Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

actually yes I do because if you re-read my post it says nothing specific about which models,etc. and also such phrases as "As far as I know...":)

no harm done either way..
:cheers:

i have found another problem....
when i am in our benefactors.. in some part you lose your ggun....
but when i typ the cheat for that weapon... give weapon_physcannon
it will give me the verry strong one.... that can hold body's and stuff..
but when i try it in 1.10T it will be impossible to do our benefactors cause they are too powerfull.... but it will give me the normal ggun from HL2:S. though i allmost made it ones

Darkn3ss said:
Ok, little dude, one more time and I'm letting it die.
I know you can do it.
  • Put those cds away, permanently.
  • memorize your bro's login.
  • call him and make sure he's not playing any games from Valve.
  • go to http://www.steampowered.com/ and click on 'get steam now'
  • download and install steam
  • login with bro's login
  • wait...wait...wait...wait...whew big download!
  • play HL2
  • install HL2 Substance
  • play HL2 in the coolest way possible. :)
Piece of pie, err I mean cake.
my brother doesend believe me. i mean believe you
i'll just have to make him believe me, lol.
Xdiesp, it would be fun in the beginning where you go outside for the first time... there are a bunch of combines fighting vortigaunts, would be fun if those combines would die instead of the vortigaunts. and i found a new bug and it's not in 1.10T. when you go in bullettime and u will go to place where it will load the next area, after the loading it will stay in bullettime without your suit power running out.... but after 10 seconds it will crash...
EDIT: i just cant stop looking on this site... hoping on someone to respond...
hoping on xdiesp to suddenly show up what he will not but i just cant stop looking it totaly drives me nuts

henkjan: that is solved in 1.0X,anyway I write this down because it will need testing to be sure

look people,I have to wait too. Last time I heard my coder was friday,told me later on the day he would have uploaded the next 1.0X test version but he has a real life work to attend and probably that interfered. If it was for me,you'd have a new full install every day. All I can do now is to set a flashy return this monday evening to finalize everything in the shortest time possible,please oh God not another week! So I went shopping for models,I had the idea to give the new ones (except the new weapons) to the HEV Forms only,how does it sound this to you? (it's our model collection)

---Liquid (m4a1 themed)
DEagle,smooth M4A1,M3special,Mega M4A1 (ar2),M4A1 reflex sight (m249)

---Snake
M9knife,new USP,TSIexecutive,crossbow,HK3,m249

---Big Boss
M9 Stars,Flare,Shotgun black,M3nero,XM8,AWP,m249

Fans angry at me because I deleted the original weapon this way would get them in the standard Gordon Freeman form. Also,I will change slightly the view model distance from the screen for each form,so that there will be less "floating hands" problems.

EDIT
I have a fast test for you people to try,really easy. The AR2 alternate models have the fault that their model/muzzle doesn't cover fully the start of their shoot trace,and it's bad if you see it (it's cut off right in the middle of the screen,very ugly). I see it sometimes in 640x480 everything low,can you too? Test this by picking up the AR2 after you've downloaded this http://xdiesp.altervista.org/1x.html and shoot around a bit,on close and far distances,against walls and against people. This is a test 1.0X version with no extra code (=no hev forms),the one you should have updated with my coder's work friday

hey!!! your back!!! i tought u where away untill late monday
hurray!!

henkjan: I am away from my HL2 computer until late monday...

apart for the previous test for the AR2 alternate models,there's another thing potentially useful to try. Using alternate models with character to see if they work. I'll do it myself monday,but if we know the results before,then it's better!

1) Extract with GCFScape the alyx.mdl file from SourceModels.gcf;

2) find your hl2substance\models\combine_soldier.mdl file,delete it and exchange it with the alyx mdl renamed as was the combine soldier one

3) play and see if instead of combines,you have alyx-es trying to kill you.

It's very important to see if they actually fire at you,and if at certain times they stuck in a weird "cross" position

ok, I tried the two tests.

