Lost (Season 2) **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SEE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

i watched my first episode of lost in full...and hated it.

So they have an underground mansion with power, water, and showers. The mansion has it's own security system. They have computers with some sort of satellite connection; they have ak's and pistols, and other guns. They have the ability to build traps that catch humans, and there are people who lived there, people who crashed their hot air balloon, and people whose boat got caught on a reef...

it has just as much drama as the OC (and i HATE drama, especially fake stupid drama that would never happen), and is just as believable as Gilligan’s island. Nothing ever got answered, or even slightly answered, and i hated every minute of it--but i forced myself on to the end.

In conclusion, i don't know why you guys are so caught up in this show. I would have rather my walls been wet, so i could have watched something remoting excited.

My $0.02.

Dang, i forgot it was wednesday, now ill have to wait for a torrent to go up.

xcellerate said:
i watched my first episode of lost in full...and hated it.

So they have an underground mansion with power, water, and showers. The mansion has it's own security system. They have computers with some sort of satellite connection; they have ak's and pistols, and other guns. They have the ability to build traps that catch humans, and there are people who lived there, people who crashed their hot air balloon, and people whose boat got caught on a reef...

it has just as much drama as the OC (and i HATE drama, especially fake stupid drama that would never happen), and is just as believable as Gilligan’s island. Nothing ever got answered, or even slightly answered, and i hated every minute of it--but i forced myself on to the end.

In conclusion, i don't know why you guys are so caught up in this show. I would have rather my walls been wet, so i could have watched something remoting excited.

My $0.02.
I dunno man, you watch one episode and expect almost two seasons of questions to be answered at your convenience. It also seems like you don't know the back story on most of the stuff ur complaining about IE He was lying about the hot air balloon etc.

If you don't like Drama then maybe you shouldn't be watching Drama's to begin with, this is an escape not a documentary.

I dont' know what you were expecting but it seems like you went into that episode pretty closed minded.

Michael is ibviously working for the Others, in order to get his son back.

Probably. It's like the Others are using the carrot dangling on a string trick to get Michael to do whatever they want.

There's also some major poetic irony in how Shannon's killer goes down. :p

brink's said:
I dunno man, you watch one episode and expect almost two seasons of questions to be answered at your convenience. It also seems like you don't know the back story on most of the stuff ur complaining about IE He was lying about the hot air balloon etc.

If you don't like Drama then maybe you shouldn't be watching Drama's to begin with, this is an escape not a documentary.

I dont' know what you were expecting but it seems like you went into that episode pretty closed minded.

it wasn't closed minded, because everything i've heard about the show was that it was 'awesome' or 'addictive'. The thing about the show, is that you CAN'T just join in on the middle of it, because even if he was lying about the hotair balloon, i didn't know that. So it comes off as awful. Besides, i don't like drama which is why basically the only channels i watch are discovery, history, national geographic, and the occasional family guy/futurama.

There's still no explanation for how that underground mansion stays up, the only reasonable explanation would be solar panels, but do you realize how many solar panels it would take to power a place that size? It also must have some sort of salt -> fresh water converter/filter. It's just a cheesy show, that one episode turned me off completely, how the hell did ak-47's end up on an island? How do you engineer a trap that activate when you lift up a teddy bear?

Why don't they just make a coconut radio, and phone home? That seems more believable.

xcellerate said:
There's still no explanation for how that underground mansion stays up, the only reasonable explanation would be solar panels, but do you realize how many solar panels it would take to power a place that size? It also must have some sort of salt -> fresh water converter/filter. It's just a cheesy show, that one episode turned me off completely, how the hell did ak-47's end up on an island?

1.It's not an mansion, it's more like an apartment.
2.They get fresh water from caves.
3.The guns were in the hatch, which was built by the Darhma Initiative.

ChiChi said:
1.It's not an mansion, it's more like an apartment.
2.They get fresh water from caves.
3.The guns were in the hatch, which was built by the Darhma Initiative.

1.) still doesn't explain how they get power, go look at a solar panel, 1m^2 is like 2 volts.
2.) Fresh water...from caves....on an island in the ocean? Right...
3.) Weren't there only 2 guys on in the darhma thing? Why do they need half a dozen guns? Why do they need guns period?

New stuff: rodriguez get killed in the next episode. Good thing, I hate that bitch. Worst actrees ever.

Okay, list time:
1) The last episode before this one was a catch-up episode. They specifically take time in their airing schedule to create and run entire episodes that are synopsis' for people new to the show, and you just happened to miss one.

2)Power: First thing is that the island is the former site of something referred to as the Dharma project that took place in the Sixties or Seventies, and that we don't know much about. Part of the "hatch" (what you're calling the Mansion) is abandoned and leads to a corridor that has been hastily sealed over with concrete and rubble. Something behind this barrier is putting off an immense magnetic field, and is likely the entire reason the hatch was built. It is also likely the powersource, and it seems to have malfunctioned at some point.

