, we're S.O.L. :x

Hit me withyour ideas.

Tried the steam://validate/320 thing, it validated just fine. Games still don't work, however. Thanks for the help, though!

Steam forums still down, and I'm going to bed before I get too grouchy about this. Ah well, hopefully this'll be ironed out by tomorrow night.

Thanks for the help!

ideas? Go Postal man! I have retail Version and STILL no Update info -after i close update window, yea i know STUPID ME - Steam is like Microsoft Windows U have no F****** Idea when its gonna make YOU Crazy.

If STEAM =Future of PC gaming then im hell out of here!!!!

Yah many angry beers over here too, though most are coursing through my veins at the moment. I'm growing weary or valve blowing all this Steam up my ass...hopefully it will work tommorrow I guess..*pissed*

well i have a pentium so i dont think its a processor issue lol..

Type addbot. credits come up in teh console mentioning the CS:CZ bot. W00T!!!!!!

And what do we AGAIN learn from this? OPTIMIZE FOR BROADBAND! 500 ping even with a 1mb connection. Anyone who even tries to play it online with a Modem or Isdn shoud be slaughtered. I think we need a petition for this "optimize fo broadband".

What is stopping Valve from doing this? They want to satisfy the 2% group of slow connection users so that the 98% with fast connection can suffer? So let the petitions begin! (how do I make one? :D )

this really pisses me off too:

vBulletin Message
The Steam Forums are temporarily offline. See www.steampowered.com for news and support. Thanks!

"steam is offline, see steam for details"

punks are busting out the catch-22

It really seems strange that they release a version that dont work and makes all games unplayable :S I mean didnt they test it first?? It would be really stupid if they didnt.

Well when this mess is fixed it will be awesome 2 play hl2DM! :D

Tank You very much Mr Nevell...

yup H-L2 The Future of gaming ....
damn where is my good old PS one!

Holy crap this is fun. I'm playing against Gabe, NO SHIT! He's kicking our asses! Everybody is to busy thanking him and crap, so he just runs around getting headshot after headshot.

tried deleting game content for HLDM and reunning it again. No go. This Sucks.

All you guys who can't get it to work must have hade tried to download HL2 torrents. That's what Gabe said. He said that this is the update to shut the pirates OUT! Even if you just had the torrent running for 2 secounds the got yo IP bi0tcha!

wow! just great news...

but of course, steam isn't able to connect my account right now..

@bakurei

i don't agree with you.

/me is an isdn user..

:)

downloading update... why are you not responding... WHY CANT YOU CONTACT MY ACCOUNT? WAKE UP!!!1 I WANT TO PLAY DEATHMATCH!! I HAVE TO GO TO AN ENGLISH EXAM IN AN HOUR!!! ARRRGHHHH I HAAAATE YOOOOUUUU STEAM

etc.

Suicide42 said:
downloading update... why are you not responding... WHY CANT YOU CONTACT MY ACCOUNT? WAKE UP!!!1 I WANT TO PLAY DEATHMATCH!! I HAVE TO GO TO AN ENGLISH EXAM IN AN HOUR!!! ARRRGHHHH I HAAAATE YOOOOUUUU STEAM

etc.

Just wait, it took time for me to. Then i checked my bandwidth monitor and it was updating when running the login to steam account, for some reason.

errrr.... im logged in and ive downloaded it, but nothing happens when i try and play it... just... nothing happens...

Same here. I bought HL2 today, installed it all, Steam automatically updated (as did HL2), and I'm experiencing the same 'won't start up' bug you guys are. So, I haven't even been able to play the game once yet! Everything's downloaded, bandwidth is fine, Oi!

Not very impressed with the Steam system, and that it seemingly forces these upgrades upon you with no turning back.

I have the collector's edition...it has nothing to do with pirated software. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling and that doesn't even work. I'm starting to guess its a hardware problem of some sort.

who the hell is going to pirate a free game anyway??? why give HLDM so much security?? all i want to do is play! CANT YOU LET ME PLAY!!!

steam://validate/320 is the command you need to enter into your run box thing.

it validates it and then you can play :D

YAYA THANK YOU KANGY!!!

/hugs and kisses kangy

*edit* still not working ;(

i hate steam. with A VENGANCE!

I never tried to download the HL2 torrent. I'm experiencing the same problem.

Besides if they have the IP of people who tried that, why not just ban the steam account? Instead of letting them play half of their games. Besides, the Source SDK still works for me.

I think the servers are just swamped.

Nope, I've tried the validation trick and it still doesn't work.
Tried a registry trick I found on steamwatch.org and that doesn't work.

I'm running an AMD w/ an ATI video card... troubled, troubled.

steam://validate/320 command does not work...and neither does steam://validate/220. It validates steam files but does not fix the problem of trying to play source engine games and having nothing happen.

Back