impressions of london (for americans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop acting like a kid and I'll stop treating you like one.

stop acting like a facist c*** and we'll stop treating YOU like one.

just because a very select few extremist muslims commit acts of terrorism does not mean all muslims are terrorists. muslims are not the only race that has ever commited acts of war either. i got news for you, EVERY country has. ESPECIALLY America.

liking the sig Sol.

stop acting like a facist c*** and we'll stop treating YOU like one.

just because a very select few extremist muslims commit acts of terrorism does not mean all muslims are terrorists. muslims are not the only race that has ever commited acts of war either. i got news for you, EVERY country has. ESPECIALLY America.

liking the sig Sol.

A fascist ****, eh?
I voted Liberal Democrat in the general election. Try "realist" and you're a bit closer to the truth.

A fascist ****, eh?
I voted Liberal Democrat in the general election. Try "realist" and you're a bit closer to the truth.

you think it's 'realistic' to condem ALL muslims because of the crimes of a few nut-jobs? they're just people! based on 9/11 and 7/7 etc, my views on extremists go from bad to worse, but i still walk down the street and see little muslim kids playing in the park with their families and i smile, and i don't think anything about killing them or sending them back to a country they no longer belong in like you do.

the great thing is you've lost this argument already, no matter how facist you are, how wrong you think it is, mulims are here to stay. get used to it or move to texas.

It's impossible to deal with immigration policy on an "individual scale" to tackle this problem. It's a basic cultural incompatibility. And even if the individual you pass through is ok, what about their kids? Seduced by the messages of the mullahs.
Belgium is doing it. And we're doing quite well. We do, however, have problems with racism. People still think that immigrants are still as ill-informed of our country as a few years ago, and that's becoming a problem.

The immigrants aren't the problem anymore; they've adapted to, integrated in and helped shape the community. But we do have extremist right-wingers who think that more hands to let the economy grow is bad.

Really - why is that?
Because here, we prefer to have an open mind about things. Currently, you're only considering the option of throwing people out.

We prefer to look at different options, and perhaps use a mix of several ones to achieve an optimal result.

you think it's 'realistic' to condem ALL muslims because of the crimes of a few nut-jobs? they're just people! based on 9/11 and 7/7 etc, my views on extremists go from bad to worse, but i still walk down the street and see little muslim kids playing in the park with their families and i smile, and i don't think anything about killing them or sending them back to a country they no longer belong in like you do.

the great thing is you've lost this argument already, no matter how facist you are, how wrong you think it is, mulims are here to stay. get used to it or move to texas.

Where did I say ANYTHING about condemning or killing all Muslims?
Oh, and please, tell me what's so fascist about controlling immigration from enemy nations?
Lost your common sense somewhere, I see...

Belgium is doing it. And we're doing quite well. We do, however, have problems with racism. People still think that immigrants are still as ill-informed of our country as a few years ago, and that's becoming a problem.

The immigrants aren't the problem anymore; they've adapted to, integrated in and helped shape the community. But we do have extremist right-wingers who think that more hands to let the economy grow is bad.

Belgium isn't exactly a contentious nation on the world stage, like Britain is.

Because here, we prefer to have an open mind about things. Currently, you're only considering the option of throwing people out.

We prefer to look at different options, and perhaps use a mix of several ones to achieve an optimal result.

Solaris and his cheerleader cherry have an open mind now? Wow, thank you for your insight.

Oh, and please, tell me what's so fascist about controlling immigration from enemy nations?
Last time I checked, your country was outsourcing jobs and trading goods with those enemy nations.

We outsource jobs to the radical states in the Middle East? News to me.

Thats because you wont hear any news that doesnt support your racist ideas of other cultures.

Thats because you wont hear any news that doesnt support your racist ideas of other cultures.

If you think Islamic society is equal to Western society, you are a fool - and inevitably contributing to the downfall of our society.
In any case, I'd be happy to hear exactly what jobs we've been outsourcing to the Middle East. Tourism to Dubai and the oil industry don't count.

Now, you can tell me why exactly I shouldn't have a negative view of a barbaric, oppressive culture that dominates its people into submission, considers women as objects, preaches hatred and threatens or carries out violence at all who oppose them, even if it's just saying something they don't like. A culture we are at war with on ideological grounds, a culture that wants us all dead.
Really? Why? The Americans have a point when they say we have no spine anymore.

Solaris and his cheerleader cherry have an open mind now? Wow, thank you for your insight.

wow, you really are new to these boards...

