HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, Most names in the list they do not even exist in the real world. so even if you read the list you want have the full picture of 90% of the weapons

Originally posted by G0rgon
why?

always give logical reasons to what you say.

I seriously doubt you provide logical reasons when you post. I don't point it out when the answer is obvious. Since your slow I will specify.

1.) SHARING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL == ILLEGAL
2.)Because the HL2.net STAFF SAID SO
3.)Some people may not want to read these types of things and you are robbing them of a clean/exciting HL2 experience.
4.)It is common sense really... you are adding fuel to an already large fire.

If people really dont want to know anything, its prolly a good idea not to look at this thread at all.

Anyway, VALVe are about to wake up, soon they will get to the office.....they are gonna cop it today

Originally posted by Edge
Classified and copyright are not the same thing. I doubt the government made HL2 a classified project LOL
And explain to me, which do you think is more serious? Disclosing classified information, or copying a copyrighted file?

Yeah, chew on that for a while, and tell me how this is any more illegal (those of us having posession of the code), than the press relaying a message they got from an informant.

Because the HL2.net STAFF SAID SO

I did not know about that,

I know now.:cheers:

Because the HL2.net STAFF SAID SO

I did not know about that,

I know now.:cheers:

wow read the threads you post on..it helps you to be aware of what the hell is going on.

Originally posted by madCoder
And explain to me, which do you think is more serious? Disclosing classified information, or copying a copyrighted file?

Yeah, chew on that for a while, and tell me how this is any more illegal (those of us having posession of the code), than the press relaying a message they got from an informant.

Classified == information pertaining to national security
Copyright == protects intelectul property

Not even the same ball park bro. :afro:

By the way, I'm not saying that sharing this code is legal ... I'm saying that having posession of the source is not, ... because someone leaked it to the public, and once its in the public, it is not humanly possible to stop the snowballing effect of it getting out. Yeah, someone illegally leaked the copyrighted source code to a closed-source game, well ... sorry about their luck.

Originally posted by Edge
I served in the US Army for nearly 10 years.. I am familiar with what sorts of things become classified.

Classified == information pertaining to national security
Copyright == protects intelectul property

Not even the same ball park bro. :afro:

you're being retarded and arguing something that isn't the point...the point is they're similar...both are protected information which is illegal to distribute freely...that's the point he's trying to make

of course national security is a bit more important than the source code to a video game. but that doesn't make it less illegal

Guys, 99.97% of you download MP3, DOOM3 ALPHA, Software......etc

So where is the Copyright?

Copyright is just an illusion, it doesn't really exist. It paradoxes itself out of existence.

Originally posted by Maskirovka
you're being retarded and arguing something that isn't the point...the point is they're similar...both are protected information which is illegal to distribute freely...that's the point he's trying to make

of course national security is a bit more important than the source code to a video game. but that doesn't make it less illegal

How am I being retarded? He asked which is more serious? I gave my answer.. It is not even the same ball park! Don't be insulting by default... not everyone on this forum has to be a ****head

Ask the RIAA about people downloading mp3s. They're busy taking lots of people to court.

Originally posted by PiMuRho
Ask the RIAA about people downloading mp3s. They're busy taking lots of people to court.

I just downloaded 678MB of MP3 yesterday, RIAA can KISS my ......

Guys, 99.97% of you download MP3, DOOM3 ALPHA, Software......etc

So where is the Copyright?

Ok.... :flame:

If you post pieces of the source code in this forum... it is like posting track 2 from the new limp bizkit album..

Yes we all download copyrighted material... but you are attempting to post spoiler type information. Saying it is copyright merely points out HL2.net can get in trouble if they allow you to post it freely.

Exactly ... If leaking information is only considered a crime the first time it is leaked, then what's the difference here? Note: all it takes is one person to leak information, and when the press gets ahold of it, it's everywhere. How is it that the press would be allowed to cover a story regarding leaked classified information, yet every person who in one way or another got the archived source code for the most anticipated game of the year, are now suddenly criminals for having that file. That'd be like saying every journalist, and every american who read the news that day, are now criminals for having learned of the leaked information.

If Valve decides to take legal action against the leaker and any recipients (receiving stolen property) then they can. Whether it was someone cracking into Valve's system or an employee breaking their NDA and giving it out (or anyone under NDA by Valve) then the property is stolen if Valve says it is. The actions of one employee doesn't make the decisions for the entire company unless under contract they are allowed... I'm pretty sure this is the case.

That is... if the whole thing is real.