2) Water: Fresh water springs. Common on volcanic islands. Not at all a stretch, as these water sources are the reason that any islands are habitable in the first place.

3)Guns: The Hatch is equipped with a small armorey. The original attendents there seem to have been instructed to prevent any intruders from stopping their duty. Just why is a reason we still don't know.

4)The Dharma Project was a huge undertaking, whatever it was. It's facilities dot the island, and likely honeycomb under it. They left two attendents at what we call the "Hatch" initially to contain some kind of problem that was the result of a past catastrophe. Theres every indication to believe that there was a large population of scientists on the island other than this two men. We're not sure if they've become what we call the others, but the others are certainly also numerous.

Wow that was unexpected... I can't believe it happened. I have one question though, since Hurley's "girlfriend" dies, what's the point of letting us know that she was with him during his stay at the mental hospital?

Libby could still pull through. She was shot through a pillow/blanket/whatever she was holding, albeit twice. :p

xcellerate said:
The thing about the show, is that you CAN'T just join in on the middle of it, because even if he was lying about the hotair balloon, i didn't know that. So it comes off as awful.

You could say the same thing about other serial shows like 24, The Sopranos, ER, Alias, even the West Wing. Are these shows bad because the episodes come together like one big movie, and therefore can't be watched out of order? Of course not. Yes it's inconvenient to the new viewer, but it's also one of the aspects that make these types of shows so compelling to watch in the first place.

xcellerate said:
Why don't they just make a coconut radio, and phone home? That seems more believable.

They did try to build a radio from the plane's tranciever, and they have been trying various other methods to get off the island with no luck.

Icarusintel said:
i loved the shot of Jin and that other guy hiding in the bushes when the Others walked by, especially with the one holding the teddy bear

Shannon is worthless, I remember reading on AICN that she dies... She'll probably get a cool death, even though she doesn;t deserve one
She got shot...by the woman from the tail section..not sure if u guys have seen it yet, sai-id(how to spell) saw walt with her, she ran out got shot and Sai-id cried... Teddy bear belongs to one of the children taken away...What happened to the hatch and Desmond, missed that episode, can anyone tell me

Azner said:
What happened to the hatch and Desmond, missed that episode, can anyone tell me

There was a struggle in the hatch and the computer was shot in the process. Desmond tried to fix the fried internal components of the PC, but wasn't able too. This caused him to panic and run off into the jungle. Jack catches up to him in the jungle and they discover that they had met a while back. Desmond gives Jack the code (4 8 15 16 23 42) and then runs off. Sayid was able to fix the PC, and the code was entered into the computer.

This was also the episode where Jack and Locke first viewed the orientation film about the Dharma Initiative.

A True Canadian said:
There was a struggle in the hatch and the computer was shot in the process. Desmond tried to fix the fried internal components of the PC, but wasn't able too. This caused him to panic and run off into the jungle. Jack catches up to him in the jungle and they discover that they had met a while back. Desmond gives Jack the code (4 8 15 16 23 42) and then runs off. Sayid was able to fix the PC, and the code was entered into the computer.

This was also the episode where Jack and Locke first viewed the orientation film about the Dharma Initiative.
Sorry, so he only ran away, i meant the next episode because i dont see anyone pressing the execute button in the episode after the next(perhaps you could give me the episode numbers too?)

The broader plot is the most interesting, why they are there, who the others are.. The Hanso Foundations facilities.. Experiments (electromagnetic) that went wrong, I'm assuming that code and button is to reset the Islands natural EM field that they may of accidentally thrown out of whack?.

The Hanso foundation even has their own site.. if you remember the video Jack and Locke watched.

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

edit:
still no explanation for how that underground mansion stays up, the only reasonable explanation would be solar panels

If you watch it properly in the 4th episode of season two, Syde and Jack venture under the facility and Syde's best guess is that its powered by geothermal energy, and it's a research facility not a mansion and it really doesn't seem that large.

The facility has been there for ages if you saw the Dharma iniative video, they have obviously had the weapon and food supplies since it's inception or personnel change overs.

Im confused myself... that Hanso guy seems real, but he could also be fictional. If it is based even partially on something in reality it makes it even more entertaining.

wow, thats some serious marketing, the site is verry well done. If you go to news letter, and input your name, the site goes crazy, the time changes to OBEY and gives you the location of the island.

I tried to sign up for a newsletter and something weird happens : /

Yep tried to subscribe to the news letter myself and weird shit happened, the interface got scrambled. I think it's pretty obvious it's not a real company, the site is probably made by either a fan of the series or maybe the producers did it themselves, either way it still is weird.