'enemy' nations? man you must be american. understand that no one from anywhere else would use that phrase. and you were not just talking about controlling immigration, you outright accused all muslims of being terrorists or potential ones. and you still continue to do so in your allegation about muslim children. your ignorance truly horrifies me, and your views would not be out of place in the KKK or on a nazi board meeting. you are, quite simply, a racist.

wow, you really are new to these boards...

'enemy' nations? man you must be american. understand that no one from anywhere else would use that phrase. and you were not just talking about controlling immigration, you outright accused all muslims of being terrorists or potential ones. and you still continue to do so in your allegation about muslim children. your ignorance truly horrifies me, and your views would not be out of place in the KKK or on a nazi board meeting. you are, quite simply, a racist.

Nations we or our allies are at war with, either directly or indirectly, are indeed enemy nations.
Everyone is a potential terrorist. Muslims are far more likely to be terrorists than any other group. So, yes, we should quite rightly be vigilant. Perhaps you'll wake up when the Houses of Parliament get destroyed. Or you can keep on being blind, just so you can tell yourself that you're "tolerant".
What's your big love affair for Muslims anyway? Why is being nice to them more important to you than the safety and survival of our civilisation? It boggles the mind. YOUR ignorance is truly astounding.

ok then answer me this: name one 'nation' we are at war with.

i think you'll find you can't, no, infact we are 'at war' with groups, not whole nations! what about the people that want to get away from those goups by immigrating? what about the people already here of the same race or faith. you condemn them all.

my love affair with muslims? it's the same as my love affair with all people, you see, unlike some, I VALUE LIFE!

you seem to be suggesting that we should condemn all muslims (to what i don't know), just because some 'might' be terrorists. ever heared of the IRA? we don't go around being racist to all irish people. why is it that we (correction, YOU) condemn all muslims?

ok then answer me this: name one 'nation' we are at war with.

i think you'll find you can't, no, infact we are 'at war' with groups, not whole nations! what about the people that want to get away from those goups by immigrating? what about the people already here of the same race or faith. you condemn them all.

my love affair with muslims? it's the same as my love affair with all people, you see, unlike some, I VALUE LIFE!

you seem to be suggesting that we should condemn all muslims (to what i don't know), just because some 'might' be terrorists. ever heared of the IRA? we don't go around being racist to all irish people. why is it that we (correction, YOU) condemn all muslims?

First of all, I'd like to point out the irony in your thinly-veiled anti-American racism in your previous post. Not unexpected. It's hip to hate Americans and love Muslims.
Now, to business. You are right in that we are not at war with any whole nation, and that's why the situation is even more alarming. It makes it impossible to tell friend from foe, and if we want to ensure our security we must assume that they are all foes unless proven otherwise.
Why should I care about Muslims that want to immigrate here? Why should I risk my safety and that of everyone around here so they can come here and whine about mistreatment all the time?
Waaaaa, the most tolerant country in the world printed some cartoons against Mohammed. Let's burn the Danish embassy.
Waaaaa, they won't let me go to school wearing my Islamic dress and veil. Let's sue them.
Waaaaa, there are no halal meat options in school menus.
I don't see any other immigrant groups complaining all the time about things not to their liking, do you? Nor do I see 22% of other immigrant groups thinking of the 7/7 bombers as martyrs. If you don't like Britain, you're ****ing free to leave.

So, what's YOUR solution? Let me guess - you don't have one. You just prefer to make noise about "racism" and bury your head in the sand.

First of all, I'd like to point out the irony in your thinly-veiled anti-American racism in your previous post. Not unexpected. It's hip to hate Americans and love Muslims.
Now, to business. You are right in that we are not at war with any whole nation, and that's why the situation is even more alarming. It makes it impossible to tell friend from foe, and if we want to ensure our security we must assume that they are all foes unless proven otherwise.
Why should I care about Muslims that want to immigrate here? Why should I risk my safety and that of everyone around here so they can come here and whine about mistreatment all the time?
Waaaaa, the most tolerant country in the world printed some cartoons against Mohammed. Let's burn the Danish embassy.
Waaaaa, they won't let me go to school wearing my Islamic dress and veil. Let's sue them.
Waaaaa, there are no halal meat options in school menus.
I don't see any other immigrant groups complaining all the time about things not to their liking, do you? Nor do I see 22% of other immigrant groups thinking of the 7/7 bombers as martyrs. If you don't like Britain, you're ****ing free to leave.

