Juding from the madness at my mall its really sad that HALO 2

R

Rellik Restam

Is probably going to wipe the floor with HL2 sells. The freaking news was even there covering Halo 2's release at my mall. HL2 will be completely slammed at retail in comparison. Steam might be able to bridge some of the gap but if you look at analysts forcast HALO 2 is supposed to be the best selling game of all time.

... Halo 2 will ONLY sell copies the first three months. HL2 will sell copies for over 2 years.

Edit: It will obviously keep selling minor amounts as all games...

WTF? I dont care about how much money Bungie is making with Halo2 or if they make more then Gabe. I'm just happy to play HL2 in a few days...

BTW: Dont worry, Valve will still make enough money to develope HL3 ;)

BTW#2: Halo2 is going to be shreddered into pieces in a few months due to HL2s mod scene :>

What are you talking about Halo has been repackaged and sold 3 times over and its still selling!

Well, my opinion I was one of those nuts, last nite at midnite I was in line with 221 other people at my local EBgames, for 2 1/2 hours until I finally got in. I must say, Halo 2 was NOT a disappointment.

And it won't necessarily wipe HL 2 all over the floor, because Halo 2 is console, HL 2 is PC. If your intended to buy both, then you will. Nothing will change that fate.

The_Monkey said:
Does that many people have a X-box?

Lots of kids do. Halo2 must be THAT COOL. Maybe they dont even know there something like PC, internet ... and HL2.

its not suprising. consoles just have a greater market share. If pc's were the majority gameing machine that most people knew about over xbox then hl2 would be the big deal.

Do you mind if we wait a little for that statement? I mean, c’mon,
I am going to ask you this: Do you see Halo 2 selling like hot pancakes for years?
Half-Life 2 is more “future proof” and is a game that can sell very well for a couple of years, in any case, both will sell well, however I don’t see Halo surpassing Half Life 2 in sales, not worldwide, maybe in USA, who knows…

Rocketman9mm said:
its not suprising. consoles just have a greater market share. If pc's were the majority gameing machine that most people knew about over xbox then hl2 would be the big deal.

Well said..

I played Halo 1. Annoying level design and not even close as capturing me as Half-Life 1 did. I'll wait with making statements until I tried both, but if Halo 2 is to HL2 what Halo 1 was to Half-Life 1, then Halo ain't gonna stand a chance. Simple as that...

Hey....I forgot about steam...hmmm...is there any way we can find out how many people bought HL2 of steam?? That's why it's not going to be a retail hit..because people can buy it of steam or the store....That's kind of interesting..thanks for reminding me about steam.

flo_Orian said:
WTF? I dont care about how much money Bungie is making with Halo2 or if they make more then Gabe. I'm just happy to play HL2 in a few days...

I am not buying Halo 2 because I don't own an XBox but as a Microsoft employee who owns stock and has a vested interest in how well Bungie does I am quite satisfied with it cleaning house. I will play through it coop at a friends house.

And yes, we don't need to worry about HL2 sells. I believe it will be the best selling PC game ever easily. We should all be happy for Halo 2's success even if we prefer HL2 (which I very much do, Halo SP sucks) because it helps move the industry forward. Think about it. Halo 2 has already made something like 100 million in its first day of sales. 'The Incredibles' just made 70 million over its opening weekend and cost just as much to make as Halo 2. Our favorite pass time as gamers is becoming the preferred entertainment platform and that means more games and better games.

I don't even consider Halo 2. When I think of games, I think of PC games. Console games, to me, are separate and don't compare.

flo_Orian said:

BTW#2: Halo2 is going to be shreddered into pieces in a few months due to HL2s mod scene :>

i second that

InvaderScooge said:
I am not buying Halo 2 because I don't own an XBox but as a Microsoft employee who owns stock and has a vested interest in how well Bungie does I am quite satisfied with it cleaning house. I will play through it coop at a friends house.