Exactly ... If leaking information is only considered a crime the first time it is leaked, then what's the difference here? Note: all it takes is one person to leak information, and when the press gets ahold of it, it's everywhere. How is it that the press would be allowed to cover a story regarding leaked classified information, yet every person who in one way or another got the archived source code for the most anticipated game of the year, are now suddenly criminals for having that file. That'd be like saying every journalist, and every american who read the news that day, are now criminals for having learned of the leaked information.

huh?

Not trolling... I really lost you on that one.. can you elaborate?

Its all about the XOR man!

XOR your own (read: composed) music track against the Valve source code and distribute those! You own the copyright on your file, and nobody owns copyright on the magic XOR file. lol

edit: i forgot to mention that the end-user can then recombine them with XOR to get the source code.

By the way, I'm not saying that sharing this code is legal ... I'm saying that having posession of the source is not, ... because someone leaked it to the public, and once its in the public, it is not humanly possible to stop the snowballing effect of it getting out. Yeah, someone illegally leaked the copyrighted source code to a closed-source game, well ... sorry about their luck.

Then maybe u can understand, (or at least read) what tha staff DONT want u to do !!!

U are making the damage worse. (Understand?)

-Just beacause u cant stop all crimes in the world, doesnt mean that u should commit one urself. :cheers:

sure, i've already agreed that I won't give out what I have. I got it from one source, and if tha source is still up, then more people will still get it, and as more people get it, more mirrors will start popping up. Its the same story. I'm not personally giving out any of the code. So how is posession of it illegal?

OK,

Go to kazaa and type HALF LIFE

you can download the whole game with from there. so where is the RIAA and copy right.

sure, i've already agreed that I won't give out what I have. I got it from one source, and if tha source is still up, then more people will still get it, and as more people get it, more mirrors will start popping up. Its the same story. I'm not personally giving out any of the code. So how is posession of it illegal?

Well unfortunately you can already find mirrors on filemirrors so the code being released cannot be prevented :(

VALVe needs to assess the damage and give us an update IMHO.

Just because you can download it doesn't mean it's legal for you to do so. Duh.

Edge, I think you re very sad man right now,

nothing very seroius happned man. its only a bunch of code not even playable.

Originally posted by Hanta Swe
Then maybe u can understand, (or at least read) what tha staff DONT want u to do !!!

U are making the damage worse. (Understand?)

-Just beacause u cant stop all crimes in the world, doesnt mean that u should commit one urself. :cheers:
... how am I making anything worse?? I'm not distributing the file...

Originally posted by PiMuRho
Just because you can download it doesn't mean it's legal for you to do so. Duh.

big big duh.

i can steal a car! where are the police?
that's basically what you're saying...

OK,

Go to kazaa and type HALF LIFE

you can download the whole game with from there. so where is the RIAA and copy right.

You keep saying where is the copyright and I am not sure what that means exactly. HL is copyrighted material and yes you can get on P2P networks and download copyrighted material.. how does that pertain to this conversation?

RIAA == Recording Industry Association of America

They have nothing to do with copyrighted material outside of music.

If person nr 1 takes a car from person 2 , and gives it to person 3, nr 3 can be punished, at least in Sweden. :cheese:

you have no idea what people can do with source code...it would've been better to leak the full playable game.

Ignorance == Bliss :eek:

Originally posted by Maskirovka
you have no idea what people can do with source code...it would've been better to leak the full playable game.

have no idea (excatly)

tell me? please:cool:

i dont care much for MP and this leak is only important for that aspect of the game my problem is the game will be delayed.

I've already responded to a similar statement above ... No, you can't play the game yet. But again: having the game playable right now is not important to me (hell I'm not even using Windows, i can't play the game, nor can I run Steam). With the code, you can make any changes to the game, recompile it, and still be able to run the game (after its already been released). The problem here is NOT having the game "released" early... Its the fact that the source code, in almost its entirety, is now in the public... THat is what is important, and that is what makes it detrimental to VALVe, and that is what makes it so damn newsworthy... :(

so by that reckoning i can knowingly get a stolen car, for free and not be done for it because i have no intention of passing it on? i dont think so.

YOU GUYS THINK YOU MAGICALLY AND ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLED ONTO THE SOURCE CODE FOR HL2!!?!? AHAHAHAHA, ROFL, LMAO, LOL, ummm WHAT ELSE. STFU! LOL. CSL!! ROFL!! THE SOURCE CODE TO HALF LIFE 2 IS GUARDED BY A QUADTRIPLEDGE MAJOR STEEL REINFORCED ALCATRAZ PRISON DOOR HOLDER CRAZY LOCK COMBINATION SUPER FANTASTICAL CODE VAULT INSIDE GABE NEWELLS ASS. YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT! LOL> ROFL> LMAO> STFU!! HAHA

Originally posted by Sh0t
THe source code leak is much worse than the game.

True, I hear the game is actually quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back