So, what's YOUR solution? Let me guess - you don't have one. You just prefer to make noise about "racism" and bury your head in the sand.

you act as if this country does not belong to the muslims that live here, it does, just like it belongs to all races who live here. why shouldn't our society cater for their needs like it does ours? the difference between us is that while you think 'why should we?' i think that the ends justifies the means, the goal is peace and multiculturalism, everyone living together. if we have to put halal meat into the school menu to cater for this then i'm willing to do it. sure it's not as subtle as carpet bombing their entire country but hey, i'm a radical.

Lima Oscar Lima "anti-American racism"

I think the best thing to do is just put good sir repiV's statements on a big billboard and let his words do his talking for him. Such wisdom cannot be refuted.

PS: Just a thought I had. I've always believed in the force of numbers, and if there is a considerable number of Muslims, why shouldn't they be catered to? Give em some damn Halal meat, what's the big deal? (I'm assuming here Muslims are the ones who like Halal meat) Give the people what they want. 30% of your population Chinese? Give 'em some damn chopsticks and rice; cut 'em a break.

you act as if this country does not belong to the muslims that live here, it does, just like it belongs to all races who live here. why shouldn't our society cater for their needs like it does ours? the difference between us is that while you think 'why should we?' i think that the ends justifies the means, the goal is peace and multiculturalism, everyone living together. if we have to put halal meat into the school menu to cater for this then i'm willing to do it. sure it's not as subtle as carpet bombing their entire country but hey, i'm a radical.

This country does NOT belong to the Muslims that live here. They are guests in our country.
Multiculturalism does not promote peace, it promotes racial tensions, segregation and ultimately terrorism. When will Europeans wake up and see this moronic fallacy of multiculturalism for what it is?
All cultures are not equally valid, especially not in one culture's home country. You try going to Saudi Arabia and making demands on how they run things - you'd have your head cut off.
If you aren't willing to become British, get the **** out of Britain. It's so mindbendingly arrogant to think you have a right to go to someone else's country and change it to your liking - and bordering on treasonous to aid foreign cultures in destroying our own.

Here, just in case you still believe that Islamic culture (you know, that culture that's always blowing stuff up, even in our own country) is equal to Western culture:

ARAB / ISLAMIC NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS
From a pool of 1.4 BILLION Muslims
20% of World's Population
(2 out of every 10 people)

Literature
1988 - Najib Mahfooz 1988. *

Peace
1978 - Anwar El-Sadat
1994 - Yasser Arafat **
2003 - Shirin Ebadi
2005 - Mohamed ElBaradei

Chemistry
1999 - Ahmed Zewail

Physics
Abdus Salam

* Najib was stabbed in the back by Egyptian Moslem fundamentalists in 1997 because he supported the Peace Process between the Arabs ("Palestinians") and Israelis. Najib was partially paralyzed as a result.

**The Norwegians played an ugly joke on the world by pretending Arafat was a Man of Peace.

Note: Elias James Corey (Chemistry 1990), Peter Brian Medawar (Medicine 1960) and Ferid Mourad (Medicine 1998) are Nobel Prize winners but are Arab-Christians, not Muslims.

JEWISH NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS
From a pool of 12 million Jews
0.2% of the World's Population
(2 out of every 1,000 people)

Literature

1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
1991 - Nadine Gordimer
2002 - Imre Kertesz
2005 - Harold Pinter

World Peace

1911 - Alfred Fried
1911 - Tobias Asser
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
1995 - Joseph Rotblat

Chemistry

1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1910 - Otto Wallach
1915 - Richard Willstaetter
1918 - Fritz Haber
1943 - George Charles de Hevesy
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz
1972 - William Howard Stein
1972 - C.B. Anfinsen
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1979 - Herbert Charles Brown
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Ronald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Herbert A. Hauptman
1985 - Jerome Karle
1986 - Dudley R. Herschbach
1988 - Robert Huber
1989 - Sidney Altman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1998 - Walter Kohn
2000 - Alan J. Heeger
2004 - Irwin Rose
2004 - Avram Hershko
2004 - Aaron Ciechanover

Economics

1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow
1973 - Wassily Leontief
1975 - Leonid Kantorovich
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 Rober Fogel
1994 - John Harsanyi
1994 - Reinhard Selten
1997 - Robert Merton
1997 - Myron Scholes
2001 - George Akerlof
2001 - Joseph Stiglitz
2002 - Daniel Kahneman
2005 - Robert J. Aumann

Medicine

1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1944 - Herbert Spencer Gasser
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1952 - Selman Abraham Waksman
1953 - Hans Krebs
1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jacob
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman
1975 - David Baltimore
1975 - Howard Martin Temin
1976 - Baruch S. Blumberg
1977 - Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
1977 - Andrew V. Schally
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1985 - Michael Stuart Brown
1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein
1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Richard J. Roberts
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1994 - Martin Rodbell
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
1997 - Stanley B. Prusiner
1998 - Robert F. Furchgott
2000 - Eric R. Kandel
2002 - Sydney Brenner
2002 - Robert H. Horvitz

