Harry Potter HBP

Dammit, i need the book so i can read all these spoilers without spoiling my book!

Dammit, dammit, dammit...

/EDIT Mundungus Fletcher was the chap in the first book and 5th book, who Harry Potter recognizes in the Leaky Cauldron from his muggle days, and as part of the Order of the Phoneix in the 5th one.

JellyWorld said:
Any theories on what R.A.B stands for? My guess is Regulus Black. Is his middle name mentioned anywhere in the 6 books?

Sirius' brother? That would make some sense, he joined the Death Eaters but didn't realise what he was getting into...

I found it pretty odd that in a book such as this, they mention Ron grabbing his "extremities" when he takes the poison.
And is "snogging" "making out?" I am confused because I am not British. :p

ray_MAN said:
I found it pretty odd that in a book such as this, they mention Ron grabbing his "extremities" when he takes the poison.

Yes, it is :p

JellyWorld said:
Any theories on what R.A.B stands for? My guess is Regulus Black. Is his middle name mentioned anywhere in the 6 books?
Exactly what I though.

Yeah, I laughed my arse off the first time I read that.

Harry snogged Cho

:LOL:

Okay, I just finished it.

The hormones were really flowin' in this one eh? My God, everybody was making out left and right!

I enjoyed! A nice set up for the finale, with some good plot developments. The ending was very sad, but I liked the way Rowling presented it. It didn't seem overly griefish, but more of the start of new things. It seemed very appropriate to link it to the 7th book, I can easily see the next one picking straight up from it. As well as showing them growing older a little, I think the whole romance thing gives the characters something to really hope for after the fighting is over.

I don't really think Harry is a horcrux, but I think that Wormtail's metal hand might be one. Dumbledore said it was inadvisable to put them in living beings, so having 2/7 in living things would be somewhat.. unbelievable, owing to Voldemort's knowledge and abilities. However, a metal hand would be dead, but also suprisingly safe. I mean, it's somewhere he can keep an eye on it, and it was made straight after a murder.

I think Snape knew what he was doing when he killed Dumbledore, though. He made the unbreakable vow, which forced him into it, but he also maintained his cover. With all those Death Eaters around, Dumbledore would have died anyway, owing to his weakened state. If you notice, he was teaching Harry how to fight a dark wizard when Harry gave chase, and also stopped him from being killed by the other Death Eaters.

ray_MAN said:

Yes, although you'd never use that term in a book.

Hehe, speaking of which, I was going around today on AIM going "Snape kills Gandalf!!!" and then I realized I had the wrong wizard :(

kirovman said:
Yes, although you'd never use that term in a book.

Erm, well if it's 16 year old kids talking about kissing to each other, I think you would.

Feath said:
Erm, well if it's 16 year old kids talking about kissing to each other, I think you would.

Yeah. If you were BRITISH. *gag* A fate worse than death.

j/k

Anyway, I did just finish it. I rather liked it. Not the best (Goblet of Fire), but enjoyable.

Pesmerga said:
Hehe, speaking of which, I was going around today on AIM going "Snape kills Gandalf!!!" and then I realized I had the wrong wizard :(

OMFG! you bastard! You ruined the ending for me! Snape kills Harry huh? Bastard!

Come on guys use spoiler tags or just dont post at all. People have paid their hard earned money on this book expecting it to entertain them. This is loss when you spoil it. Please use tags. Thanks.

Hummm, 90 % of the book felt like a reallity show, nothing really happened, it just followed Harry's life. The last 10 percent was good, but ended to quikly. To me Dumbledore looked for it, people kept telling him, and telling him about snape. The cave part was stupid, I mean, why in hell did he have to drink the potion if he could just throw it in the lake ??? Let's hope the last book is good, because she has a lot of stuff to write about in the next book.
The author has won to much money and lost her magic:|

Adrien C said:
Hummm, 90 % of the book felt like a reallity show, nothing really happened, it just followed Harry's life. The last 10 percent was good, but ended to quikly. To me Dumbledore looked for it, people kept telling him, and telling him about snape. The cave part was stupid, I mean, why in hell did he have to drink the potion if he could just throw it in the lake ??? Let's hope the last book is good, because she has a lot of stuff to write about in the next book.
The author has won to much money and lost her magic:|

you forgot to add spoiler tags, moron.

15357 said:
OMFG! you bastard! You ruined the ending for me! Snape kills Harry huh? Bastard!
Non of its true... don't believe anyone. :D No true spoilers were ever posted on these forums... right guys? Anyways, that is not the real spoiler.