As for the A2 test, I'm unclear which weapon is the A2.
So I hit F11 (cheat) and tried everything. Everything looked ok. (1024x768)

As for the model test, it went well.
The "Alyx's" where doing everything the combine did, shooting, dying, etc.
No weird 'cross' positions that I saw.

Hope it helps.

darnk3ss: thanks,in 8 hours I'll be back to my HL2 comp so I'll try this myself,but if you still have spare time,see what happens if you do the same with this other model http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/HalfLife_2_Korin_Model;39643 (another woman). The ultimate goal is to a female modeled combine that when sees you,goes mostly invisible and must be killed within 5 seconds from the first damage taken otherwise it regenerates health: these "covenant elite assassins combine" (!) are already in the 1.0X,I'd just like to have them women as in HL1!

thanks T.H.C.138 (that was my guess but wasn’t sure)

xdiesp: I'm currently at work, so you'll be playing with it before me, but I'll definitely check it out and let you know how it goes on my PC.

Darkn3ss: tonight I'll do myself all the last experiments we need for the 1.0X,don't worry

the 1.0X playtest starts in a couple of minutes

put these two files together:
http://xdiesp.altervista.org/1x.html
http://www.xs4all.nl/~vanstoel/files/testv1x-updated-v4.zip

ok,my coder reports the alternate models aren't working yet but he's sure they will be soon; I'm still waiting a file send from the squidmod creator,it is expected this evening; also the training map is; of course having no alternate models now all the extra others are not available; let's start seeing a bit of the true HEV Forms work anyway

EDIT
what a mess,let me do it or we'll never fix this

ok, my brother beleaves me now. and he was here, but he forgot his pw....
arggg. he did wright it down so i send him and e-mail yesterday... he still hasend send me one back

THC138: I'm updating the 10X playtest page as the 10X solves all the bugs mentioned on it. In a couple of days we should have the final one

xdiesp said:
EDIT
what a mess,let me do it or we'll never fix this
Ok, I know your working on it, but I couldn’t resist giving it a shot.
I merged the two files, then copied everything into my copy of substance.
Its a little buggy, but not too bad.
I had some HUD issues, I don’t think you mentioned in the 10X WIP page, and I did see much of what is listed. So there's some work to do, but nothing you cant handle, I'm sure.
If you want more detail, just ask.

Hey everyone: The HEV forms are going to "whip the llama’s ass!" :)

hey darkness, i guess it's working now. cause steam is unlocking game files...
dunno if it will ask for anything soon like my cd key... lol
o boy i just cant wait till it's finished
EDIT: yeeeeeees it works finaly i can play hl2 everyday!!!
Xdiesp. is the mod diffrent from extreme-players.de then in HL2files?
cause the one i have here is different then i have at my dad.... or did you just make it different? should i download it from halflife2 files or is it the same there? cause tryd downloading from halflife 2 files.com but it didnt wanna download it....
and on this comp i only have little lag, with aa on max and allmost everything on high.

naaaah,too bad that hot babe model doesn't work with the combines. Oh well,after all those assassins are 90% an halo,you wouldn't have see her that much. I'm now waiting for my coder's update of the mod without the bugs found so far,to continue testing. And also to the squid + houndeye: they'll have to be at least a bit translucent and reflective to hide they're low poly HL1:Source style. I found a new skin for that M9 knife you can't imagine,pray your God that Jerry is able to insert the alternate models to see it. Additional miscellaneous retuning too,concerning the Forms activations,sounds and keyboard commands. Now included the "Bloody Mod" for more bloody fxs. Combines are also stronger,the crosshair is gone but there's also a key to toggle it ON/OFF: you gotta try the humiliation when you discover you can't hit an antlionguard in your same room with the M3 without it. Soon I'll update the additional file to apply to the big playtest zip

darkness: every release passes trough this "mess" phase,don't worry,we're hopping forward very fast. The forms have the problem that mastering these classes is not immediate as activating it,so the first times one just remain there without knowing what to do. Me,as usual,think about enhancing the whole single player,so the forms (even if it is not mentioned,it would do a useless mess in ppl minds) actually activate their powers in 2 different times,aka they are 3 forms but time ago they were 6. This leaves time to ppl to get what to do,in theory. Don't say they will rock too loud :D My only goal has always been to make HL2 replayable just 1 more time after you've finished it at hard.

