HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Sh0t
If you read, you would have known that YES people have asked that many many times.

Then what was the answer, f*cksaw? 300 posts by sh*itwit developer wannabes like you answers nothing, what exactly 'proves' it's not the SDK?

Well there's a whole lot of stuff in there that indicates it isn't SDK.
eg. To-do lists, conversations between developers in engine files. Other stuff they wouldn't include in an SDK.

edit: also i'm not trying to sound like a software expert, if any of those comments are directed at me. i have no idea what a game development cycle would be like, and have very limited programming knowledge.

I just looked at the whole SDK and I must say, if it's a fake it's a very very good one.

Thank-you qckbeam, your certification means a lot to me. Your extensive knowledge has helped lead me to also believe it's real.

Read the part about the blood and such... that sounds a whole lot better than HL1 blood.

if mods are cracking down on people posting links, they should also punish people asking for the links for the source codes too imo

if they just went to A CERTAIN WEBSITE and figured it out, we would all be better off.
i saw that in suprnova and thoguht "WHAT THE HELL" and came straight to HL2.net forums... sure enough it was the talk of the town :p

I think the MODS should disable PM'ing for a few days till this settles down to stop the trading of these links and stuff.

i can't tell about the blood! just sounds a little more dynamic.

i linked to a file sharing website... ? that's all. i don't think hl2 is even on there :\
edit: don't worry i got rid of it anyways

yup me too... last night at 4am. i downloaded it not knowing what it was. hoping it was some hl2 footage or some new crap.. you know new video. turns out to be some important code.

edit: i think they removed the link.

Just a little followup comparison picture, of the icon we had, and the icon included in the supposed source... If they spent so much time making this as to edit this tiny detail then this is the best fake I've ever seen. I may not know coding, but I know images. :dozey:

Edit> One on right is included in the source.

Attachments

• iconcompare.jpg
    iconcompare.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 424
I hope vavle puts out a statement today. the suspense is killing me.

Originally posted by Headwires
wow 1 is bigger than the other amazin :/

To the untrained eye maybe. But the one from the source is much more complete, without jpeg artifacts or shrink aliasing, you can actually make out a lot more detail in the one included in the source.

Yes, as I said earlier, it is real code, and it is not just kludged from something totally unrelated, or even from earlier versions. The source is not an SDK -- the HLSDK was about 75MB, and only had what was required for mod-makers to make their mods; this file extracts to 160+MB. This DOES include source code for the engine, as well as every library that VALVe is using for other various aspects of the game (as were already mentioned: Havok, LipSinc, MS Speech, ...)
As a programmer, trust me: it is all real. and it does compile. See the list of compiled files I posted here: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10591

Most of the EXE's run, and even HLDS will start, but can't load a map. the HL2.exe will start, but crashes immediately.

Also read the news topic at http://server.counter-strike.net/ if you're interested in arguments or explanations.

what if the game is delayed because of that source code and what if valve planed that the source is leaked so they can delay the game now

Originally posted by Kitarist
what if the game is delayed because of that source code and what if valve planed that the source is leaked so they can delay the game now
It most likely will be delayed, to give VALVe enough time to change the code enough that it hopefully would not work to recompile a new, custom DLL or EXE.

Originally posted by madCoder
Yes, as I said earlier, it is real code, and it is not just kludged from something totally unrelated, or even from earlier versions. The source is not an SDK -- the HLSDK was about 75MB, and only had what was required for mod-makers to make their mods; this file extracts to 160+MB. This DOES include source code for the engine, as well as every library that VALVe is using for other various aspects of the game (as were already mentioned: Havok, LipSinc, MS Speech, ...)
As a programmer, trust me: it is all real. and it does compile. See the list of compiled files I posted here: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10591

Most of the EXE's run, and even HLDS will start, but can't load a map. the HL2.exe will start, but crashes immediately.

where is the engine code WHERE, i have been asking for somone to tell me the location for ages. I can find the HL1 engine code in there which doesn't make any sense and i can find some files that appear to define PS shaders but they could have been made in render monkey (www.ati.com), so give me the location of the DX9 renderer core components.

whats everyone talking about some email or something I read somewhere thats been deleted fro everywhere.

Apologies if this is a banned subject I am NOT asking for anything. However if someone was to pm me some info I'm all for a bit of gossip :)

BTW dont send me any links to the DL cause I aint interested in any illegal stuff just some gossip :) :cheers:

ffs better not be another delay, we'll be lookin at next year if there is :(

The worldcraft source should be fairly new. The resource file contained a file called dispedit.bmp and had different brush sizes. Probably for displacement map editing. Also, have a look at newsplash.bmp.

In src_main\game_shared\cstrike there is also source for the weapon Famas in cs, that appeared in 1.6.

Originally posted by Kitarist

Did you sniff glue as a child? :p

even if its delayed more it cant be that bad. Halloween , Thanksgiving , Xmas , New years :) and maybe halflife2.

//========= Copyright © 1996-2004, Valve LLC, All rights reserved. ============

now thats weird.
found it in cl_dll hl2_dll jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back