Kangy said:
I enjoyed! A nice set up for the finale, with some good plot developments. The ending was very sad, but I liked the way Rowling presented it. It didn't seem overly griefish, but more of the start of new things. It seemed very appropriate to link it to the 7th book, I can easily see the next one picking straight up from it. As well as showing them growing older a little, I think the whole romance thing gives the characters something to really hope for after the fighting is over.

I don't really think Harry is a horcrux, but I think that Wormtail's metal hand might be one. Dumbledore said it was inadvisable to put them in living beings, so having 2/7 in living things would be somewhat.. unbelievable, owing to Voldemort's knowledge and abilities. However, a metal hand would be dead, but also suprisingly safe. I mean, it's somewhere he can keep an eye on it, and it was made straight after a murder.

I think Snape knew what he was doing when he killed Dumbledore, though. He made the unbreakable vow, which forced him into it, but he also maintained his cover. With all those Death Eaters around, Dumbledore would have died anyway, owing to his weakened state. If you notice, he was teaching Harry how to fight a dark wizard when Harry gave chase, and also stopped him from being killed by the other Death Eaters.

You bring up some interesting points.

Has anybody mentioned yet that they wont be returning to Hogwarts? I think its a pretty large aspect that is being overlooked. Furthermore, I bet that Harry will become Hogwart's headmaster by the end of the 7th book.

PS How does Harry intend to kill Voldemort unless he uses a killing curse? I can only think of when Voldemort drained some of Harry's blood in an attempt to grow stronger. Blood doesnt give love, the heart does.

What I really think is that this was just to prepare ground for the last book, in theory, the last one should be the asawme.
Edit this BBc review tell it all : The problem is that there doesn't appear to be any particular thread in this new book. The old, familiar elements are all there - Quidditch matches, magic lessons, old rivalries - but the plot itself seems to be lacking.

That exatly how I fell.

I loved how Dumbledore was in this book a ton.

Always thought he should be in the books more.

seinfeldrules said:
You bring up some interesting points.

Has anybody mentioned yet that they wont be returning to Hogwarts? I think its a pretty large aspect that is being overlooked. Furthermore, I bet that Harry will become Hogwart's headmaster by the end of the 7th book.

PS How does Harry intend to kill Voldemort unless he uses a killing curse? I can only think of when Voldemort drained some of Harry's blood in an attempt to grow stronger. Blood doesnt give love, the heart does.

I suspect Harry will have to kill Voldemort without his wand. Remember, last time he tried, they both did that funny thing because they have the same cores? Yeah, I guess he could use the sword of Gryfinndor, or Dumbledore's wand.

I think the initials "R.A.B." refer to Snape. Snape is the one who replaced the locket horcrux with the false one.

Finished it!

One thing doesn't make sense though...
Snape is The Half-Blood Prince, right, but Harry checked the age of the book, and found that it was from long before James' time, even though Snape went to school the same time as James.

A plot hole?

Fliko said:
Non of its true... don't believe anyone. :D No true spoilers were ever posted on these forums... right guys? Anyways, that is not the real spoiler.

whew. Thanks. I almost went and killed myself.

JellyWorld said:

that was my thought as well

The fact that voldemort has killed him makes it more interesting too :p

The_Monkey said:
Finished it!

One thing doesn't make sense though...
Snape is The Half-Blood Prince, right, but Harry checked the age of the book, and found that it was from long before James' time, even though Snape went to school the same time as James.

A plot hole?

Remember, it was his mother who purchased it.

LOL but might want to put that in spoiler tags as well.

Regulus Black is an interesting theory for who R.A.B. is but I don't think that's true. I bet it's some nickname that we don't know of yet...

Ennui said:
LOL but might want to put that in spoiler tags as well.

Regulus Black is an interesting theory for who R.A.B. is but I don't think that's true. I bet it's some nickname that we don't know of yet...
I am 80% sure it's Black. Imagine Harry having to go against his godfather's brother. Then again, I was 100% that the Half-Blood Prince was Voldemort.

ray_MAN said:
I am 80% sure it's Black. Imagine Harry having to go against his godfather's brother. Then again, I was 100% that the Half-Blood Prince was Voldemort.
I figured he wasn't because that's already been done with the diary and I didn't think Rowling would do it again. I thought at first it could by Harry's mother but then I couldn't justify that so I was up in the air. I knew it was a bad thing though.

Back