And yes, we don't need to worry about HL2 sells. I believe it will be the best selling PC game ever easily. We should all be happy for Halo 2's success even if we prefer HL2 (which I very much do, Halo SP sucks) because it helps move the industry forward. Think about it. Halo 2 has already made something like 100 million in its first day of sales. 'The Incredibles' just made 70 million over its opening weekend and cost just as much to make as Halo 2. Our favorite pass time as gamers is becoming the preferred entertainment platform and that means more games and better games.

And a raise in stock value for you? ;)

Halo 2 is taking a giant shit all over the face of Half-Life 2. You know why? Because Halo 2 rocks your world. It rocks it like a mother****ing hurricane. That ain't an opinion, boys. That's the facts. Half-Life 2 is gonna wheep like a little girl with a scraped knee when it's finally released.

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

X-BOX 4 EVA/4 LYF

Absinthe said:
Halo 2 is taking a giant shit all over the face of Half-Life 2. You know why? Because Halo 2 rocks your world. It rocks it like a mother****ing hurricane. That ain't an opinion, boys. That's the facts. Half-Life 2 is gonna wheep like a little girl with a scraped knee when it's finally released.

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

X-BOX 4 EVA/4 LYF

That isn't necessary.

In case you weren't aware, the majority of Americans chose George Bush for a second term.

That means that the majority of Americans are stupid, and therefore the minority who know that Half-Life 2 is better are the smart ones.

Master Chief is smacking ol' Gordo like a red-headed stepchild. HL2 is bending over and taking it like a bitch PRISON STYLE. There ain't no comparison. BECAUS HALO 2 BLOWS HALF-LIFE 2 COMPLETELY OUT OF THE WATER.

And Half-Life 2 looks old.
And Halo 2 looks like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Absinthe said:

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

GO HALO 2

X-BOX 4 EVA/4 LYF

Wrong forum to say biased crap like that, fanboy.

Half-life 2 will sell a lot of copies, and a lot of them will be purchased through Steam.

Kanehdian said:
Wrong forum to say biased crap like that, fanboy.

I am not a fanboy.

I am a prophet of truth.

You are just unwilling to accept the fact that HALO 2 IS A REVOLUTIONARY EXTRAVAGANZA.

Plus, Master Chief has MJOLNIR armor that looks tight. Gordon has a beard and glasses LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL wtf how gay is that

Absinthe said:
Gordon is smacking ol' Masta Chief like a red-headed stepchild. Halo 2 fans are bending over and taking it like a bitch PRISON STYLE. There ain't no comparison. BECAUS HALF-LIFE 2 BLOWS HALO 2 COMPLETELY OUT OF THE WATER.

And Halo 2 looks like more of the same
And Half-Life 2 looks AWESOME!

Fixed for major blasphemies. :naughty:

Psst... i think he's kidding, man...

Kanehdian said:
I would have sex with Halo 2, but the case doesn't have a vagina.

:O :naughty: :O :naughty: :O :naughty: :O :naughty: :O :naughty:

On thing that worries me, with the increasing popularity of console games, and the obscene amounts of money companies seem to be able to make from them.

Will major PC developers adapt, or move to consoles?

Deus Ex 2 anyone....

Rofl Absinthe, I See Teh Light! Halo @ R Owns! Rofl Hl2 Is Gay J00 Cant Even hold two gunz at the Same time Lol

-Disclaimer, the above is sarcastic, obviously. And so are Absinthes ramblings.

Of course, xbox cost 159 to play a crappy console game . A video card to run hl2 costs more than xbox. Not everyone can afford a pc so there you go.

it was the same here 2 days ago -_- when they realeased it.

And, WHY, in god name, do you think the Vid card is more expensive than the whole console?

Besides, you don't have to buy the latest crap to fully enjoy HL2. I know I'm gonna play 1024x768 High/est on all cept AA and AF with my Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, it's not that expensive.

you guys just wait until half-life 2 is out, you guys act like it aint going to sell like crazy.

Aye.. I don't know what that guy is doing here. He's both immature and obviously blind since he's on an HL2 site instead of an Halo2 site. I have no problem with people liking Halo 2 over HL2, just be fair about it, and most importantly don't act like a silly 12-year-old.

Back