Saw teh next episode earlier than u guys :p(i am one day ahead in asia)ok here goes

Anna and group finnaly get 2 camp Syhid sees shannon get shot and lunges at the big strong guy(whats his name?) buit soon is defeated and tied to a tree.Michael goes back after some arguments with anna andis followed by the strong guy craying sawyer on his back(the vines of the strecther were used to tie up syid)When michael gets back, with the strong guy who meets Jack while playing golf with kate(ridiculous huh) Jack prepares guns such an AK and A shotgun 4 mike ... but in the end he hears the word anna and cant go with guns so he goes there, but the medic girl jin and the other guy are at the camp already and meeting up with wife wife and others...jack sees anna in the jungle face to face THE END

Flashback

Anna was a cop, her partner got shot by a guy who she allowed to reach for identity card giveing the guy whose name is jason Mccromick enough time to shoot her too, she has kevlar and doesnt die...she gets back in the force and ask her mother(who is a captain) for patrol duty instead of sitting behind a desk...they argue in the end anna wins.She goes on duty and gets into trouble, she almost fires at a man who fights with his wife when there was a police call... in the end she finds out who the killer is when she gets back to the police station..she claims that is not the guy and in the end trails him and kills him...
THE END

Azner said:
Saw teh next episode earlier than u guys :p(i am one day ahead in asia)ok here goes

Anna and group finnaly get 2 camp Syhid sees shannon get shot and lunges at the big strong guy(whats his name?) buit soon is defeated and tied to a tree.Michael goes back after some arguments with anna andis followed by the strong guy craying sawyer on his back(the vines of the strecther were used to tie up syid)When michael gets back, with the strong guy who meets Jack while playing golf with kate(ridiculous huh) Jack prepares guns such an AK and A shotgun 4 mike ... but in the end he hears the word anna and cant go with guns so he goes there, but the medic girl jin and the other guy are at the camp already and meeting up with wife wife and others...jack sees anna in the jungle face to face THE END

Flashback

Anna was a cop, her partner got shot by a guy who she allowed to reach for identity card giveing the guy whose name is jason Mccromick enough time to shoot her too, she has kevlar and doesnt die...she gets back in the force and ask her mother(who is a captain) for patrol duty instead of sitting behind a desk...they argue in the end anna wins.She goes on duty and gets into trouble, she almost fires at a man who fights with his wife when there was a police call... in the end she finds out who the killer is when she gets back to the police station..she claims that is not the guy and in the end trails him and kills him...
THE END

this seems like a really old episode; but its confusing maybe someone else can calirfy... oh ya if you want to get up todate which is like ALOT of episodes you are going to want to torrent

Adrien C said:
wow, thats some serious marketing, the site is verry well done. If you go to news letter, and input your name, the site goes crazy, the time changes to OBEY and gives you the location of the island.
Oceanic, the airline they flew on also has a site.

http://www.oceanic-air.com/
This was pretty funny
"We regret to announce that Oceanic Airlines has ceased all operations effective immediately.

Michael Orteig, President of Oceanic Airlines, released this statement: "After 25 years of service, we are forced to close our doors. Due to financial difficulties in the wake of the Flight 815 tragedy, we are no longer able to sustain service. We are deeply sorry that we can no longer serve our loyal customers, and apologize for any inconvenience our decision will cause."

and its full of easter eggs, this popped up as was copying and pasting

I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents.

Okay can someone tell me where I can find this past wednesday's episode to download or something, I spaced out and completely forgot to watch it.

This new internet game they are lunching, and all the danm sites. You dont have to watch all that crap to follow the seris right?

Its not necessary. Its for the hardcore nerds. The people that are to Lost like we are for BF2.

nofx said:
this seems like a really old episode; but its confusing maybe someone else can calirfy... oh ya if you want to get up todate which is like ALOT of episodes you are going to want to torrent
I am errr Following the TV series..... IF NOT WHERE ARE YOU????(please reply ASAP)

Azner said:
I am errr Following the TV series..... IF NOT WHERE ARE YOU????(please reply ASAP)

We are were they (african dude, old broken leg dude) finds the third hatch on the island

Well the last episode I saw yesterday was with that dude locked down in the "hatch" that finally drew a map to where he supposedly left his balloon. If you know what happens next DON'T TELL ME!!

Just watched Episode 21 yesterday. All I can say is : ;(

She was hot :(

Oh well, these past two episodes are awesome.

Redneck said:
Yep tried to subscribe to the news letter myself and weird shit happened, the interface got scrambled. I think it's pretty obvious it's not a real company, the site is probably made by either a fan of the series or maybe the producers did it themselves, either way it still is weird.

When you sign up some text appears saying "Can you read this?"

Just type in Yes and hit enter. Next part *I think* is to go into the executive bios page and click on the date under Alvar Hansos name.

The whole website is full of clues and puzzles.

Maybe they're all really dead and the island is like a type of limbo for them. And the others are taking all the children cause they're like still innocent.

No, the producers have clearly stated once that the limbo theory is false. They are not dead. Most of the weird stuff I think is going to be explained sooner or later, but I'm curious how the heck they are going to explain the supernatural powers that those numbers seem to have ( ex: Hurley wining at the lottery using those numbers and then being jinxed).

Back