Physics

1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1945 - Wolfgang Pauli
1952 - Felix Bloch
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1958 - Il'ja Mikhailovich
1958 - Igor Yevgenyevich
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau
1963 - Eugene P. Wigner
1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman
1965 - Julian Schwinger
1967 - Hans Albrecht Bethe
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1972 - Leon N. Cooper
1973 - Brian David Josephson
1975 - Benjamin Mottleson
1976 - Burton Richter
1978 - Arno Allan Penzias
1978 - Peter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Georges Charpak
1995 - Martin Perl
1995 - Frederick Reines
1996 - David M. Lee
1996 - Douglas D. Osheroff
1997 - Claude Cohen-Tannoudji
2000 - Zhores I. Alferov
2003 - Vitaly Ginsburg
2003 - Alexei Abrikosov
2004 - David Gross
2004 - H. David Politzer
2005 - Roy Glauber

I think you should go now.

I think you should refute my point, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
In reality, you know I speak the truth - you just won't admit it. Either that, or you're so open-minded your brains are in danger of falling out.

Although you do make some points, rep. I woudn't exactly say that "All cultures are not equally valid."

Natural Medicines and teas are an example of things we should thank from other societies.

Natural Medicines and teas are an example of things we should thank from other societies.

We could learn a lot from South and East Asian cultures - I have a great respect for the Chinese, certainly. Islamic culture, on the other hand, is a cesspool of ignorance, barbarism and oppression. It contributes nothing to this world but pain and suffering. It has no place being equated with our culture, ever.

Although I don't know alot about Islamic culture, that does sound like a very harsh thing for you to say!

Although I don't know alot about Islamic culture, that does sound like a very harsh thing for you to say!

I find the destruction of the WTC, the bombing of the London Underground which nearly killed two of my best friends, the many "kill all unbelievers" passages in the Koran, the oppression of women as second-class citizens, the lack of contribution to humanity's success in any way, shape or form (just see the Nobel prize comparison above), the threats of violence whenever things don't go their way, the slaughters, the televised executions of civilians, the leaving girls to die in a fire because they weren't allowed to evacuate the school without their headscarves, the embassy burnings, the ignorance...I find all these things pretty harsh myself. But that's just me. They're just as good as us, remember?

the many "kill all unbelievers" passages in the Koran, the oppression of women as second-class citizens
Just wanted to point this one out.

You do know that the Bible is completely stuffed to the brim with texts about how homosexuals should be stoned to death, how women that cheat on their husband (yes, even if they were raped) should be stoned aswell, and many, many stories about bloody massacres in the name of The Lord.

So shouldn't you hate Christianity aswell? Oh wait, the Bible isn't an accurate depiction how ever christian thinks, acts and perceives. :hmph:

That is why islamic families move to western countries, to attempt to escape the slaughtering and televised executions. I do agree however about the treatment of women in the Islamic culture, but that isn't 100% followed through everyone, is it?

Just wanted to point this one out.

You do know that the Bible is completely stuffed to the brim with texts about how homosexuals should be stoned to death, how women that cheat on their husband (yes, even if they were raped) should be stoned aswell, and many, many stories about bloody massacres in the name of The Lord.

So shouldn't you hate Christianity aswell? Oh wait, the Bible isn't an accurate depiction how ever christian thinks, acts and perceives. :hmph:

I do hate Christianity. But I don't see Christians blowing up embassies, burning unbelievers, executing civilians, leaving schoolgirls to die in fires because they forgot their cross, treating their women like slaves, committing terrorist atrocities around the world or any of those other things, do you?
You answered your own question.

That is why islamic families move to western countries, to attempt to escape the slaughtering and televised executions. I do agree however about the treatment of women in the Islamic culture, but that isn't 100% followed through everyone, is it?

You'd think that's why they move, wouldn't you?
But in a large number of cases (it's impossible to say how many, but it's very substantial), they come here to get the benefits of living in the rich Western countries - and then try to replicate their culture over here. They don't come here to escape it, they come here to spread it.
Just look at what happened with the Mohammed cartoons and the Danish embassy. Just look at the 22% of British Muslims sympathise with the London bombers statistic. Just read the comments on sites like the BBC with Muslims in this country supporting Hezbollah. Just look at all the terrorist training camps.
And people are just ignoring this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back