"Interesting Poses" - The Official Thread for Garrys Mod Screenshots / Movies / etc.

Sorry Lostsoul... but that's been done better with Keiner. Good Background work though :)

And... i was thinking of Doing "The Breen Show". Anyone care to help?

The last one's pretty good, but you needed a Barney shooting up from the middle of the G-Man pile.

Thanks.

I'm not ready to release them yet. I figure it's gonna take me a day or two(hopefully) to finish my comic, then I will put them for download somewhere. I will make sure I put a link here, so anyone who wants can use them for poses or comics too.

Alyx the Merc

These are some of the first scenes I've made with Gary's MOD. There's one of Alex the mercenary, or terrorist, whichever takes your fancy & one of some antlions leaping to avoid an explosion. Both of these scenes were taken in de_dust.

Attachments

• de_dust0010a.jpg
    de_dust0010a.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 364
Here are some pretty basic ones, I am working on some CS ones that are have a little bit more worth to them:

alas.jpg

"Alas, poor Yorik, I knew him well..."

d1_canals_070001.jpg

What do you think these folks are looking at?

d1_canals_070002.jpg

Hmmmm

d1_canals_070003.jpg

d1_canals_070004.jpg

A fitting end to Dr. Breen

Some CSS "Funnies"

css2-28-04a.jpg

Bomb Carrier: "Perhaps, we should go to A instead..."
Terrorist: "Really? What gives you that great idea?"

cs_havana0005.jpg

CT: "Damn, pretty sure my insurence doesn't cover that."

Milkman, where did you get those skins for the CTs and Ts? Those look awesome!

I need help guys:

As I said before, I'm working on a comic set in de_prodigy. Well, I've decided to make it a multi-parter (I'm thinking about 9 parts... maybe more). I need your help to figure out what maps to use. The story goes something like: Barney has uncovered a Terrorist plot to overthrow the New Government of Earth (the Resistance's new name after the Combine were eradicated) using Dr. Kleiner's own prototype inventions. Barney, Alyx, Eli, and DOG (there will be other characters too) must find out who these terrorists work for and stop them before they can complete their goal.

That's just a rough draft, but it's still pretty acurate. Anyway, here's all the maps that I'm thinking on using. I need you guys to decide on what maps you'd like. Sort of like a mini-poll, just without the poll. Asterisks note which maps I'll definately be using.

cs_italy
cs_twilight
de_cbble
de_piranesi
de_quebec*
de_go_nuke
de_winterassault*
de_courthouse_final
cs_office*
de_train*
cs_compound*
de_tides* (almost forgot it)

If you want to suggest a map, please post a link to the download site so I may use it. Thank you in advance.

(Quebec, go_nuke, winterassault, courthouse, and twilight were downloaded from the HalfLife2Boards server.)

I think this thread is not as interesting as it use to be, but thats just my opinion.

the interest in garrys mod decreased, theres sourceforts, and there hasn't been an update for a while

Capcom vs VALVe... or something...

I wanted to do something a little different from the ubiquitous "The Matrix"/Kung Fu scenes. So I reached back to the golden age of digital combat and found... the Hadoken.

Is there any guide for garrys mod to figure out how to spawn obejcts, characters and freeze?

Combine Hybrid said:
Is there any guide for garrys mod to figure out how to spawn obejcts, characters and freeze?

I'm not being a wiseass when I say there's not much need for a guide since it's so simple.

Press 'q' to get the spawn menu.

Use the physics gun and left click to pick up objects, right click to freeze them in place.

The rest is just experimentation. Go to the Garrysmod forums for more info, there's a help section I post in alot.

My interest hasn't waned, what has happened is that I'm doing more involved comics, so it takes longer to produce one. I'd guess alot of people are doing the same. That's probably why there's less posts involving simple poses and contraptions. If you go to the official forums there's tons of stuff being posted constantly.

Can you use garrys mod in different levels? I tried to freeze the overwatchers and move them with my grav gun, but it says "you don't want to move me, it will crash your game" something like that.

My eyes... that forum reminds me of the spam forum I've seen, with all that annoying colors...

The Garry's Mod forum was indeed one of the most hideous miscarriages of web design I have ever seen, but it appears to have been (mostly) fixed. There is still a horrible BRIGHT FLASHING ad-box thing, but that can be mitigated with AdBlock: "/\/(ad|banner)s?\./" catches the actual advertisement, and I added "animated-background.gif" specifically to stop this thing from flashing. (Everyone has Firefox and uses the AdBlock extension, right?) Unfortunately, the hideous dotted-line border is implemented as a CSS attribute (that's Cascading Style Sheets, not Counter Strike Source) so you can't really block it as well; you'll just have to live with a little pink-and-yellow but thankfully unanimated turd at the top of the page. Unless you want to manually slay it with NukeAnything.

Get a better browser: www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
Make web ads your bitches: adblock.mozdev.org
And a license to kill: extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/nukeanything

Back