HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lips synching, TF2 classes, havok physics engine, and I could go on and on, and you're saying that its leaning toward fake?

Denial, gotta love it.

We've ( the hl2.net staff ) managed to get our hands on a copy and can confirm it's real. Funky stuff, shame it was leaked though.

Yes, it is absolutely real. Anyone that says otherwise obviously didnt look at it.

It is real code.

But what is it the real code for?

I'm guessing Iran's nuclear weapons guidance systems.

Yes, it's real. Not necessarily current, but it's no fake.

If you look closely you'll notice that there are a lot of NVFx shader cpp files . There are also manual reguarding the havok engine and Ipion Virtual Physics SDK ......

Yea I know, see my previous posts :)
I love all the non programmers turned experts overnight though.

\src_main\maxsdk\plugin

what the hell is that?

On the subject of the havok SDK that comes with some versions of flash i think.

Nobody has given me a link to the lip synch stuff yet but i did find some stuff on microsoft voice recognition???

The TF2 stuff could have been written by someone with modding experience i suppose but I'm not sure about that stuff.

I havn't found any DX9 engine code, only stuff from HL1 which was all in openGL.

yes, I guess I understand why the administrators are taking such a stance against it. Still, I think we could pretty much put fears to rest pretty quickly if we were allowed to talk about it.

And axdenied01, I could right a whole lot of fake code and give it names relating to Half-Life 2, hell the havok physics SDK is someting I could easily get a hold of, after that it's just a matter of copy and paste. It wouldn't take tons of work to make a fake SDK since there is a ton of stuff out there to start off with. Just make a few changes here and there.

" // don't check for low ammo if you're near the max range of the weapon " haha that cracks me up :D

qckbeam, its real, get over it. Just read the mod's message if you don't beleive the 90% of us who says its real...

Also, could you write classes, codes, headers, etc, in such a high volume, all meaning something logical, and completly related to HL2. Dont make a judgment until you see the code, or read the ridiculous amount of descriptions that all make sense.

\src_main\maxsdk\plugin

If you have to ask what that is, you truly don't have a clue.

disclaimer: I DONT HAVE TIME TO READ 36 PAGES OF HL2.NET FORUM GARBAGE

That being said, has anyone pointed out the easy assumption that this is the SDK? We know that non-Valve people have the SDK, which contains the game code. I don't see what the big f**king deal is here, we'll ALL have the SDK after awhile.

EDIT: For people who HAVE seen the code: unless there's actual engine code in there, it's probably the HL2 SDK. Compare to the HL1 SDK for reference.

um so can we do anything with this source code? or just look at it.. like open up the game menus or anything??

Yes, that's been pointed out and dismissed. SDK's don't usually give away the entire engine.

The one a few posts up, on this page(36), and the page before(35), at the bottom

Its a shame that its released, really. I really hope valve does something about this... It would really be unfortunate if they had major consequences because of that..

Wow, Valve has never leaked anything outside of Day One (which wasn't really their fault) and now THIS. Ouch!

Originally posted by dscowboy
disclaimer: I DONT HAVE TIME TO READ 36 PAGES OF HL2.NET FORUM GARBAGE

That being said, has anyone pointed out the easy assumption that this is the SDK? We know that non-Valve people have the SDK, which contains the game code. I don't see what the big f**king deal is here, we'll ALL have the SDK after awhile.

If you read, you would have known that YES people have asked that many many times.

Please become a sponsor of the Church of Euthanasia

Shot: lol Valve stopped useing 3DSMAX along time ago, I'm just woundering what the SDK is doing there, I mean do they really need to make max plugins. Personally I would have thought they would be makeing XSI plugins and i don't see the XSI SDK.

Can some one who has a copy of it tell me what date the last file modified/created is, i.e. how old is this build?

Originally posted by PiMuRho
Yes, that's been pointed out and dismissed. SDK's don't usually give away the entire engine.

What makes it appear to be the engine? The pixel shaders? Valve has already told us we'll be able to write our own pixel shaders in mods, why wouldn't they provide HLSL examples in the SDK?

PiMuRho, what kind of code suggests it's the engine source?

Originally posted by axdenied01
Its a shame that its released, really. I really hope valve does something about this... It would really be unfortunate if they had major consequences because of that..
Major consequences like... people starting the code for their mods earlier?
I would like to do that but I probably won't.

some of the TF2 files are dated as being last modified on the 29th of august.

There's a lot of weird stuff in there though, like different lip synching technology readme's and stuff, when they claim to have developed their own.
If it's real... it's real old.
Lots of Old TFC stuff in there too, and random junk.

if the mods confirmed it's real though... i'd like to know how.

Originally posted by dscowboy
What makes it appear to be the engine? The pixel shaders? Valve has already told us we'll be able to write our own pixel shaders in mods, why wouldn't they provide HLSL examples in the SDK?

PiMuRho, what kind of code suggests it's the engine source?

Mainly the engine source files.

"Major consequences like... people starting the code for their mods earlier?
I would like to do that but I probably won't."

You didnt look at the code did you. This has everything, even steam security related content, etc.

Wow... the worldcraft directory has a lot of VERY old images... except one... It was modified June 28 2003 and shows one of the icons that has never been in worldcraft/hammer ever to my knowledge.

Attachments

• mapedit256.jpg
    mapedit256.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 386
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back