henkjan: I'm doing what I can,there really a lot to do... The playtest 1.0X is not for playing and has a lot of bugs,for now you could just download the usual 084+1.0T,but the newer one will be much better

got an alternative M3 to use in Big Boss,the normal shotgun instead gives many problems if you try and play it with an alternate model: I don't know what to do,maybe I'll just leave it there or maybe I'll give it another skin when in Big Boss. The trend is that you can play Substance all the time in Gordon Freeman form and never see a new model but the new weapons (or not even those if you play the vanilla campaign),but when you pick a form,your limited arsenal changes appearance

that's not what i ment but nevermind.
what i said was: is the halflife 2 substance different on the page Extreme-Players.de then on filefront.com? cause i downloaded it from extreme-players.de and it was different then the one i downloaded befor on filefront.com..... there is a vortigaunt killed in the beginning and alot of combines running to him... and after the part when u nearly get teleported
there will be a vortigaunt outside of the lab...
did u make it diffrent? cause when i download it from filefront.com, it doesend have the things i just said.
or does filefront.com have an older version of 0.84?

henkjan: they should be the same version,anyway I think that updating them to 1.0T the differences would be erased

I just passed the squid+houndeye code to Jerry,tomorrow I'll update their textures with reflections,transparency and bumpmaps. There should be a bullsquid unused skin in the gcfs...

Your right xdiesp, I should have been a little smarter about that.
Guess I got caught up in the excitement of the upcoming release.

btw ty i didnt know how to spell excitement befor, lol
i'm from holland

cool, your from holland. Both my parents were born in holland. I live in Canada right now, but our family is still quite dutch.

I just can't wait until 1.0X in the hopes that the game will not crash when i load a game.

Drizzt said:
cool, your from holland. Both my parents were born in holland. I live in Canada right now, but our family is still quite dutch.

I just can't wait until 1.0X in the hopes that the game will not crash when i load a game.

Might be a strange question but what do your parents do for a living?

Drizzt said:

ok cool

another delay,my coder suggested sunday as the estimated time to complete the bugfixing on the current 1.0X playtest version. Don't be angry,if Jerry says there's still work to do he's right. Good news is that the alternate models technology works,so the hev forms won't use unlimited weapons anymore but *different new* unlimited and limited weapons. Later I'll update the 1.0X page,for you to play with something if you can't resist

Flibby: certain fans got angry with me,in the past,because the mod was good,other because they feared I wouldn't complete it and leave them hanging when not the levels were covered yet,now they are angry because I keep close contact with them and they know when I do an error and delays happen. Oh my...

this is something I posted on the HL2 Files comments section about the crazy talk on HEV Forms,the meaning is: if you hope for something too much,you are always deluded by what you see in the end. Think of something else!

"anyway ppl,don't dream too much of the 1.0X: if you idealize it,expectancy will kill anything you'll see in the end. If Hollywood ever taught us something,this is it. The 1.0X will be a more challenging,more beautiful and less bugged 0.84 with some new features that anyway can mostly be ignored if you're not interested. The HEV Forms are classes,not the discovery of America: you accept to have some malus in the weapon availability (meaning that as in Halo you accept to use certain ones) and you get more bonuses on the ones that remain you. On the contrary,I warn you that probably the first time you run the 1.0X and browse the new addings,you won't get absolutely into them,at least not all at once as you'd think,because they are thought to be mastered as you progress into the game step by step"

I had countless demands to include the nude alyx skin :D And indeed a lot of time ago,before the Wacky Sixties Alyx of 0.32,there was the actual intention to do a Scantly Clad Alyx with their normal clothes all torn off...

so, why didnt anyone make it? lol, they have it in unreal tournament...
would be nice to see alyx's ass lol.
and it would be nice if i knew how my mouse sensetivety is best..
and the brightness of the levels

Back